• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Anime General Chat - Talk about non-Anime things!

So I can talk about anything here , Right
ANYTHING
Okay,First Hayate the combat Butler
Don't you think This anime lacks really good male character. (specially same age as Nagi)
I mean, Look at the popular poll
All the top character are female Accept Hayate !
I wish there was one boy who's around Nagi's age and who happen to be strong ,clever and rich.
And Doesn't get bulied like Wataru !
May be a Airhead like Dia (Pokemon adventure) who happen to be a heir of a Mafia family.
I wonder if Hinagiku manage to get Hayate.
If She doesn't then Writer should create a better Boy for her.
Now, Fairy tail
Have you read the latest chapter ?
I wonder When Zeref gonna show up . I really doubt that he's evil.
I wonder if Natsu has any other Magic call ''Holy Magic'' Which might be opposite of Zeref Death Magic.
I mean, Natsu must have something that other Dragon slayer doesn't which is why Zeref has such a big hope for him.
Some say Zeref can see future where Natsu killed him.
Natsu does knock other people down but he doesn't kill people so I find it hard to believe that Natsu gonna kill Zeref.
I wonder if Natsu met Zeref before.
May be, Zeref is Natsu's real father huh.
Well, I hope Natsu reveal new power in Magic tournament So he can Shut those other 2 new Dragon Slayer down who got full of themself because Natsu wasn't around for 7 year.
I mean, Even the Great Zeref & Gilbert is scare of Acnologia but they think they can kill that Dragon.

Oh wow, I remember seeing those badge order posts all over.
Waiting for Unova set so I can flaunt my 1337 to all my pokepals.

"AND I GOT THIS ONE FROM THE NACRENE GYM
WHAT, THE GYM? IT'S IN EASTERN PARKWAY YOU CAN'T MISS IT IT'S A FUCKING MUSEUM
I KNOW THAT'S WHERE THE BROOKLYN MUSEUM IS
GO TO THE BASEMENT IT'S LEGIT I SWEAR"

So. Birth control.

Birth control pills can suck it.

Seriously. First time trying it, and despite being told they're slow-acting medication, I was full-blown miserable by the second or third day and it hasn't let up until now (that I've decided to stop taking it). Sleeping patterns are all messed up (spent one day sleeping 12 hours, the next day unable to sleep at all hardly, and sporadic naps in the days following with difficulty sleeping at night after so long), cramping terribly, almost constant nausea, extreme depression and other highly erractic mood swings (including me bursting into tears during work yesterday for no real reason). On top of that I think I've been genuinely sick because my body temperature couldn't regulate itself at all and had constant chills while being awake and constant night sweats. But a lot of junk got out of my system this morning and after having lunch and NOT taking the pill, I feel a lot better now. No nausea, mood swings, or the chills.

My mom said birth control did nothing for her but make her miserable, so I had a feeling this stuff wouldn't work well for me. It might be impatient of me to say this treatment is useless since it's only been a little over a week, but I did some research and from several testimonies here plus a 5.6/10 rank points to many people having the same side-effects as me even if they've only been taking it for a short time (and many positive reviews mentioned the first 1-2 months being utter hell, too). For the record I'm only taking this stuff for menstrual purposes; I recently found out I've got an ovarian cyst that is likely the culprit in why my times of the month cripple me something terrible.

So yeah. It sure does make its presence known fast for a "slow-acting" medication. I'll probably give it another try after April when I become officially permanent at work (can't risk having this stuff affect my work performance, which it already has), but I'm not too terribly optimistic about this or any BC medication working out for me. My mom said despite the various different brands, in the end it's all effing estrogen and the only real difference is the dosage amount. And the brand I'm taking? It's the lowest dose and the cheapest of all brands.

But really, the effects I've dealt with the past week were overpowering and caused me to keep my social business anywhere on the 'net to a bare minimum because I really didn't feel like myself at all. Lacking the drive to do anything at all beyond what I HAVE to do in my life was really messed up, and I'd rather not go through with that again.

Seriously, high-grade pain medication worked just fine for me. Doctors are such jerks; why not give me something that I know for a FACT will work in doing what I want it to do instead of putting me on a several-month trial on a medication that has a who-knows-what effect on me, and so far it's only made my life worse and hasn't done any one thing it's meant to do.

What's really sad is that it took me this long to vent about this because I was too miserable to rant last week. That's a bad sign, huh? I'm usually quick to bitch about every inconvenience in my life. All I can do now is... rewatch the Kuvo/Topikal/Bandunk FFX LP. Misery loves company.

Poor thing. I hope you feel better soon, @Shinneth.

Anyway, I have been watching Phineas and Ferb non-stop for several days(When not working at the pharmacy or exercising) on Netflix since several hiatuses kept my favorite shows down. :(

Some parts of the show make me think the writers are on something...but it's usually fun as heck!

@Shinneth I actually thought I'd be as miserable as you are but was told by my doctor that there are so many different kinds of birth control now that side effects shouldn't even be a problem. I've been on mine for two weeks and don't have any problems other than occasional uncomfortable feelings in my abdomen, which is a given since the whole BC thing confuses the reproductive system. My doctor (who is very popular; she's always swamped with patients and everyone we've spoken to praised her) told me not to worry about weight gain nor anything else and pretty much just handed me the birth control right there (and wrote out a recipe for the pharmacists). I'm taking Beyaz, if you're curious. I really hope things work out for you soon with that stuff, though. I'd recommend trying different brands out if you're really dead-set on using the pill. The one you're using could just not be for you, even if it is low dose D: Have you been taking it at around the same time each day? I have heard that taking the pill at night could reduce nausea.

Last edited:
I was also on Beyaz for a while (my doctor at my university gave me enough refills only to last until I was finished with school >>) and it worked miracles. I had hardly any cramping, no backaches, headaches, or irritability (basically no PMDD) and my face was super clear. (Which makes me really wish I could find a female doctor around here that took Tricare so I could get back on it.) But I do remember that when I was a teen, my pediatrician gave me a low dose, cheap brand (Tri...something) which didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do much good either. It mostly just helped my acne a little. So I think trying something different would be a good idea, maybe you'll find some kind of pill that helps rather than makes you have PMDD x50. :(

Is It me or There someone else Who Wish's that Air Gear wasn't so ecchi ?
I mean, Air Gear Story is AWESOME, There wasn't any need to make it so Ecchi !
And Also That Do You think Beelzebub's Manga Art is way better the It's Anime Art ?
I mean, Oga Look so cool & handsome there I seriously doubted that if he & that Oga in Anime are the same guy !
I mean , I didn't find Aoi to be cute in anime but she's look great in Manga. Same goes with Hilda.
It's just that In anime all the character look so Macho there.

@CommanderPigg
Little SASUKE-KUN! KAWAII :D

Poor Kushina and Minato :-(

Naruto Shippuden 248... Definitely going to be one HELL of an episode. I am so glad Naruto is getting an hour special next week. THERE! I SAID IT

Last edited:
I love how my homework list for today involves shooping myself to oblivion, drawing lightbulbs, and pointing out the obvious.
Hooray!

Done watching Naruto, I'll watch today's BW episode later on.

Right now, working on sensors and Arduino interfacing, a lot of assignments for tomorrow. O_O

I am so glad Naruto is getting an hour special next week. THERE! I SAID IT
Oh, thanks for telling. I would've gotten up early for nothing next week XD 11:55am is early!

So who else absolutely hates February?

@CommanderPigg

tumblr_lsdoq78DIq1qbhmovo5_r1_250.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! jdghkldsjghskjdfghdfkjbgkgh AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAUCE-GAY KUN Y U SO CYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE???????? sjdkfhskdjfhksjhdl I COULD JUST DIE!!! ;_____;

Naruto Shippuden 248... Definitely going to be one HELL of an episode. I am so glad Naruto is getting an hour special next week. THERE! I SAID IT
YES!! And then, after this arc, I'll go into another 4 month hibernation with the series until something interesting happens again XD

IMO, Minato just has this sort of creepy rape face.
*shakes head in disappointment*
There are other times, Kara...other times...

And speaking of school, I slept in for the first time ever. Horrible experience, didn't get to print out my homework or anything. Now I just want to sulk in my room for the rest of the day.

@CommanderPigg

tumblr_lsdoq78DIq1qbhmovo5_r1_250.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! jdghkldsjghskjdfghdfkjbgkgh AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAUCE-GAY KUN Y U SO CYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE???????? sjdkfhskdjfhksjhdl I COULD JUST DIE!!! ;_____;

YES!! And then, after this arc, I'll go into another 4 month hibernation with the series until something interesting happens again XD

It was SOO CUTE when Kushina told Minato about her pregnancy, both of them kept on repeating "I am going to be a mother, ya know. A mother." "I am going to be a father! Imagine that. *hugs*"
It's just so so sad to see both of them together since we know what's gonna happen in the next episode. Welll.... There'll be tears in my eyes, that's for sure. Especially during Kushina's last words to Naruto. WHY? KISHIMOTO :bawl:

Belatedly thanking all the consolations for my BC troubles!

I may give it another try after April when I no longer have to worry about my job stability, but I've not taken the pill since Monday and I'm quite notably improving in my condition. Mood swings were quick to vanish, and other symptoms have been toned down big time... except for the fact that I'm still struggling with sleeping (I've woken up before 6:30 each day this week, which I've never naturally done) aaaaand just this morning I wound up with a period. Two and a half weeks before it should have come. I kinda anticipated it since my mom said missing a pill can cause that, but the way she talked I thought it'd happen a bit more quickly. 3 days, I was starting to think I dodged the bullet. But I think @Denton is right about the pill confusing your body, sort of tricking it into thinking a period needs to come and being troll about it. So essentially taking the pill brought out all of my PMS symptoms right after I had a period, intensified each symptom to unbearable levels, and all of that almost completely vanished the day I stopped taking the pill.

I'm suspecting my body's just outrageously sensitive to that kind of change and my hormones are already erractic and high-leveled without the pill, so adding extra estrogen into the equation might've only served to wreak chaos in my body, especially when its function is to troll your reproductive system (I can't believe I'm labeling medication as trollololls). If it's a relatively low dosage, I imagine higher ones would make me certifiably insane. And even with the wide variety of brands, like I said, they all share the common factor of estrogen. If the estrogen is doing nothing but causing problems, then BC in general probably isn't the right option for me, just as it wasn't right for my mom. But... I'll probably give it a second chance after a couple of months just to be sure. I'll probably limit testing other brands to a bare minimum since the price range has nowhere to go but up from what I've got now, and that's no fun.

What I'm worried about is my gynecologist being an asshole and putting me on and endless steam of BC brands to see what works, because I already know he's dead-set against just giving me a 2-week supply of narcotics - even though I already know they are extremely efficient in dulling out my pain, mentally evening me out, and giving me energy to get through the day. Yeah, sure, I know they can be addictive (I've seen what it's done to my parents), but at least they're enabling me to get through the day without having to suffer and they're doing so without trolling my hormones and creating/exaggerating symptoms that make me hate my life. And I've already tried virtually every single over-the-counter medication meant to deal with that specific pain/misery. Aspirin does its job, but the tradeoff makes me uncomfortable anyway. Everything else has either no notable effect or puts me to sleep. Excedrin, Pamprin, Midol, Advil, Tylenol, Naproxen, you name it. And I'm already prescribed an antidepressant plus Xanax, plus Ritalin. Vitamins don't do shit (maybe my diet is too bad for it to work?). So I've hit up nearly all the options I don't have to beg a doctor to get. But! I'm taking all the options into consideration and BC will be more viable to try when my life consequences aren't so risky.

But since I've been waking up earlier than I normally do, I get to wake up watching Captain Planet to start my day. Yeah. A wonderfully terrible start. Yesterday was the second part of the episode where Wheeler nearly screwed over the timeline because clearly some other American would be more than happy to take up his ring duties except oh wait no the rest of North America doesn't give a shit and the other Planeteers disbanded and grew up to be embittered middle-aged people who've lost all hope on an Earth time-skipped to like... close to our present day where every worst disaster possible hits the planet. I actually LOLed when middle-aged Ma-Ti brainwashed a dude with his Heart ring to make him spare some loose change.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom