• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

So last night I put in my freshly caught Xerneas in my Pokemon-amie; that big fella is gorgeous! I discovered he doesn't like his antlers touched--he'll grunt and turn away--but he likes getting his snout and neck rubbed. I have yet to let him play any games but why do I have the feeling that he'll look "totally fab" playing the header game? Either that or the yarn will get caught in those antlers...

I love playing with my ponyta! Although it will burn your hand if you touch their manes, which I find pretty amusing.

Does anyone else wish that the first pokemon in your party followed you like in the heartgold and soulsilver games? I really liked that.

It's pretty heartwarming when you max out your Poke's affection and the next time you battle it dishes out a critical or dodges a hit simply because it loves you so much. It's also pretty fun finding spots the Pokemon likes being petted, and sometimes even the spots it doesn't like.

I played with my Mewtwo exactly once though because that stare creeped me out. I mean, does Mewtwo ever relax?

It's pretty heartwarming when you max out your Poke's affection and the next time you battle it dishes out a critical or dodges a hit simply because it loves you so much. It's also pretty fun finding spots the Pokemon likes being petted, and sometimes even the spots it doesn't like.

I played with my Mewtwo exactly once though because that stare creeped me out. I mean, does Mewtwo ever relax?

Yeah, it warms your heart to see! I remember the last battle against Lyssandre, when he tooks out gyarados and mega evolve it, and I was fighting with a common emolga and I thought.. "He's gonna kill my emolga 1 hit.."but let's give it a try, first I used thunder and it left gyarados almost half HP, then he used a movement (guess it was a water one) and left emolga in red, emolga used thunder again and left gyarados in red. Gyarados used again that water type move but emolga stood! I almost cry (xD) when I read "Emolga endured the hit to show [PLAYER] what's capable to do (I dunno what it actually says in english 'cause I play in spanish, so the words surely aren't accurate, but you get the point xD).
When you see that you almost feel proud. It happened something similar with my Lucario when I was fighting Yveltal xD, this pokémon amie thing sure works.

Talking about Lucario.. He isn't the smiling type, neither meowstic x3.. But I love them anyways.
Lol, finding the spots in fun.. But I think some pokés don't have a spot where they don't like to be touched.

PS: Emolga and minccino don't like that you touch their tail <3.

I can confirm that Amie does not have an affect in the Battle Maison or during Link Battles.

And this just made me think of a question--do Pokémon-Amie stats transfer when the Pokémon is traded, or does it reset à la happiness level? I would assume the latter, but I haven't seen anything confirm this.
I traded my haunter to evolve into Gengar and it kept it's hearts in pokemon amie. I found it pretty heartfelt that my progress with him didn't get reset. Also, the women in Anistar City will comment about how your pokemon is feels during a moment and she'll mention traded pokemon befriending the other trainer and if sent back to you, will be happy to be back with you.

Anyone tried pet their Pawniard? Just don't touch their blades, you're getting wounds in your hands by doing so.

ZIGZAGOON STOP THAT SPINNING IT'S TOO CUTE

Ahem...petting my Spewpa was an interesting experience. It can't eat and when it doesn't like petting, it sprinkles it's "confetti" and grows more of them immediately.

I can confirm that Amie does not have an affect in the Battle Maison or during Link Battles.

And this just made me think of a question--do Pokémon-Amie stats transfer when the Pokémon is traded, or does it reset à la happiness level? I would assume the latter, but I haven't seen anything confirm this.
I traded my haunter to evolve into Gengar and it kept it's hearts in pokemon amie. I found it pretty heartfelt that my progress with him didn't get reset. Also, the women in Anistar City will comment about how your pokemon is feels during a moment and she'll mention traded pokemon befriending the other trainer and if sent back to you, will be happy to be back with you.

Niiiiice, thanks for confirming this! That was awfully nice of GF to do something like that. :)

Have you ever tried to pet Zorua on the nose? That's the spot it doesn't like being touched, but the reaction it has is too cute.

Has anyone notices that when you pat Articuno on it's crystalline-tiara -like thing your hand freezes? That was so cute :3
Oh and apparently your hand is burned when you attempt to touch the fire on Moltres's head!!! Kawaiiiiiii!!!! Xd
Goes to check Zapdos.

Last edited:
Has anyone notices that when you pat Articuno on it's crystalline-tear-like thing your hand freezes? That was so cute :3
Oh and apparently your hand is burned when you attempt to touch the fire on Moltres's head!!! Kawaiiiiiii!!!! Xd
Goes to check Zapdos.

Zapdos shocks you if you touch the two top spikes on its head.

The only way I've ever gotten the face thing to work is by having a lamp right in my face and taking my glasses off. Even then, it doesn't like to recognize me for things like turning my head and winking.

Tyrantrum and Chesnaught are so... cuddly. When I pet my Chip on the spikes, he got mad. And Meowstic hates being pet on the ears. I personally thought it was funny that your hand will freeze if you pet the top of Avalugg

I tried doing that, but doe whatever reason it wouldn't work. Then again...why would it? why would Slugma like having its eyes rubbed by some trainer's unkempt stylus?

I didn't have any real reactions to seeing any of my Pokémon in Pokémon-Amie. And then I fed my Skiddo last night. Just way too cute for its own good.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom