• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Just look how beautiful this game is!

Screenshot (92).png

Still not a fan of the choice to do a chibi overworld, but the in battle graphics look significantly improved to me. Much more satisfied with this. Also woohoo following Pokémon and customization.

No Mega's revealed though, so its doubtful they are in the game.

Oh, I dunno. There's still two-and-a-half months to go, so potentially two more trailers. I'm reading the page about Super Contests now and it talks about accumulating "Hype Points" - wouldn't Mega Evolution be a good way to do that, much like how it was used in ORAS's Contests?

I mean I definitely don't think there will be any new Megas. But I still think it's possible we could see the existing ones. LGPE didn't reveal the inclusion of Megas right away, either.

Oh, I dunno. There's still two-and-a-half months to go, so potentially two more trailers. I'm reading the page about Super Contests now and it talks about accumulating "Hype Points" - wouldn't Mega Evolution be a good way to do that, much like how it was used in ORAS's Contests?

I mean I definitely don't think there will be any new Megas. But I still think it's possible we could see the existing ones. LGPE didn't reveal the inclusion of Megas right away, either.

Considering they revealed Ranked Battles still to be a thing for SWSH and not for BDSP and LA, this for me says Mega's aren't in the game and that Dynamax is still the big feature.

Yep, not much different but there do seem to be some new things:

-Platinum Dex Pokemon were shown off pretty heavily. This implies the Platinum Dex is in.
-Pokemon Hideaways. Doesn't seem to add new Pokemon but it does show some rarer Pokemon that were harder to get such as Munchlax and Houndoom.
-Following Pokemon and customization in.

Big thing I wish they had shown off was what would happen to HMs? That's still a huge question mark. I hope they overhauled it.

Overall probably closer to a 1:1 remake as expected, but it's not 100% the same thankfully.

Considering they revealed Ranked Battles still to be a thing for SWSH and not for BDSP and LA, this for me says Mega's aren't in the game and that Dynamax is still the big feature.

Sure, but by similar reasoning, one could argue that since SwSh are going to continue as the competitive base, then whatever happens in a fun little remake with its own closed ecosystem isn't going to take away from Dynamax.

Direct confirmed it for me that these games are not just faithful remakes but still add some content. It's not like in ORAS where it added quite some stuff but lacked in some other departments, but rather the HGSS take of having not that much new content but the game being more "complete".

We still have three months left and probably two more trailer at least. Hopefully the October one is a Giratina post game story and the former one in September can have a couple of more features.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom