• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar (Ended) (TEEN)

What do you think of this fic?

• Total voters
Re: Pokemon Academy: Dragon's Roar

I've finally got round to this, and as I normally do I'll give a first impression review of the first chapter. Later I'll give reviews in groups of three or four chapters. Alright, so here's what I got:

A nice intro to what looks like a wonderful story. The storyline is advanced smoothly and neatly, though sometimes I felt a little too fast, like here:
And in a blink of an eye he got there standing in front of him was a giant red rock that was glowing from inside.
Two complaints here, in fact. Sentences shouldn't start with "And". There should at least be a comma before it, or if you're actually going to go into town a semi-colon. My other problem: it's like Reggie just teleported there. You really shouldn't have a character just jump right across what must have been at least a three-quarter hour walk.

I've got a couple of issues with the personality of Reggie. Firstly:
“Okay, I’m just gonna pop one of those TV dinners and go do my deliveries then I can get some sleep,”

Uh, he's talking to himself. I understand that some writers have their way, by which I mean that some writers have speech narration and some don't. I personally avoid it wherever possible. Unless he's thinking this, and if so you could have made that clear.

He gasped when he saw some kind of red rock that was falling from the sky as it crashed with the floor; for a sec he thought he was going to die from the crash but it only caused a small explosion and a cloud of smoke.

“I’ll go check that out,” was all he could say; knowing it was dangerous but his curiosity got the better of him as he ran out of his room.

Right, he gasped, he's pretty much lost for words, what else? If I saw a bloody meteor come crashing down from the sky I'd be terrified. Maybe his eyes widened? Perhaps he staggered backwards in amazement? One more thing: you wrote "sec". That shouldn't be there, also here:
luckily his student fee is gonna be paid off by working in different jobs around the academy throughout his first year as well as taking classes.

That sort of abbreviated language should only be used in speech; I've never seen a book or fic written with this in it, and driving away from everybody else doesn't really work (though I'm sure you didn't really do it consciously. A lot of people say that so would type it like that).

“Is it a meteorite, are there aliens in there?” he asked himself as he started walking down, but back off when he saw the meteorite split in two. “Oh shit, they are aliens,” he tried to run but he tripped and fell on his butt and could do nothing but watch as something walked out of the meteorite.

Uhm, again, isn't he terrified or at least a bit scared and confused? Aliens coming out of rock from the sky; he doesn't seem in the slightest bit scared other than he tried to make a runner. I once read somewhere "not to make the characters cardboard cutouts". If you imagine a cardboard cutout of Reggie, he wouldn't change his expression at all, would he? These characters should ALWAYS be changing, just like a real person. I find the best part of any fic, book etc is how realistic it is. I'm not saying that this chapter wasn't realistic, because I could pretty much picture most of the academy virtually the whole time.

I kept on stumbling on grammar problems, but they weren't so numerous that they affected the quality of the chapter. I only need to say you really need to use commas in speech. If you imagine your characters speaking, they won't talk non-stop with no breaks at all, would they? You sort of need to use commas in the description too, but stop linking the subject of the description with the actual description. When you are describing one thing, such as the photo in Reggie's room, don't separate the description with a paragraph:
He turned to a picture that was on the desk where the lamp was. In the picture was Reggie and his family, his mom and dad who looked like they were in their early forties, his mom had a long brown hair that went down to her waist as well as a pair of blue eyes, in the picture she was wearing a long sleeved leather blue shirt along with a long white skirt, his dad like Reggie had a ruffled black hair and shared Reggie’s black eyes, he was wearing a green shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

Reggie was wearing the school uniform because that was the day his uniform and they decided to take a picture, and there was also his little six year old sister, she looked like her mom having a short brown hair in two piggy tails and a pair of blue eyes, she was wearing a blue dress that looked like the ones dolls used.

It was all fine until you split the description. It just doesn't work; paragraphs are used to separate the text when there is a change in event, time, subject or speaker.

Don't get me wrong, the storyline of this seems very exciting; and something really does ring "Harry Potter" about this, in a better way than the books (I hated them all, except the Deathly Hallows. That one was alright). I'm thrilled that you managed to stretch the story so far, and I really look forward to reading it all. I can tell that exciting things will happen, like when Reggie reveals this alien as his own Pokemon, and his relationship with Miko seems like a great sideplot to add. One thing I can't see in the first chapter (this might be a bit harsh of me) is foreshadows. They REALLY work and are a serious upside to any piece of writing, if you use them right. But I've got the whole fic yet, and I'm definitely expecting a foreshadow.

Overall:
8.5/10

Really, really good! Grammar is a bit of an issue, but aside from that I'm looking forward to the rest!

8.5 is good especially considering I've gotten worst from the prologue.

Yeah the prologue didn't really have a lot of foreshadow mostly because I didn't have a set storyline and characters yet hopefully you'll get enough of what you want later on.

Interesting. I look forward to the end of this. However, there is an issue I have:
“I got you,” Raphael turned around with great speed, revealing that he was holding in a way so that it was pointing to the Darkan that was attacking from behind. Because the sword was covered by the cape the Darkan couldn’t retreat as it was stabbed, the sword piercing through its chest and causing it to scream as blood began dripping out of its wound, the Darkan then opened its mouth and fired a powerful jet of flames causing Raphael to jump back and get rid of his cape so that it caught on fire instead; this caused him to pull the sword out though.

Try and seperate your descriptions and actions, and always have full stops when an action is stopped. Also, try and speak presently and order the words more neatly. For example
“I got you,” Raphael turned with great speed, revealing that he had his sword held in a such a way that it pointed to the Darkan that had attempted to attack him from behind. Because the sword was covered by the cape, the Darkan didn't realize what it was heading for until it rammed into the blade, which pierced through its chest and made it scream out in pain as blood began dripping from its wound. The dragon immediately opened its mouth in order to retaliate, whereupon it attempted to hit the Prince with a powerful jet of flames. The attempt caused Raphael to jump back, but his cape was still caught and he was forced to rid himself of it. This had the added drawback of forcing him to pull out his sword, alerting the dragons to it's positioning and allowing them to avoid further tricks like before.
Other then that, I like it.

Finally got around to reading this newest chapter, and I'm glad I did. There's something... Shakespearean about the flashback chapters' plotline. That's a good thing. Your descriptions were good, your prose was good, the fade-to-black scene was surprisingly well done, and the ending was perfect. The whole thing about Shroud being Raphael's brother is a little cliche, but that's actually a good thing. There's a reason it's cliche, it works, it makes for a good story.

Very good overall, I look forward to more.

I know I practically went on a hiatus with all that's happened but I managed to get the chapter done though it's probably not as good as it should be.

Chapter 37: Turn Back the Pendulum Part 3: The Sacrifice and Rebirth

People screaming, bodies falling to the floor and blood, lots and lots of blood, these were the thing that comprised the events that were taking place in front of Raphael at the moment. He watched as a Snorlax was quickly flung into the air by a Darkan’s Flamethrower attacks, causing the Snorlax to take away a number of his soldiers down in a second. Raphael charged forward as he clenched onto his sword as he charged forward on his Rapidash, the Pokémon literally spread through every corpse and Pokémon on the floor before colliding against a Darkan nearby and stabbing it with its horns.

Raphael took his chance though as he jumped off from the Rapidash before slashing away at the Darkan’s head, successfully decapitating it. “All right,” he turned around to see about three more of the same black dragons flying towards him though this time two soldiers stepped up. One of them had yellow colored armor and was pretty large, large enough to alert people that he was very strong and had experience in battle, he had a long brown mane that went down to his waist along with a long brown beard to match and a fairly white skin.

The other one was a shorter and thinner soldier, this one, unlike his partner had silver colored armor but it was done in a more elegant fashion similar to Raphael’s; probably meaning that he was some sort of noble like Raphael was. He had long green colored hair; which covered one of his green colored eyes. The two soldiers had with them a Blaziken and a Gallade respectively. “We’ll take care of these ones lord Raphael.”

“Yeah kid, no need for the big guy to fall so early in the game,” the large man replied with a hearty laugh as he took out his sword, signaling his Blaziken to light the flames around its arms.

“Must you be so rude in front of the king Bixlow,” the man with green hair sighed as he Gallade assumed a battle stand. “Do not worry my liege, I Freed won’t let any harm come to you.”

“Thanks,” Raphael replied, though he was lost for words since he had barely met soldiers that were actually able to stand on against a Darkan on their own, usually having to take them on in groups of four or five.

“So what’s the plan Freed?” asked Bixlow as he turned to look down at his partner, who in turn was scratching his chin as if to find a good spot to attack.

“Well, from what I’ve notice this Pokémon rely too much on their fire attacks, so as long as your Blaziken can absorb that, I’ll say about ten seconds would be enough,” Freed replied before putting his sword back in, though Bixlow was a bit more hesitant to do so.

The two Darkan proceeded to fly straight towards the two soldiers, each one firing a round of fire attacks towards Freed and Bixlow, and yet neither of them moved or even flinched as the flames changed directions. Raphael gasped at this, only to notice the flames where going into the flames that were around Blaziken’s hands; powering them up further.

“Now Gallade, strike beautifully,” Freed commanded as he stretched his hand out, and immediately his Gallade shot out towards the two it holding its sword forward before slashing with such speed that not even the two experience soldiers could see. After what seemed like hours to Raphael and most of the bystanders, the two dragon Pokémon fell to the floor like two sacks of potatoes. “8 seconds, I dare say that it’s a new record.”

“I helped so you better give me credit,” Bixlow snickered as he patted Freed’s shoulder, at least before he turned to look at Raphael. “See that your majesty we’re top class.” He laughed, though this caused him to get elbowed by Freed.

“Don’t be so rude to the king Bixlow, I apologize,” Freed knelt down while holding his hand in front of his chest. “My name is Freed and this is Bixlow, we’re soldiers from Fin Island, we’ve been training since young and we have experience fighting in other wars overseas,” Raphael gulped, overseas, if these guys had indeed participated in the wars that had made such a huge fuss even in a small Archipelago like the one where they lived then they were definitely the real deal. “While these dragons are different Pokémon and stronger, I can assure you that we’ll have a sure victory just like the Kanto Army did while facing off against the rebels three years ago.”

“All right, Bixlow, Freed, I’m honored and I know you’ll do a great work,” Raphael replied with a grin as he turned around. “Now let’s head off to the shore, Chigon and Rodin should be done with their part,” he sheathed his sword once more and began to run towards the nearby pier, with Freed and Bixlow following close behind.

As they approached the shore they were greeted by hundreds of floating corpses; all of them belonging to Darkan that had been defeated in battle, this made Raphael smiled as he looked down at the large plesiosaurus like Pokémon that was floating on the sea. It was completely blue with some yellow around the fins, and it was surrounded in a grayish blue armor, it also had a long tail and long teeth and fangs to match. “I see you guys did well,” Raphael looked at Plesiogon’s back to see Rodin sitting there and drinking some tea.

“For an old man he sure is strong,” Bixlow pointed out with an amazed look on his face.

“While most of the job was done by the Plesiogon, he is the legendary Silver Knight Rodin after all,” Freed replied with a nod of approval. Raphael smiled, Rodin was famous overseas for being one of the top warriors of his time, even more so than his father, and this in turned had earned him respect for most people that aspired to be great knights including Raphael himself. “He’s my idol,” Freed said once again, though now he put his hand on his chest looking almost like a fangirl in distress.

“Don’t be fooled by his feminine look, Freed’s not someone to be taken lightly,” Bixlow whispered to Raphael.

“I can tell already,” Raphael pointed out, since the image of Freed’s Gallade slashing the Darkan was still stuck in his mind. “Anyway, let’s regroup at the base and we’ll decide what to do next.”

“With all due respect, I have a question, where is the enemy stationed?” Freed asked as he raised his hand causing Raphael to turn to him. “I mean, he should be somewhere here but do we know where exactly?”

“Ziru, my wife’s advisor was sent along with some troops to the ruins in Kin Island, we suspect that’s where Shroud is,” Raphael answered as he saw Rodin and Chigon walking over to them. “Let’s go and see if they’ve found anything,” he nodded his head and began running once more, the three men following close behind.

After the four knights had made it back to their camp they were greeted by all the soldiers that had made it back, which, surprisingly were a lot considering they were fighting against powerful dragon Pokémon that could kill someone in a minute. “Lord Raphael, come join us!” shouted one of the soldiers as he and his friends were already drinking beer, Raphael simply shook his head, mostly because he didn’t really like drinking it made him feel like an idiot, and he always embarrassed himself when that happened.

Raphael and the three knights proceeded to go inside a large golden colored tent, where the main forces and the tacticians gathered to make plans for their next encounter. Once he entered one of the soldiers walked over to him, though he had a frantic and worried look on his face that succeeded in scaring Raphael. “What’s wrong?” Raphael asked.

“Ziru’s troops, they haven’t come back from Kin Island, and the Tailow we sent with them came back all battered up,” the soldier stuttered with fear, since the news in itself were enough to scare even Raphael.

“Thanks, I’ll see what I can do,” Raphael turned away from the soldier before looking down at Chigon and scratching his chin. “Are you two willing to help me once more?” he asked as he turned to look at Bixlow and Freed.

“I’ll be honored to your majesty,” Freed replied as he did a quick bow.

“If I get to fight someone strong, then sure why not,” Bixlow shrugged; a large smirk on his face.

Raphael, Bixlow, Freed and Rodin where riding towards the back of Kin Island, so close to the hill that they almost crashed with the rocks nearby as Plesiogon had to maneuver around it. “The note the Tailow had said that they were in the temple, but if we don’t go carefully we might get find out,” Rodin instructed; he standing in front of the three younger men. “We have to enter the temple, but we have to be careful of not being found out.

After what seemed like hours of searching they finally found a good spot where they could dock. “Thanks for the ride,” Plesigon replied with a nod before it glowed and went back to its Chigon form, who flew on top of Raphael’s shoulder. “Anyways, let’s get going,” Raphael began leading his three soldiers up the hill and into the forest, his skin crawling with every step he took as he thought of all the possible results from his actions.

“No need to be nervous Raphael, you have to focus and be calm,” Rodin replied he looking over at Raphael who proceeded to nod in agreement. Raphael looked around the group once more, noticing a very big flaw.

“You didn’t bring any of your Pokémon?” he pointed out, knowing that even if they were experienced warrior they would still need the aid of their Pokémon in a situation like this.

“Don’t worry about, I’ve got it all figured out,” Freed replied with a laid back look; his answer being enough for Raphael as he started leading the group towards the temple once more. As they entered the temple Raphael felt a chill crawl up his spine, the fear enough to almost make him turn back.

“There’s an evil presence lurking around, guess we got the right spot,” Bixlow grinned and decided to step in front of the group, knowing that since he was the largest of them he could defend the other three if they were to be attacked.

“The temple is big so we’ll have to keep going through this path, afterwards will get to the main hall and we can go from there,” Rodin instructed. Raphael sighed in nervousness, out of the four he was the one with the least experience and the one that was prompt to make a mistake, of course he couldn’t let that show so he had to at least keep a courageous face in front of everyone.

As they wandered through the ruins Raphael couldn’t help but wonder one thing, that it might have been a trap all along, maybe Shroud had left a bunch of Darkan to take care of the soldiers and lure the main forces inside and then finish them off. Those thoughts left his mind as they entered the main hall.

The sun was coming down on the center of the temple through the hole on the roof, though the light was becoming deemed due to the fact that nightfall was close. The room was decorated with various fragments of Crystal stones around the wall and pedestals that surrounded the main circle. In the center of the circle right where the light feel was Ziru, a grin on his face as he looked at Raphael. “Ziru, we thought you were dead,” Rodin was the first one to speak as he stepped forward.

“You could say that I did die,” Ziru chuckled as he stepped forward a shadow coming out from behind him and revealing itself to be a Spiritomb. “Thanks to Lord Shroud I will soon be reborn as the king of the Dragonic Archipelago,” Bixlow and Freed stepped up in front of Raphael; they taking their swords out as well. “Out of my sight!” Ziru threw his hand forward before his Spiritomb fired a wave of purple energy at the three knights the attack being enough to throw all three of them aside.

“Damn it, Chigon,” Raphael took out the Ryublade as Chigon jumped in front of him. “Evolve into the Pokémon of nature, Rosegon!” he swung his sword back, allowing Chigon to evolve into a green colored dragon, the dragon had a rose like plant on its back as well as a flower-like helmet. It had thorn whips wrapped elegantly around its leg and a long tail.

“Attack Spiritomb!” Ziru roared as his Spiritomb opened its mouth once more, this time firing a jet black sphere out of his mouth and towards Rosegon.

“Use your whip,” Rosegon nodded its head as it whips unwrapped themselves from its legs before shooting out and cutting the Shadow Ball into pieces. “Now go,” Rosegon roared before charging straight towards Spiritomb, who floated aside before firing another Dark Pulse, this one making contact and throwing Rosegon back.

Raphael took his chance and charged forward as he held his sword back, prepared to strike at Ziru immediately. However Spiritomb turned around with great speed and sent him rolling around on the ground with another Dark Pulse. “Why did you do this,” Raphael groaned he looking up at Ziru. “Your Valentine’s uncle she looked up to you.”

“I should be the one,” Ziru gritted his teeth as he walked over to Raphael. “I should have it all, that dragon and the title of king, it should be me not you!” he screamed before slamming his foot against Raphael’s gut and kicking him into rolling onto his back.

“Shroud isn’t dumb enough as to let you rule, he’s just lying.” Raphael groaned while holding back the blood, though it was becoming hard considering the strong kick Ziru had delivered.

“Lord Shroud doesn’t care about this kingdom, he just wants to know he’s the only one with the blood of a king.” Ziru shrugged before turning around and walking back to where he was standing. “He’ll destroy Roar Island and then help me fix it into my ideal kingdom while he goes to take care of the outer regions; in fact, the plan is starting as we speak.” Raphael gasped at this; it really was a trap, luring them into the temple to that they couldn’t stop Shroud from attacking Roar Island. “So, it was a pleasure to meet you, but this is where it ends Prince Raphael.”

“I don’t think so,” Ziru turned back as he was slammed with a powerful Iron Tail attack that sent him crashing against the wall, the attack coming from Bixlow’s Dragonite. Meanwhile Spiritomb was being taking care of by Rodin’s Charizard who fired a Fire Blast strong enough to knock it back. “You infidels,” Ziru gritted his teeth.

“Gallade’s teleport, it’s a good thing his mind was linked with mine so he could tell the right moment where he could teleport,” Freed grinned while taking out his sword.

“I can still fight though!” Ziru exclaimed as he got up, only to feel his legs and arms being strangled. “What in the hell?” Ziru gasped as he looked down, realizing Rosegon’s thorn whips were wrapped around him and piercing his skin; the realizations making him scream from pain.

“The kid isn’t half bad, that big green dragon got you pretty easily too,” Bixlow chuckled as he saw Rosegon helping Raphael up from the floor. “You’ve lost, and now we just have your boss to take care of.”

Ziru looked down at the floor, a grin crossing his face as he raised his head to look at Raphael and the others. “You think this is over, you’ll never defeat him and now that he’s got this temple’s treasure on his hands there is nothing that can stop this kingdom’s destruction!” Ziru roared before bursting into a fit of laughter. “Once night falls it will all be over.”

“Not if I can say anything about it,” Raphael got on top of Rosegon as the two ran off, only for him to notice a Dark Pulse being fired towards him. The attack was stopped by Freed’s Gallade, though it seemed to make quite a lot of damage considering it was panting pretty heavily.

“We’ll take care of him,” came the voices of Freed and Bixlow before getting in front of Raphael. “You and Sir Rodin go and make sure the kingdom is safe and sound.” Raphael turned to look at Rodin, only to realize that he was already flying out of the main hall and into the cave. Raphael looked back, Freed and Bixlow had helped him a lot and he just felt bad about leaving them.

“We’re tough notch kid, just go,” Bixlow gave Raphael a thumb up, relieving him of his weight and allowing him to follow behind Rodin.

“We have to finish this, or else everyone will perish,” Raphael looked down at Rosegon, who nodded its head in agreement before looking ahead; they were already caught up to Rodin.

“We have to go Lord Raphael, If we don’t hurry then Lady Valentine and the others…” Raphael stopped him to show that he knew what would happen as he moved forward.

However, before they could get very far the heard rumbling noises as the whole island shook. The realization came like a hit with a pan at that moment as they turned back to see the main hall of the temple descending onto the floor. “Freed, Bixlow!” Raphael screamed; he about to jump off Rosegon before being stopped by its whip.

“They died as warriors, is best not to go back or else we’ll be disrespecting their last wishes,” Rodin shook his head, though Raphael agreed in the end, allowing Rosegon to let him go as it devolved back into Chigon.

“Evolve into the dragon of the sky and the flames, Alagon!” Raphael roared before piercing the ground with his sword as Chigon glowed and evolved into Alagon, the dragon spreading its wings and letting Raphael jump onto its back. “Let’s go,” Rodin nodded its head and the two flew off from Kin Island and towards Roar Island; however, the sun was almost done setting and time was running out.

“I promise, I will give my life for you and Lady Valentine as well as the unborn child in her womb,” Rodin spoke, making Raphael blushed as he looked at his long time guardian. “I may be old, but I’m not senile and I don’t judge.”

“Thanks Rodin,” Raphael smiled, he knew that Rodin would always have his back even if it was something that threatened his life. “Then let’s go, we have a maniac to stop,” he patted Alagon softly, making it speed up towards Roar Island as various Darkan circled around and fired at the buildings.

Raphael and Rodin approached Roar Island, the crowds of people running throughout the street for dear life were visible now, as well as all the boats surrounding the islands and ready to take the people to a safe place. “Shroud will have to wait, we have to make sure the people of the island evacuate,”

“I’ll make sure the people get away safely, you have to go and make sure Lady Valentine is safe,” Rodin spoke before ordering his Charizard to turn around and fly towards the direction of the boats. Raphael just stared, hoping Rodin wasn’t attacked by one of the Darkan as well as wondering if Freed and Bixlow had made it out alive from the ruins. Raphael just held his head high and flew towards the tower, knowing he had to end the battle once and for all.

As Raphael flew towards the castle he could see smoke coming out from the top, the smoke making him worry even more as he sped forward. He reached the tallest point of the castle where the smoke was coming out of and landed; he looking around for any survivor.

And then coughing was heard, causing Raphael to whirl around to find the direction of the coughing. “Valentine!” Raphael’s response was another round of coughing as Valerie crawled out from the rubble and looked up at Raphael. Her face was covered with ash and she looked frail and injured. “Are you okay?” Raphael ran over to her and knelt down to help her up.

“Shroud,” Valentine struggled to speak as she felt her breath quickly catch up with her again. She was able to move nevertheless allowing her to point at the large hole on the roof. Raphael looked up only to see Shroud flying on top of a Darkan, he holding out a small skull shaped pendant with a purple bead on it. “It’s him!” Raphael gritted his teeth in anger as he looked over at Alagon. “Get down Valerie, Alagon and I will take care of it.” He turned to Valerie once more, this time giving him a reassuring look.

“But Raphael it’s too…” Raphael stuck his index finger forward making it almost touch her mouth, though this caused her to stop talking.

“I’m willing to sacrifice my life in order to save you, as long as you’re okay I’m happy.” Raphael didn’t say more and instead jumped on top of Alagon immediately. “We’ll meet again I swear.” Raphael grabbed on to his cape before letting go and allowing it to fly around the room as Alagon spread its wings and the two flew off.

Shroud looked over to the mansion with a sadistic grin as he saw Raphael approach. “I was bored out of my mind, what took you?” he asked with his hands on his waist, though Raphael didn’t even bother to answer his question. “Come on, I’m your older brother after all you have to give me the respect I…”

“You’re not my brother,” Raphael muttered, causing Shroud to look down towards him. “We do have blood but it’s not what you made us believe.” He raised his finger lightly before pointing at Shroud and grinning. “We’re only half brothers and you had already been born before my mother married father which means you don’t have royal blood and don’t even have a place as king!” he yelled, the look in Shroud’s face changing to one of hatred as he gritted his teeth in frustration.

“Shut your filthy mouth!” Shroud screamed, his fury practically dripping out from his mouth as he glared at Raphael. “I’m the only person that deserves to be the king and I used to be until you came along!” Raphael adjusted himself on the Darkan before flying towards Raphael and Alagon. Raphael gritted his teeth before having Alagon move out of the way. “So die!” the Darkan opened its mouth, creating a fire ball on the tip before firing a powerful jet of black flames.

“Counter with Fire Blast,” Alagon spread its wings out as it fired a powerful jet of red flames, the jet taking the form of a star as it collided with the black flames. “Now…” before he could finish his command Shroud appeared from behind him, letting his Darkan get a direct hit with a Shadow Ball; the attack being strong enough to throw Raphael and Alagon down.

Raphael gasped for air, he hanging on to Alagon as tight as possible. “We can’t lose or else everyone in the kingdom would die too,” Raphael put his head on Alagon’s back before gripping his hands around his neck. “Wake up you slacker!” he yelled as light began to course through Alagon’s body, causing it to stop falling as a pair of large wings came out and his body began changing its shape underneath Raphael.

As Raphael uncovered his eyes he gasped at the new Pokémon below him. Alagon had evolved in a larger dragon Pokémon; however this one was covered in crimson red armor throughout its whole body. It was only standing on two legs and it had ap air of red colored horns atop its head as well as a diamond crest chest armor. “I heard Ziru speak of a second evolution higher than Alagon but…I never thought it’ll be true.”

“What the hell is that thing?” Shroud clenched his fist in rage while glaring down at Raphael and Pyrgon.

“Pyrgon, Alagon’s evolved form,” Raphael grinned before holding on to Pyrgon and flying upwards so that they’ll be higher up than Shroud and his Darkan. “And with his help there’s no way we can lose.”

“It can’t defeat me no matter what you try!” Shroud scream as his Darkan fired a powerful jet of black flames at Raphael and Pyrgon, who in turned moved its head back and gathered crimson colored flames on the tip of its mouth. “What’s that?” Shroud asked with a perplexed look as Pyrgon fired a powerful black of crimson colored flames, the blast increasing the more it moved and approached Darkan. “Out of the way!” Shroud commanded allowing his Darkan to get out of the firing range; however its right wing and its right arm were both hit and completely obliterated by the blast.

“I hope that prove that you can’t win,” Raphael grinned before commanding for another blast of flames. Meanwhile Shroud was falling down, the pendant flying around his neck before glowing purple. “What’s he doing now?”

“Guess it’s time to pull out the big guns.” Suddenly the Darkan stopped falling; it even got surrounded by purple energy along with Shroud. “You know what this means don’t you,” Shroud grinned before ripping the pendant off from his neck and holding it up. The pendant began letting out more purple energy till it practically covered Shroud’s body.

However the biggest thing was the fact that all the Darkan that were flying around the island began to disappear and fly straight into the pendant, apparently powering it up. “What’s it doing?” Raphael asked with a gasp since he hadn’t heard any of this from Ziru.

“The ultimate darkness, with the power of all the Darkan and this pendant I can summon the ultimate dark dragon!” Shroud began laughing as Darkan’s body was surrounded by a black aura and began to change, both shape and size. It was generally a shadow but it was at least three times bigger than Pyrgon and its body seemed pretty skeletal from what Raphael could pinpoint. “Die!”

“Get away!” Raphael yelled as Pyrgon turned around and began flying away, but to no avail as he was hit by the dragon’s claw which sent it crashing on the ground with a loud bang. Everyone around the crash site began to run franticly as Raphael got up. “Thanks for softening the fall.”

“Chi,” Chigon replied, its body was beat up and he was tired from all the fights it had gone through during the whole day. Chigon looked up at the large shadow, its eyes glaring dagger and commanding its body to get up as fast as it could.

“You still wanna fight?” Raphael asked at Chigon, only getting a growl as a response. “If we want to beat that thing there’s only one way to win…we’ll have to break your seal.”

“Chi,” Chigon grinned before turning to face Raphael.

“Guess there’s no option but a king must sacrifice his life for his kingdom,” Raphael looked upward before holding the Ryu Blade up. “All right Chigon let’s go…and goodbye.”

Reggie and Valerie were thrown back from Charles’s desk, the impact being enough to make them crash against the wall of the office. “Guys!” yelled Fin as he ran over to check on Reggie while Marie made sure Valerie was okay.

“Hey, what gives it was just getting good!?” Jordan exclaimed as he turned to look at Charles, since everyone had been watching the memories engraved on the sphere it had come off as a really bad for it to end there.

“That’s the end of it sadly,” Charles looked down at the now completely black sphere that was on his desk, the swirling orange energy was gone and with that so was its connection to the past. “That sphere, they were Chigon’s and Raphael’s old memories before they broke the seal and sacrificed their lives,” Charles replied, getting the group to look up at him again.

“Now this is just sounding like a shonen manga, next you’re gonna say that Reggie and Valerie are related to….oh.” Jack facepalmed, though he made sure to take his glasses off first so as to not break them, he just put them back on before looking around.

“Yeah, that’s why they were unable to unlock the memories,” Charles replied as he looked at Reggie who had gotten back up by now. “So what did you think?”

“I think…I don’t care.” Reggie raised his head and gave Charles a glare. “I don’t care about all that I only want to recover Miko,” he had a determined look now, a new found confidence after seeing the story of Raphael and Valentine. “Right Chigon!” Chigon turned around and smiled before walking over to his owner. “I don’t care who Raphael was but I’ll definitely finish what he started and save my friend.”

“We’ll help out too,” Fin grinned with a thumb up as he put his arm around Jack. “We’ll just have to convince Darren to do too.”

“Okay, we’re back in the game,” Reggie smiled confidently as he turned around and pushed the doors of the principal office open.

To be Continued…

End of chapter 37
Next Time: Valerie’s Encouragement and Reggie’s Choice

And so that's the end of the Turn Back the Pendulum and we're back with the main story, I sure hope we find out what happened to Raphael I hope you do too ;)

I've read the next two chapters, sorry for the delay. The first chapter was more or less the same as the last; work on your punctuation, sentence structure, sentence length, character believability and the occasional spelling. The first half of the second chapter continued in that way, before--WHOA!--It suddenly got heaps better. All your punctuation is more or less perfect, your characters are realistic (I especially like Fin), and the only thing you need to work on, and this is something I tell a lot of writers so don't get dismayed or anything, is the environment description. I've said this before, but Reggie is in a cave with Chigon, a stranger and a bonfire...anything else? Miko and Reggie are surrounded by Mightyena on a lush island...anything else? There must be. I tell a lot of writers, and authors, about this, so don't think you're the only one.

All in all, wow, amazing improvement! I think you actually could go back and edit the first two chapters and make them so much better.

I can assure you that we’ll have a sure victory just like the Kanto Army did while facing off against the rebels three years ago.
...was that a reference to the games? (The one man Army (Red) had a sure victory when he faced off against the Rebels (the Rockets) three years before GSCHGSS) =P

Good chapter, Flaze, though I did hope you would've went into more detail about the war, such as references to past battles waged during it.

No it was a war between Kanto and Johto like 1500 before the start of the fic.

Well the war only lasted two days and we didn't have that many character through these three chapters so I didn't do it.

What did everyone thing though, I hated to cut the fight short but I didn't want to spoil the two dragons that were about to appear.

AWESOME.
9.9999999/10 :D

i give it 9.999999999/10 because It kinda reminds me of harry potter in some ways.

Now that was epic. It moved a little fast for me, but I suppose that was necessary. You had a lot of stuff to squeeze into one chapter. I'm considering going back and reading all of the Turn Back the Pendulum chapters all in a row, I think it would make more sense then. Anyway, very nicely done. I'm looking forward to the regular storyline being just as epic.

Yeah, I didn't want Turn Back the Pendulum Arc too long because I wanted to go back to the main story, so the last chapter had to be rushed though I did try to put as much and keep it as balanced as I could. What matters is that it's back to the normal storyline and don't worry I'll say what happened to Raphael in the end, eventually of course.

Okay, I'm nowhere near finished reading, but I've noticed that you often misuse or forget to use commas and semicolons. This is your major grammatical mistake; I haven't noticed anything else.

On the plot, I've just started from the most recent book instead of the beginning, since reviewing things from that far back would be redundant, as I'm sure you've gotten lots of feedback on them since this is such a long-running fic, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but that's to be expected. I'll let you know more once I catch up.

As promised, I'm reading your fic. I've reached those crossover chapters (I forget what they're called)
I'm in the middle of exams so free-time is in short supply. Not to mention the fic I'm planning but that's beside the point ;)
Man, this is nostalgic. Anyway, sappy feelings aside, here's what I think:

I love it. I really like the story so far. Reggie Damon has definitly earned that award. He's original, fun and grasping. Another thing I like is the diversity of characters. You've built quite a stable of impressive characters. This gives a diversity that many other stories don't have and makes it interesting for me to read. The plot is very good, and goes from arc to arc, event to event very smoothly and makes that transaction easy. I don't know if that was intentional, but hey, you did it!

Flaws?
No.1 At a certain point in the story, you begin to break the fourth wall a bit too much. So I didn't really like it. It ruined the atmosphere of the story.
No.2 Some gestures: I noticed you use the word "nod" alot. By force of habit probably, but still. You used it excessively and it began to take its toll on the story. It was used in places where it would've been better to not add it. Y'know?

Anyway, its a great fic and just as before, I love it.

OK, I've caught up again...
This chapter was loads better, really. I noticed a marked im[rovement in much of the grammar, which remains the main problem. What still needs improvement is the comma part. You're leaving out commas in several places, which really deteriorates the story's quality. I'm confident that if this could be fixed, your story would be far more coherent and easy to understand, but at this point they still need work.
THe plot was certainly good though, it's revealed quite a bit about everything that's been happening. Definitely interesting, so all you need to work on is the commas. OVerall, good job.

And here's the next chapter finally, originally supposed include parts from the chapter after this but I thought it'll be better as a break and character development chapter.

Chapter 38: Valerie’s Encouragement and Reggie’s Decision

The day was just starting, and he could feel it because of two things, the gentle breeze that was coming in from his opened window and the heavy weight of not wanting to get up that took over his body. Reggie groaned, feeling like he had been thrown off the roof. After he left Charles’s office the day before he and his friends left to search for Zivok and his lackeys; however the search was fruitless and they didn’t want to run into a fight at night either.

“School’s today, what a drag…” he groaned and stretched his left hand out and downwards towards the left side of the bed. The grasp felt weird, it was something soft yet curvy, and he knew he wasn’t touching the bed since the hand felt like it was lifted by something. He moved the hand down as the feeling was replaced with soft and tender….skin.

Reggie opened his eyes and immediately shot out from the bed and landed against the wall. “Hey, what’s with all the ruckus,” came the voice of Valerie who sat on the bed and scratched her drowsy eye, she was wearing a white top along with a pair of white colored panties, something that caused Reggie to blush a deep red. “You need to sleep more cuz.”

“Why the hell are you on my bed Val!” Reggie screamed, his blush not subsiding at all. “Don’t you have morals I mean, we’re cousin and we shouldn’t be…” before he finished Val walked out of the bed and put a finger in front of his mouth while bending down so that she was at eye level with him.

“We’re cousins, we used to sleep together all the time till we were nine,” Valerie pointed out with a pair of narrowed eyes; though she didn’t seem to even get why Reggie was so mad. “You need to lighten up.” As she said this Reggie’s eyes traveled downwards, noticing her firm stomach.

“You’ve been working out,” Reggie pointed out as Valerie turned around and began walking out.

“I’ll go make breakfast,” she replied as she walked out of the room. Reggie looked with the corner of his eye noticing Valerie’s hips. “What are you doing you bastard,” he said to himself before hitting his own face so as to get any wrong thoughts out of his head. “Wait, at least put something on before Jordan sees!” Reggie yelled as he pushed himself up and ran to follow Valerie.

“What’s with all the noise,” Jordan walked out of his room while scratching his right eye, only to see Valerie walk past him in her underwear causing Jordan’s mouth to fall. “Reggie what were you doing?” he asked looking back at his roommate.

“It’s not what you think you perv,” Reggie just decided to ignore him and ran over to the kitchen to speak with Valerie. Once he made it to the kitchen though, Valerie was already getting some eggs, butter, and bread out from the fridge. “What are you doing?” Reggie asked, ignoring the eager Chigon that was licking his feet as a sign of greeting.

“Breakfast silly,” Valerie turned around and smiled at him while she got some poke chow from the shelves. “Get your Pokémon out and go take a shower and change; I’ll take care of this.” Reggie just stood there completely dumbfounded, she didn’t only enter his room without permission, especially considering her own dorm is on the other side of the island, but she was also going to bother and make him and Jordan breakfast. “Now go, you don’t wanna be late for class,” she commanded, a frown on her face that told Reggie to leave immediately.

After both he and Jordan were done changing into their uniforms they got back to the kitchen. However, what met them was something even they couldn’t believe.

The kitchen table was completely filled with stuff, a plate of scrambled eggs in the middle surrounded by a plate full of fired eggs and bacon around the side. To the left corner there were three plates of pancakes and by the right corner three plates of French toast and waffles. “I didn’t know your cousin could cook, and in such a short time,” Jordan gasped as he looked down at the table.

“Me neither,” Reggie was just as amazed, though at least he kept his mouth close unlike his blue haired roommate. “Val, you didn’t have to do this.” He walked over to Valerie, noticing the Pokémon were already having their fill.

“Of course I did, you’ve been really depressed lately, so it’s my job as family to help you feel better,” Valerie replied with a determined look, she had now changed into the Blastoise Aqua uniform but was wearing an apron over it so that it didn’t get dirty.

“Yeah but…” before he could finish speaking Reggie was patted by Jordan on the back.

“Don’t resist just sit and eat,” Jordan grinned as he sat down and grabbed a fork and a knife before he began to serve himself. “Thanks Valerie, I bet they taste great.” Jordan beamed at Valerie; trying to hide his blush.

“Thanks,” Valerie beamed, she taking off her apron and proceeding to sit down on the table. Reggie just looked at the two, even if it was a bit exaggerated it was still a nice gesture and he couldn’t just say no to his cousin. Reggie just sighed and sat down as well; causing both Valerie and Jordan to smile.

After they were done eating Valerie left the dorm room, saying she had some stuff to do while Reggie and Jordan locked the room. “So, what were you doing in your room with her?” Jordan asked with a smirk on his face.

“We’re cousin you disgusting son of a bitch,” Reggie frowned at Jordan’s stupidness before tugging onto his backpack, as of late Chigon had been staying at the room more often, probably since Reggie had decided to let all of his Pokémon out in the morning for Chigon to play with them; as long as they didn’t make a mess of course. “I woke up and she was there, don’t ask me how she got there either?”

“It’s still so taboo, and I saw the way you were looking at her as she walked,” Jordan laughed; though he started walking now since he knew Reggie would take the comment to heart. “I didn’t know you had it in you.” He laughed and began to run just as Reggie dashed off towards him.

The two ran outside of the boy’s building and through the bridge that led to the Pokémon Center of the Charizard Flame dorm, however as they passed the middle of the center Reggie suddenly stopped, causing Jordan to come to a halt so quickly that he almost fell through the glass doors. “Hey, what’s the big deal, why you stopped?” he walked back towards his roommate, only to notice the somber look he was donning.

“Miko was always waiting for us here,” Reggie replied as he clenched his fists. They were still fresh, the memories of Miko always yelling at him and Jordan for being late and how she would always wait for them in the morning and walk back with them after classes were done or after the group finished one of their adventures.

“We’ll get her back, you’re strong, so are Jack and Fin so there’s no way you can lose,” Jordan patted Reggie’s back before making him turn back around. “Now you better cheer up or I’ll beat you,” he grinned as the two walked out of the building.

“One more time you two!” Darren panted as he assumed a fighting stand, his shirt had various blood stains and his black jacket was lying on the ground nearby, he himself looked bruise and his face seemed to had been cut a little. On the other side of the rocky field were his Zoroark and his Houndoom, both of them looking at Darren as if they wanted to stop. “Forget about me, just attack.”

Houndoom nodded it head, knowing that Darren was too stubborn to listen to reason and as thus proceeded to charge forward. Its body was surrounded by darkness as it zoomed in on Darren; who jumped out of the way of the attack with swift motion before kicking Houndoom straight in the ribs throwing the Pokémon back towards the trees. “See, I told ya.” Darren smirked. Before he could do anything else though his Zoroark popped up from behind, raising its claw and baring its fangs as it prepared to do a Night Slash. Darren threw his hands forward fast and grabbed onto Zoroark’s hand as Darren pushed forward.

Houndoom got back up and charged towards its trainer yet again, however Darren caught up to the attack and let his body fall to the floor, causing Houndoom to collide against Zoroark and having the two of them fall to the floor.

“Wow, you really take the bad boy thing too far,” Darren turned around, noticing Valerie sitting on a rock nearby before she took a picture of him; the flash in turn caused him to cover his eyes. “Do you even go to school anymore?” she asked as she got down from the rock.

“What are you doing here?” Darren walked over to the jacket that was on the floor and put it around his shoulder, signaling his Pokémon to take a break. “As for class, there’s no need for it at a time like this I have to get stronger if I want to defeat those cloak guys.” Darren walked over to a log nearby and sat down, sighing in relief.

“Is that the only thing that’s on you mind?” this got Valerie a glare that came straight from Darren, granted she already knew why it was so important for him to defeat Zivok. “Listen, I thought you agreed that you needed help with that, breaking your promise won’t help you avenge your brother’s death,” she explained and walked over to Darren while putting her hands on her hips.

“Your cousin and his friends are weak, had I known that…” before he could finish the sentence he had a slapped delivered straight to the cheek by Valerie, the sheer force of it being enough to throw him off the log; though the fact he was tired from the training had something to do with it too.

“Don’t insult them, it was as much your fault as them had you taken up the blue haired guy instead of the red one you guys would’ve won,” Valerie wagged her finger in front of Darren, who was rubbing his red cheek as he got up. “And you know it so stop lying to me.”

“Why are you so close to me lately?” Darren groaned before returning his Pokémon. “It’s annoying.”

“Because I’m curious,” Valerie held her camera up and took another picture, causing Darren to cover his eyes yet again. “You’re a very interesting guy, to people you come off as an ass but Pokémon like you a lot,” Darren just looked down at her before turning to his Pokémon. “Today there’s going to be another fight, I just know it, which is why I think we’re gonna need you.”

“I don’t want to,” Darren sighed. “I don’t want them to get hurt, because of me, you’re right about the fact I probably made the biggest mistake of all,” Valerie gasped as she heard this even wishing she could take a picture or write it down. “If I hadn’t chose the wrong opponent out of stubbornness we would’ve defeated them easily and could’ve stopped Zivok from taking Miko,” he admitted, making Valerie gasp yet again. “Stop doing that!”

“Sorry,” Valerie apologized, a light blush on her face.

“Classes are a drag,” Fin groaned as he looked up at the soft white clouds that were covering the sky, after what had happened in the last couple of days he didn’t feel like going to class, but he knew if he just hung around the school he would get caught so he decided to stay on the roof. “I can’t believe I was defeated by that guy so easily, I’m supposed to be a battle expert,” he gritted his teeth and clenched his fists, the memories of Neptune’s Suicune dealing an Extrasensory to him coming back.

“I thought I was strong, but I guess my dad was right, I get cocky way to fast.” Fin looked down at the floor as a large shadow towered over him. “What the?” he looked up and gasped at the sight of an Aerodactyl flying above him, a black colored cape with red on the bottom flying around the sky as spiky red hair was revealed slowly to him. “Dad,” a look of resentment and anger went through Fin’s face as Lance’s figure was fully shown to him.

“Hello again son,” Lance grinned before jumping off from Aerodactyl and landing right in front of his son, he dusting himself up as he got up. “I hear you got defeated after all, can’t say I’m surprise.”

“If you came to rub it on my face then you’re a worst dad than what I thought,” Fin frowned as he got up from the floor, he standing face to face with his dad after finally growing to his exact height. “So what did you really come here for?”

“To make you stronger of course,” Lance grinned as he patted Fin’s shoulder. “Your principal himself told me to come here and made sure you became stronger,” he explained, making Fin raise an eyebrow, he didn’t think the principal had taken the lost too hard; but when the lives of millions of people were in danger who wouldn’t want them to become stronger.

“So what?” Fin asked, moving back so that his dad would take his hand off. “Even if he did, that doesn’t mean it has to be with you.” He pointed out before hearing the door that led to the roof open.

“Now young man, you shouldn’t be so rude,” Fin gasped as he saw a tall woman walk out, her red hair reaching down her waist, her long slender legs revealed by the white colored mini skirt that she was wearing, her large bust hidden by her black button shirt and the pair of square shaped glasses that had become a signature mark for her over the year.

“Mom!?” Fin gasped as he looked at Lorelei enter, her frown becoming clearer the more she walked towards him and his dad. “What are you doing here?”

“I was called in to train you too,” Lorelei replied and walked next to her husband. “We’ll make sure you get the training you missed this last couple of years.”

Fin looked down at the floor once more and clenched his fists, the reason he had left his home in the first place was so that he could become stronger on his own; if he took classes from his parents he would just be giving all of that up, all that time wasted in training. “Sorry but I can’t do this.” He turned around and began to walk towards the door before being stopped by Lance’s Aerodactyl.

“Fin, there comes a time in a man’s life where he must give up his pride for his friends,” Lance had raised his voice now, his tone of voice and face showing how determined he was to convince his son. “This is a good a time as any!”

Fin grinned at his father’s stubbornness. He knew that he wouldn’t give up and his mother wouldn’t either, which is why it would be bad for him to keep insisting in not doing it. “All right, since you give me no other option anyway.” Fin shrugged and turned back to look at his parents. “But I better become stronger with this.” He smiled softly and began walking back to them.

A lot went through his mind as he walked around the hallways of the school building, the thought of losing to someone yet again, and to top it off by getting injured so badly was enough to make him sick to his stomach. “I wonder what he wants with me?” Jack asked as he walked towards the principal’s office after being called while in math class so suddenly. It did dawn on him that maybe Charles wanted to tell him something about the battle a few days back, or maybe he was going to tell Jack to stop bothering and forget about fighting, either way it made the sixteen year old as mad as can be.

Jack raised an eyebrow, noticing the large wooden doors that led to Charles’s office were wide open, and his secretary wasn’t sitting at her desk like she usually would. “What’s going on?” he asked himself before proceeding to enter the room. “So, what’s up?”

“Oh Jack, I thought you’ll wait till after class to come, but this is good too.” Charles nodded his head as he smiled at Jack. “So, how’s your eye doing?” he asked, pointing at the bandages around his right eye.

“The doctor said that I’ll have to go once every week, they’re using technology from Unova to restore my eye but my sight through the right eye might take longer than I’d like.” Jack explained with bitterness in his voice, the fact that he could only see through one eye had made things a lot harder, and he didn’t even want to guess how bad it’ll be in battle.

“It’s really sad to hear that, but you can look at it as a way to get stronger,” this caused Jack to groan since he was already expecting something like that. “Oh, don’t take that the wrong way I just wanted to make you feel better,” Charles laughed while waving his hand. “And I even found a way to ensure that, I brought you your own personal trainer.”

“Personal trainer?” Jack raised an eyebrow as the doors closed, revealing the person that was hiding behind them. Jack gasped as a man began walking towards him, his long black hair combed to the sides to reveal the pair of square shape glasses covering his black eyes, his blue color blazer along with a black figure hugging sweater and a pair of black jeans that barely reached his ankles.

“Jack, this is Cheren a Pokedex Holder from Unova, though I think you already know him,” Charles grinned as he looked at Jack’s expression.

“Brother,” Jack gasped causing his glasses to fall to the floor as he looked at his older brother.

“Charles tells me you’ve been falling behind,” Charen replied before patting Jack on the shoulder. “Which is why I’ll make sure you get back on track, now let’s go the sooner we start the better.” Jack nodded his head before looking back at Charles and following his brother outside of the office.

Reggie walked out of the main building alongside Jordan and Marie, he was scratching his chin as he looked around at everyone walking out. “Valerie didn’t come after all, and Jack left during math class too.”

“No fair, they get to skip and we had to go through a whole day of studying and revising, this sucks,” Jordan groaned as he walked; his hands behind his head while looking back at Reggie.

“I’m sure they’re fine, they probably just felt sick or something,” Marie reassured, she patting Reggie softly; she knew that he was feeling skeptical after what happened with Miko, so it was better to try and get him to feel better if anything happened.

“Yeah,” Reggie nodded his head and walked ahead of the two. Throughout the whole day he couldn’t forget about Miko and what had happened with Shroud, first it was him that was possessed and now it was Miko. “I’ll save her,” he gritted his fist in determination and turn to look at Jordan and Marie yet again. “She saved me when I was possessed so the least I can do is pay her back.”

“That’s the spirit,” Jordan pumped his fist while looking at a smiling Marie. “Next time you’ll definitely beat those guys man.”

“Yeah,” Reggie replied with a simple nod, he was determined now, determined to save his friend no matter what it took. As the memories of Zivok and his comrades as well as Shroud pushed themselves back into his mind Reggie felt a growing rage, something that he just had to embrace, he knew that if he wanted to win he had to use that…that evil evolution that almost killed him and Chigon once before.

And then a beep was heard from his Academy Dex, the beep sounding so loud that all the students stopped to look at Reggie. He knew what it meant, and what was coming.

War was about to break out yet again…

End of Chapter 38
Next Time: Embrace the Darkness

As you probably guessed we won't be seeing Jack and Fin for a while since they'll be out training, though I felt like I was pulling an Ensemble Darkhorse throughout the chapter xD

Ah yes, the odd relationship of Valerie and Reggie |3

So, a war is gonna break out: this shall be interesting =P

Super stoked for the war. I really like the aura of mystery and intrigue you have leading up to that. A few grammar issues, but really nothing major... just typos probably. Anyways, I really enjoy the maturation I'm seeing out of Reggie and the rest of the MCs.

Keep this up, and congrats on mod-ship!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom