• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about non-Anime things!

I managed to get a cleaning job last year for a few months, and the only experience I had was volunteering in an anime convention for one weekend in the summer. XD (I didn't mention the telemarketing job since I quit that crap after one and a half days. lol)

Sooo hopefully that job experience will benefit me when searching for work in the near future. I want a part time job because a full-time job would take too much of my time and energy to apply to schools this spring. The work I had last fall drained me completely from everything. But yeah, at least I had money!

Where I live, it's impossible to get anywhere without having a car. It is convenient being able to just leave and go where ever and when ever I want, but cars are just a pain in the ass :/ I would much rather live in a city with a bus/subway/transportation system.
Argh, I'm the exact opposite. I live in New York City and am too p00r for a car, which means I have to take the subway daily.
I fucking hate it, the subway. Just read this thread here. It covers just about every subway grievance ever.

As soon as I graduate from college I'm moving somewhere quieter and buying a car. I'll take daily traffic over the train any day.

Omg, this was totally unintentional, but I just realized that my 69th blog is titled "Sexually Frustrated Paul"

Even in my subconscious, I swear...

Okay, that's all XD
And I'm not very used to public transportation - I only recently got used to reading bus routes and stuff, and even then, I meticulously plan out my trip. Driving isn't exactly one of my favorite activities either though...

Stereo on loud -> iPod's Shuffle feature activated -> Click Shuffle -> "Remember Me This Way - Theme of Casper: The Movie" plays -> Suddenly imagines it as a theme for GCYL when Ash and Misty bid farewell -> I am clearly nuts.

Does anyone else use the search feature to read old threads from years and years ago? I keep re-reading threads that were posted back in the AG era, just to re-live my old rants and see my posts in Misty and shipping related threads. Sad to say, most of those old users aren't on Bulbagarden anymore...

Otherwise I am pretty much just working through some old games.

Last edited:
^Yeah, I can imagine you must really miss those old threads a lot. :spin:

This thread suddenly makes me a more grateful that I actually have a job that's within walking distance from where I live. Just think of all the gas money I've saved for almost a year. It's only a part-time job, but it's something, and my dad has found me some work that I should be able to do for him from time to time.

lkjslfjs Metrocards. Scott, did you hear the fare is going up again? T___T Up to like $2.50. And it doesn't help that the freaking unlimited Metrocards are so ridiculously priced that it's pointless to have one, and that toll fares are going up too. It's a good thing my uni provides free bus service and I can just walk places (NY ftw) or else I'd have to pay for the commute on top of my already ridiculous tuition :p

When I was in NYC in October I was surprised how much the subway was. But I mean....gas is $3.47ish+ a gallon here (and always more in the city)...I know the subway can only take you locally, but idk, it just seems like a better deal than having to worry about a car + gas + repairs + maintenance XD Maybe I'm just crazy because I've lived with it for so long and am so sick of it...

Using public transportation is scary sometimes, though, especially when you're not used to doing it ;__; When I was leaving NYC, I had to take a bus alone from my friend's apartment to the airport and I kept freaking out every time it stopped "OH GOD DID I MISS IT I AM NEVER GETTING HOME WHAT DO" but everything went better than expected

Wait...WHAT? Fare is going up...AGAIN?!

SOOO glad I'm not in school anymore because ARCEUS dammit train fare ALONE was soo much on my college travel expenses. It doesn't help that I had to pay $70.25 for a 10 ride pass for Long Island Rail Road....

Using public transportation is scary sometimes, though, especially when you're not used to doing it ;__; When I was leaving NYC, I had to take a bus alone from my friend's apartment to the airport and I kept freaking out every time it stopped "OH GOD DID I MISS IT I AM NEVER GETTING HOME WHAT DO" but everything went better than expected
I'm used to public transportation, but when I was in London last year it felt so different from our system back here that I was a bit scared too. XD I assume NYC is a lot like London? At least from the Finnish point of view.

I really want to travel to NYC someday, it's my number one dream place to visit ;_; <3

A return train ticket to central london from my house, which is just one train for 25 minutes costs £9.80 (about 16 dollars). Let's just say I'm going to avoid getting the train there. :c Even a bus for just travelling one stop, for a minute, costs £2.30. >_>

:D

I'm so excited!!

And I hate taking public transportation as well. Especially the Subway, it's scary!

Although I do love traveling on train by Metro North, The train ride to Grand Central is usually nice.

lkjslfjs Metrocards. Scott, did you hear the fare is going up again? T___T Up to like $2.50. And it doesn't help that the freaking unlimited Metrocards are so ridiculously priced that it's pointless to have one, and that toll fares are going up too. It's a good thing my uni provides free bus service and I can just walk places (NY ftw) or else I'd have to pay for the commute on top of my already ridiculous tuition :p
aslkfhslsfsdkg don't fucking tell me that ;_;

I already have to waste inordinate amounts of money on metrocards every month because the turnstiles like to rip me off at every possible opportunity and in my neighborhood they don't address any problems for years until something tragic happens that makes them do it.

Where is that money even going? There are two train stations in my area that have been under construction since 2009 and there has been no progress whatsoever.

@Meron Actually the London metro reminded me a lot of the ones in NYC. The ones in NYC don't tell you to ~MIND THE GAP~ though.

@Yoshi-san @Paperhorse @Luna Tiger @Aestivate UGHHHH I AM SO JEALOUS ;____; HAVE FUN YOU GUYSSSSS HAVE SCIENTIST SHIPPING CREYS AND SING SOME GAGA FOR ME

And @Paperhorse totally didn't tell me that you guys were talking about inappropriate fanfiction in Grand Central or anything.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom