• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Different pokemon absolutely like different flavours better. When they eat their preferred flavor in a given tier they get 1 extra heart than they would eating any other puff from that tier. The most efficient way to do it is to only feed deluxe puffs of their favourite flavour which will give them 5 hearts rather than 4.

I'm not sure how the super deluxe ones work as I've only seen two flavours of them. I think They give 5 base hearts?

Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

wow pokemon-amie wow real cool you pet the pokemon and then they do the cute things wow you PET the pokemon (expect slagma haha loser) and you feed the pokemon too and you play games with them but WOW you pet the pokemon.

Has anyone else found it's really hard to get max. in Amie when you have a Eevee to try and get Sylveon?

Either that or my Eevee is way too stubborn...

Different pokemon absolutely like different flavours better. When they eat their preferred flavor in a given tier they get 1 extra heart than they would eating any other puff from that tier. The most efficient way to do it is to only feed deluxe puffs of their favourite flavour which will give them 5 hearts rather than 4.

I'm not sure how the super deluxe ones work as I've only seen two flavours of them. I think They give 5 base hearts?

There are six supreme puffs (yes, that's the tier): Wish, which you get on your birthday; Honor, which you get when you enter the Hall of Fame; Spring, which you get from getting five stars in any Pokémon-Amie minigame's unlimited mode; Summer, which you get from getting five stars in Head It's unlimited mode; Autumn, which you get from repeating the Head It requirement in Berry Picker; and Winter, which is the same but in Tile Puzzle.

I love how this boosts experience and how your pokemon battles (like not fainting).
I just wish the facial recognition worked better too. I can get closed eyes, kissy face, and tilt head to work, but I can't get the small/medium/large smiles, winks, and wide eyed to work.

My favourite thing about this feature is how in a sense the battles are feeling more animesque; given enough TLC your Pokemon will dodge attacks, land critical hits and even hang on by the skin of its teeth in battle where before or otherwise it would have acted simply by the regular battle mechanics. Gardevoir just pwned half of the elite four even when 4 levels below them when I gave it full affection.

Does Amie raise Happiness? Ive been trying to see if it works and have max affection on an Eevee. It does not know a fairy move so Im trying to see if I can make it evolve into Espeon or Umbreon that way.

Not sure if you got your answer. Sounds like there's some contradicting info out there on this.
My experience would lead me to say no; I couldn't get an Azurill to evolve into Marill with max Amie Affection. 3 or 4 Soothe Bags later in Super-Training and some walking, and it evolved no problem.
But there are apparently some people out there who've accidentally gotten Umbreon/Espeon instead of Sylveon, and someone in this thread said that it's been officially stated in the strategy guide to raise the old Friendship.

Hope that helped. Good luck!

I was playing with my Meowstic last night on Pokémon-Amie, and for some reason I thought it was really cute that he kept showing how much he enjoyed everything even though he was also hiding his emotions. And after I was playing with Aegislash and he was just SO HAPPY even though he was standing all soldier-like in his Shield Forme.

Ugh, Pokémon-Amie is amazing.

My pokemon all get 5 hearts for any flavor of delux pokepuf, so I'm inclined to believe this is an incorrect assertion.

Am I the only one who ended up scratching the touch screen while playing with that thing? Guess I was too concentrated on trying to get that Sylveon...

So for the heck of it, I decided to see what would happen if I rubbed my Golurk's chest seal. It wasn't at all like I expected.

What I expected was for Titan to react aggressively, much as he did while he was a Golett. However, he didn't react but when I was done rubbing the seal, something a bit startling happened.

The light that came from his eyes, the sigils on his chest and the rend in his chest just went out. I'm serious--it looked as though he had temporarily shut himself down. After a few seconds, he seemingly "rebooted" himself and seemed fine. But it freaked me out so much that I'm reluctant to ever do that again.

I've also found that touching a Sawk's belt doesn't get much of a response but touching the black mark on his face will earn you a sound scolding. Hero wasn't happy when I rubbed that black birthmark on his face and he let me know it, too.

Can't wait to pet my Arceus. I can imagine something like this:

Arceus: Judgment upon you!
Me:*gives poffin*
Arceus: *Arceus rolls on the floor happy*

Last edited:

I'm trying to imagine a sleeping Arceus. I've caught my Titan dozing off several times and it's freaking adorable. A sleeping Golett is so darned cute; I have to wonder about a dozing God Pokemon. XD

I'm trying to imagine a sleeping Arceus. I've caught my Titan dozing off several times and it's freaking adorable. A sleeping Golett is so darned cute; I have to wonder about a dozing God Pokemon. XD
In fact i can't wait to pet all the big legendaries like Kyogre, Groudon and the rest. Pokemon known for their badassery and terrifying power turn into these cutesy little things.

Pokémon-Amie help?

How do you trigger face-based interactions with your pokemon? i'll occasionally see the little face icon pop up in the bottom corner for a split second, but never more than that.

Re: Pokémon-Amie help?

How do you trigger face-based interactions with your pokemon? i'll occasionally see the little face icon pop up in the bottom corner for a split second, but never more than that.

Tilt your head to the side and it'll trigger the face game.

Good luck getting it to work for you though...I know I have never actually completed one, my face must be wrong.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom