• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I doubt it would be released here, but I really hope the Darkrai/Cresselia story is part of the main game play and not just Cresselia.

As for today, I’d like to see a bit more game play featuring a couple of gym leaders and Cynthia, introduction of a new character, confirmation of the platinum dex and the QoL features that make it more appealing than just replaying DPP.

Someone on Reddit has noticed that the tags for the Presents video also include Masters, Cafe Mix and GO. Should we be worried?

kyvqlz1nf0i71.png

It's almost as if they are tagging almost everything that is active at this moment.

Yeah, it doesn't necessarily mean they will be covering those games. If they do, I really hope it's just for five minutes at the end.

Edit: Joe Merrick seems to think they will be covering the mobile games. I should have known, really - 15 minutes would have been rather a long time to devote to one game! As long as we see plenty of new footage from both Sinnoh games I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I've noticed that during the Cyrus battle it looks like you're in space. Wondering if this just aestetics or if this is how the Distrtion World looks now.

I've noticed that during the Cyrus battle it looks like you're in space. Wondering if this just aestetics or if this is how the Distrtion World looks now.
That's probably just a standard background for Team Galactic battle. It was used in the Grunt battle scenes too.

Shoot, I'm impressed. The overworld and chibis really do look a whole lot better to me.

Honestly did not see any form of customization coming at all, but it looks cool, even if it is Let's Go's limited customization. Also seeing Pokemon in the overworld at least sometimes is cool. The Underground stuff looks cool. I just want my dang Houndoom though, I hope it's not locked to that and difficult as heck to get.

Still trying to wrap my head around everything, so I'll talk about BDSP for now.

The games look so much better now. I did get used to how they looked before. The style is kinda cute and toy luck and fun, but now it looks a lot better, and I'm honestly genuinely excited for now. I'll definitely be preordering this one now. I hadn't been so sure about getting this game day 1 before, but it doesn't look like it will disappoint.

Also like, super surprised trainer customization is making an appearance in these games. I was honestly not expecting it but it's a welcome surprise for sure! Especially after the player character designs didn't get a refresh.

BDSP look absolutely beautiful with the graphical updates! Plus following Pokemon, trainer customisation and improvements to the Underground too?! I was already looking forward to the game but this is so much more than I'd hoped for.

OMG! They did exactly what I wanted with the Underground!

I said a while back that adding wild Pokemon to the Underground would make it more interesting - but I never thought they'd actually do it! This is so exciting.

Archie, Maxie and Lysandre had special backgrounds in their final battles in Gen 6, so it could just be something like that. But it looks really cool all the same!

OMG, I'm SO glad we're getting some form of Trainer Customization even if it won't be as in-depth as SwSh's, because I feel that was a pretty big disappointment with ORAS after XY had already introduced it (especially with the Secret Bases) and I wouldn't have been surprised if it didn't make it into these games given how it wasn't in the originals.

Glad the Underground is getting a revamp too, and will now almost be like a Wild Area! Curious to see if the Secret Bases stuff returns in the same way with furniture & flags to capture, or if it serves more as just a means to influence what Pokemon you can encounter via the statues.

And finally, you can have your Pokemon follow you - yes yes YES!!!

Still not the biggest fan of the chibi style, and wasn't really expecting much from this game compared to Legends...but I'm now super pumped for it!

Customization is back, that's great.

New mechanics to the underground, great as well.

The models look fine.

I'm not entirely sold yet but it seems to be heading in a promising direction.

Also like, super surprised trainer customization is making an appearance in these games. I was honestly not expecting it but it's a welcome surprise for sure! Especially after the player character designs didn't get a refresh.

I hope Dawn and Lucas' Platinum outfits are available, that would be really cool.

At least I'm happy that BDSP (and PLA) will be linked to HOME sometime next year. The Underground looks promising. The only thing I'm concerned is that it's more LGPE than HGSS/ORAS in regards to what Pokémon are programmed into the game (mainly given how everyone is asking for Greninja and Vivillon in HOME). But PLA might counter that, in some ways.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom