• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

There will be something new for BDSP, every other remake has had at least one new thing going for them.

Imagine being excited for BDSP news.
I don't really see the need for this kind of remark. I can understand not caring for BD/SP, but plenty of other people do and have been eager for news. It just feels like an unnecessary jab or a condescending way to rain on other people's parade.

Devoting about half of the Presents runtime for each game would be pretty ideal, but also probably a bit too optimistic. I think that they'll have more focus on BD/SP though. It is coming out sooner and they'll have a bit more time to promote Legends by comparison. Legends will have more new content than BD/SP, but I still suspect that there will be some new content and features in BD/SP as well.

Imagine being excited for BDSP news.

I'm excited! I'm looking forward to seeing more footage, getting a proper look at the graphical improvements, and perhaps even being able to figure out what will be in the Sinnoh Pokedex.

When it comes to whether or not we can expect anything new to be talked about regarding BDSP, I think we need to each set up our own lists regarding what we can reasonably expect, what our realistic hopes are regarding news, and things we don't really expect to be talked about but we wish to be mentioned and/or are present in the games themselves.

Expectations:
  • What exactly are the quality of life features for these games?
  • What will become of features like the Global Terminal and WiFi Plaza, especially given that the functions of the former have been taken by Pokémon HOME?
  • How will ILCA adapt the hardware related features such as the Pokétch, if at all?

Realistic Hopes:
  • What changes will be made to Super Contests and the Sinnoh Underground, if any?
  • How much Platinum content will carry over into BDSP?
  • What are the connections between BDSP and Legends: Arceus, feature-wise or lore-wise (the latter won't have much more than a (de-)confirmation, but confirmation of a connection would still be nice).
  • A new Mythical Pokémon reveal.

Unrealistic Hopes:
  • We get information on how much post-game activities carry over into these games (swarms, Battle Tower or the entire Battle Frontier, if we get a Distortion World post-game, etc.). Worst case scenario: they end up cutting the whole post game either due to Dexit or because they feel it would take away from Legends: Arceus.
  • Whether we have access to the Mythical events and locations the Gen 4 games had or if we get stuck with another boring, immersion-breaking internet/code distribution method.
  • How will Manaphy be handled given the Ranger games are out-of-print?
  • Will we have new Mega Evolutions, Regional Variants, or anything similar in BDSP?
  • Are there less Pokémon available in these games compared to the original DPPt due to Dexit? This will most likely impact the decisions of a lot of returning consumers (regardless of whether or not they happen to be the majority).
  • Basically, give us an indication about anything other than quality of life features, a Mythical Pokémon, and an easier version of the Sinnoh games that don't even have as much content as DPPt did. One Mythical and quality of life features aren't worth $60.
It's sad that the last bullet under "Unrealistic Hopes" is even there, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

Last edited:
So the news drought shall end soon... You all know what that means:

NewsDrizzleMeme.jpg

When it comes to whether or not we can expect anything new to be talked about regarding BDSP, I think we need to each set up our own lists regarding what we can reasonably expect, what our realistic hopes are regarding news, and things we don't really expect to be talked about but we wish to be mentioned and/or are present in the games themselves.

Expectations:
  • What exactly are the quality of life features for these games?
  • What will become of features like the Global Terminal and WiFi Plaza, especially given that the functions of the former have been taken by Pokémon HOME?
  • How will ICLA adapt the hardware related features such as the Pokétch, if at all?

Realistic Hopes:
  • What changes will be made to Super Contests and the Sinnoh Underground, if any?
  • How much Platinum content will carry over into BDSP?
  • What are the connections between BDSP and Legends: Arceus, feature-wise or lore-wise (the latter won't have much more than a (de-)confirmation, but confirmation of a connection would still be nice).
  • A new Mythical Pokémon reveal.

Unrealistic Hopes:
  • We get information on how much post-game activities carry over into these games (swarms, Battle Tower or the entire Battle Frontier, if we get a Distortion World post-game, etc.). Worst case scenario: they end up cutting the whole post game either due to Dexit or because they feel it would take away from Legends: Arceus.
  • Whether we have access to the Mythical events and locations the Gen 4 games had or if we get stuck with another boring, immersion-breaking internet/code distribution method.
  • How will Manaphy be handled given the Ranger games are out-of-print?
  • Will we have new Mega Evolutions, Regional Variants, or anything similar in BDSP?
  • Are there less Pokémon available in these games compared to the original DPPt due to Dexit? This will most likely impact the decisions of a lot of returning consumers (regardless of whether or not they happen to be the majority).
  • Basically, give us an indication about anything other than quality of life features, a Mythical Pokémon, and an easier version of the Sinnoh games that don't even have as much content as DPPt did. One Mythical and quality of life features aren't worth $60.
It's sad that the last bullet under "Unrealistic Hopes" is even there, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high.
Unrealistic hope: Rangers remake to come out the same month for the manaphy distribution...or PMD: sky remake because I'd lose my mind.

Anyway your hope kind of sum up what we can expect. I would like to know if the marsh has been changed like the safari zone in oras was.

I find it a little strange that the initial trailer ended by zooming onto the Dialkia statue. It's even stranger that they already have ILCA's version of the artwork for Dialga and Palkia on their site the same day the trailer came out.

Ignoring anyone trying to shoot down this speculation, I think this points to a fusion of some kind. Fusions that require trading with another version have already technically happened: If you wanted to use a White Kyurem in Black 2 for example, you would need to trade in a Reshiram, the same thing if you wanted to use a Dawn Wings Necrozma in Ultra Sun requiring to trade in a Lunala (unless you happen to also have an Alola game with a catchable Lunala and deposit it into Pokemon Bank then transfer said Lunala into Ultra Sun).

Last edited:
I expect that the first few minutes of the Pokemon Presents will just reiterate info that we already knew, but I'm hoping for confirmation about which Pokedex these games will be using just so that we can get that burning question out of the way for good. I'm also hoping for footage of some new feature or quest that will make up for the basic overworld graphics and hopefully reinvigorate my interest in these games.

I'm guessing the reason they wanted to keep this behind is because they really wanted to focus on promoting UNITE. Which is unfortunate, because UNITE feels like a pay-to-win cash grab based on the reviews I watched.
Has there really been that much promotion for Unite though? They obviously didn't ignore it when it launched last month, but it didn't seem like they put that much priority on the game either. Plus, they're able to promote different projects and events at the same time, so I don't really see why they'd put more priority on another mobile game over main series titles.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom