• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Cast Away (Start-up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Bones

It's alive!
Reaction score
You wake up to the sounds of a merciful ocean brushing against the golden shore, the tide barely licking at your feet. You’re lying on a bed of coarse sand. You sit up and look around with weary eyes. You see several Pokémon from the plane, but have a hard time remembering who they are. In fact, all you can remember is that you were enjoying a ride in a luxurious double-decker jumbo jet, eating a warm meal and sipping berry cider. As you stare out into the ocean, still dazed, you remember that you and your trainer, as well as other Pokémon and their trainers, were headed to a prestigious Pokémon competition somewhere far away. You’re still confused, but you manage to stand up and brush yourself off, silently trying to piece things together, trying to make sense of things.

You finally turn around, and you are left even more devoid of words. Standing in front of you is a vast expanse of the most beautiful vegetation and mountain land you’ve ever seen. The trees are tall and green. The berries are ripe and colorful. The mountains stretch high and jut out for fabulous views. The shore stretches from end to end beyond what your eyes can see, and the dense foliage hides what lies ahead.

It’s not long before your mind catches up to you, and you begin to wonder.

Am I dreaming? Did we… crash??? How did we survive? How did I survive? But your next thought shatters the mysterious bliss. How… How do I get back home?

----

All of the bios are now posted here.

King Sands (Pale Bones)
Name: King Sands
Species: Poliwrath
Owner: N/A
Appearance: He wears a crown made from the roots of the indigenous plants. A red handprint stretches across the spiral on his belly. His arms are muscular and covered bandages, soaked red by recent wounds.
Personality: He speaks loudly and commandingly, perhaps taking too much advantage of being king, even if no one dares to oppose him. He looks out for his people and has no problem confronting a threat one on one, and he will do anything for his tribe. When not surrounded by his fellow tribe members, save perhaps for his friends, he loves to loosen up and enjoy the beautiful island, but he knows he must keep his position as the tribes diligent and dedicated leader.
History: It’s not sure how this relatively young Pokémon became king of the second largest tribe on the island, but his demanding voice, sharp wit, and leader-like personality makes it clear how he managed to keep his status. He was born on the island and was once a member of the Arid Tribe of the desert, but was banished for stealing from the leader, forced to leave his family at a very young age.
Salvaged Item: N/A
Place/rank in the tribe: King/leader
Other: None
Lavender (Pale Bones)
Name: Lavender
Species: Haunter
Owner: Coordinator
b Lavender looks like a typical haunter, distinctive, almost-black purple skin with a beaming smile and bright eyes.
Personality: Lavender is very laid back, hard to worry and even harder to disappoint. He’s a Pokémon that, although he’s had it all, he’ll be satisfied with just about anything. He’s friendly, but takes great offense to comments inferring that trainers are better or stronger in any way than coordinators, and he will gladly defend his owner’s profession.
History: Named after the town in which he was caught, Lavender was raised by a young coordinator who wanted nothing more than to pursue her dreams with her Pokémon, but she just happened to be the heiress to a hugely wealthy Pokémon food company. He’s traveled the world with his trainer, and he’s taken great pride in competing in contests under her guidance.
Salvaged Item: A Hearthome City contest ribbon.
Place/rank in the tribe: N/A
Rocky (Aura Sphere)
Name: Rocky
Species: Arcanine
Owner: Trainer
Appearance: Rocky is slightly bigger than the average Arcanine. The only other unique feature is that Rocky wears a light green scanning visor over one eye that helps him in battle.
Personality: Rocky has always been pampered and takes this for granted. Rocky is very spoiled because of this, and his temper will flare if things aren't going perfectly. Also, being a crucial member of his elite trainer's team, he is extremely overconfident in his abilities as a fighter. Rocky will also never back down from a challenge, no matter what the odds of winning are. Rocky is also fiercely loyal to his trainer, and will execute his commands no matter what.
History: Rocky was purchased from a breeder at a young age by the parents of his future trainer. They grew up together from when his trainer was only seven, and Rocky was his starter Pokemon when his trainer started his journey in the Hoenn region.

Three years later, Rocky's trainer won the Ever Grande Conference and Rocky scored the final knockout of the tournament, which is his proudest moment.
Salvaged Item: Scope Lens (the light green scanner from above)
Other: N/A
Kitsune (Edo-kun)
Name: Kitsune (aka 'Kit')
Species: Ninetales
Appearance: Shiny and particularly elegant-looking, but no other outstanding physical features
Personality: Kit is by no means afraid to speak her mind, and doesn't hesitate to let someone know her opinion about them. She has a bit of an inferiority complex, however, which paradoxically leads her to act as though she has a superiority complex in order to mask it. She is a master of deception and sarcasm, and it's never clear if what comes out of her mouth is actually what she means.

However, she is staunchly loyal to anyone who manages to befriend her, and can reveal herself to be quite compassionate, and a good listener. She has particularly strong mothering instincts, and will never hesitate to protect a cub.
History: Kit's trainer was a young girl named Amber, who's hometown was Cherrygrove City, Jhoto. Amber's mother's second marriage was to the CEO of Silph Co., and therefore, was very wealthy. Amber made a name for herself as a Coordinator on her journey, which she left for just after her mother's marriage. Kit has traveled extensively with Amber, and has always been highly admired for her elegant looks and alternate coloring. She's been spoiled, but has tried not to let it affect her too much.
Salvaged Item: a small drawstring pouch, with contains the Fire Stone that Amber used to evolve her.
Other: knows Will-O-Whisp, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power (Electric); always excelled in the appeal rounds of contests, rather than the battle rounds.
Set (Edo-kun)
Name: Set
Species: Houndoom
Appearance: An ordinary-looking Houndoom
Personality: Set is named after the Egyptian god who was brother to and opposed the Lord of the Dead Osiris, and has earned that name. He is often very cynical and pessimistic, and has few qualms about harming others in order to achieve a goal. He's a bit of a loner, though he's especially attached to Kit. He has a soft spot for her, and she knows it. He's very practical, and tries not to let emotions get in the way of a sound or efficient decision.
History: Set had been on Amber's team almost as long as Kit has, and the two have grown very close. He doesn't like talking about his past before his capture, and not much is known about it. It is suspected that he lost someone dear to him, though, as he can sometimes be found staring off with a glazed look in his eyes and occasionally sighing.
Other: knows Sucker Punch, Flamethrower, Hidden Power (Fighting), Shadow Ball; excelled in the battle rounds of contests, rather than appeals.
Maydrianna (Zephy.Changes)
Name: Maydrianna (Maydri)
Species: Rattata
Owner: Trainers (2)
Appearance: Maydrianna is shiny and wears a blue ribbon around her tail.
Personality: Maydri is very lazy. She is also quite sarcastic. Her most redeeming qualities are her attention to detail and honesty. Maydri doesn't know much about the outside world she usually gets by due to sheer luck.
History: Her trainers were spoiled twins Ann and Ace. They both aspired to be master Pokémon trainers but very rarely actually trained Maydrianna. She has lived her whole life by the sea as her owners lived in the Grand Lake Hotel. She would spend days on a pillow by the beach and would get up occasionally to run around. Despite being lazy she is very fast when she needs to be.
Lady (Gastlys Mama)
Name: Lady
Species: Persian
Owner: Co-ordinator
Appearance: Lady's owner always loved to dress her up, being an extremely eager co-ordinator and when she ended up on the island, it just so happened that she was wearing four gold bracelets, one around each of her ankles. She has an extremely shiny coat (not as in alternate coloured, just glossy), which is covered in blue Beauty ribbons.
History: Lady has won many Beauty contests around both Hoenn and Sinnoh. She was a prize in the Game Corner as a Meowth and that was how her trainer first got her. She was made to battle until she evolved and hasn't had a single battle since evolution.
Personality: Lady has an over inflated sense of her importance and refuses to battle or do physical labour unless it is absolutely necessary. Lady for some reason believes that she deserves to have people, or if people are not present other Pokemon, to do things for her so she doesn't have to lift a finger.
Salvaged Item: Her own Luxury Ball, which she is able to operate by herself, meaning that she can flee into it at any time and have a comfy nap.
Moses (Gastlys Mama)
Name: Moses
Species: Murkrow
Appearance: Moses often wears his hat down to cover his eyes, one of which he has a scar across and is blind in it.
Personality: Moses is extremely sneaky and smooth talking. He is underhand and likes to play people off against each other, he will never openly oppose someone as he is a very weak battler and is frankly scared of confrontation.
History: (If this history is too much, I can change it completely, just give the word!) Moses has been part of the Treetop tribe longer than anyone else, but his position in respect to the leader has never been clear, he has always implied that he is somehow the man behind the curtain, but has never gone against anything King Sands or any previous leader has ever said and has never made any moves against the leaders.
Place/rank in the tribe: Moses' place in the tribe has never been particularly clear, but he doesn't take orders from anyone but the leader (though he always says he will).
Starry (The Objectionist)
Name: Starry
Species: Staravia
Owner: Breeder/Coordinator
Appearance: Starry has a normal Staravia's look, except for a few dark gray stripes on his sides.
Personality: Starry usually thinks about what will happen to him before he does something, but he usually doesn't do much to begin with. If found needed, or wanted by him, he will try to help. He hasn't done this much, either.
History: Starry was hatched from an egg, and was going to be trained by a trainer, but got taken by a breeder instead. Over time, unlike other Pokémon, Starry evolved into a Staravia. The breeder eventually started going to contests, which Starry liked, and were decent at. One day, they had won a contest and someone accidentally dropped a card, that turned out to be a winning lottery ticket.
Salvaged Item: A pokeball that Starry like to play with, but doesn't know how to use.
Other: Evolves over time instead of at once.
Kori (Infinity Mk-II)
Name: Kori
Species: Glaceon
Appearance: Two silver bracelets in her front left leg, a few half torn apart ribbons and a pendant.
Personality: Rather serious. She normally tries to remain calm, but can get pretty defiant and agressive. She has a rather dislike for people that are too arrogant, depsite she being arrogant herself...
History: She and her brother were taken by this extremelly rich coordinator some time ago. This coordinator basically hated her pokemon, and tried to make them look pretty just so she would win fame. She would try to beat up the opponents pokemon before the contests, and her own if they didn't win or if she just got tired of them. Note that she didn't hate it all and actually liked the luxurious life...
Salvaged Item: A pendant from the daughter of her owner.
Other: Mori is her older brother.
Mori (Infinity Mk-II)
Name: Mori
Species: Leafeon
Appearance: All sort of jewelry over him.
Personality: Happy and cheerful, though he has no will to fight and will try to do whatever he's told to. Also, even though he's the carefree one he is the one who makes sure Kori doesn't do anything stupid.
History: Similar to his sister, however, becouse of his behavior he didn't get in any trouble at all, and tried to make it so she didn't either.
Quagly (Maxwell)
Name: Quagly
Species: Quagsire
Appearance: Like a normal, male quagsire.
Personality: Like most of his species, Quagly is very easy going and relaxed. He's not the smartest Pokemon in the world, but he is kind-hearted and loyal.
History: Quagly was recently caught by his trainer, and didn't know him very well. But in the short amount of time he fought by his side they became fast friends, and Quagly is determined to find him.
Salvaged Item: None
Vidragon (Metagross72)
Name: Vidragon
Species: Vibrava
Appearance: Has blue wings, unlike other Vibrava.
Personality: Always tries to be positive.
History: Vidragon was a close friend to his trainer. Vidragon was found stuck in quicksand. His trainer later came to help him.

Last edited:
Lady looks around her desperately to find her Luxury Ball, to her pleasure, she quickly finds it. After this, Lady is surprisingly calm considering what has happened.

"Ok, everyone!" she announces, as loud as she can be bothered to talk, "Let's make it worth my while being out here, someone try to build a shelter or I'm going in my Ball."

Lavender scratched meaninglessly at the sand, still unable to believe what was going on. However, he was glad when he heard a voice from nearby. Don't threaten us with a good time... he thought, but didn't dare say it. He just looked up and smiled at the Persian.

"If you think shelter should be our first step, that sounds good to me."

"Well I guess the resort isn't as nice as advertised." commented Maydri sarcastically. Maydri felt bored. She yawned and laid down on the warm sand and closed her eyes ignoring the other Pokémon.

Lavender was determined to make the best of things... Or, at least, that's what he wanted the other to think. Truth be told, he was panicking.

He grabbed a handful of sand and tossed it at the lazy Rattata.

"C'mon! Wake up! We're all in this together, here!"

"Now gust! Wait..." I looked around to see I was on an island, and nowhere near the stage I was on in my dream. "Hello? Trainer? Anybody?" I stood there in my spot, but noticed my pokeball.

Lavender glared at Maydri out of the corner of his eye.

"Look who's talking..." he said, just loud enough for her to hear.

I heard some talking and turned around. Are those Pokemon... Contestants? Is this a new stage? Or am I really, really, stuck on an island? I AM covered in bruises... "Hello?" I yelled toward them. I grabbed the pokeball in my talons, and walked toward them.

Maydri sleepily opened her eyes.
"Your name is Lavender right?" she asked blearily.
"Fine, I'll go gather some fruit or something." Maydri grumbled before heading into the trees.

"Y-yes..." Lavender said, wondering how the Rattata knew his name, and he felt bad for not knowing her's. "Your name is..." he said, his voice trailing off as she walked into the forrest, hoping she didn't hear him.

He turned his attention to the wall of trees in front of him. "Should we, uh, go in after her?"

Last edited:
I was annoyed that I had nobody paying attention to me. I walked a bit closer. "Hello? Who are you and why am I here?"

Maydri turned around sharply.
"My name is Maydrianna. Call me Maydri though, I prefer it." she replied.
She then motioned towards the Staravia.
"What do they call you?" she semi-demanded.

OOC: Is the Objectionist Starry?

IC:

Lady sighed to herself, 'Finally, they're getting to work,' she thinks. Lady lies down lazily and says quietly to Starry (or whoever the Objectionist is), "If you want some attention you can come over here for a bit, I need some entertainment, this is frightfully uncomfortable - I shouldn't have to also be bored."

OOC: Yep. I think I'm going to put all of the bios into the first post, just to make it easy for everyone.

----

Lavender turned curiously to the angry voice coming from the shore. He turned around to see a Staravia. He was about to speak when the Rattata cut him off.

"You heard that, huh..." his voice trailed off again, "Maydri it is!" As Maydrianna walked back to the shore, Lavender turned back to the Staravia, curious.

"I'm Starry. might I know who all of you are, and where we are?" I looked at my pokeball, that was very scratched up.

Maydrianna started returning to the shore. Any excuse not to do work.
The warm sand felt nice under her feet. She looked around at the Pokémon that were on the airplane all looking vaguely familiar.

Lavender smiled smugly and rose into the air. He might not prefer the rich life, but he was egotistical.

"I am Lavender, champion of some of the greatest contests of the world, and the proud Pokemon Aila Silver." He sighed and dropped back down, "and if we knew where we were, we wouldn't be in such a rut."

"Rocky, Flare Blitz now!" Rocky charged up the powerful fire move and charged towards the opposing Scizor. Leaping in the air, he knocked the Scizor out of the sky and out of the match all together. "Scizor is unable to battle. Arcanine is the winner. Mike Samson wins the match!" Unfortunately for the proud Pokemon, he was not on a battlefield, he was sleeping in the sand.

"AHHHH!" Rocky was brought back to reality by a wave crashing onto his face. "I HATE WATER!" Rocky roared angrily and sprinted away from the advancing tide. "Alright, where am I? What is going on here? Where's Mike?" Rocky was beginning to panic, and it took him a few seconds to calm down and being thinking rationally. "I should see if there's anyone else here..." Rocky thought as he shook himself dry. Looking carefully through the green visor over his right eye, Rocky noticed a group of Pokemon off in the distance. "Maybe they know what is going on here..." He thought to himself as he walked towards them.

"All hail Lavender-the Arceus among Magikarp." sneered Maydri.
"My name is Maydrianna but call me Maydri s'il vous plait." she said introducing herself.
In Maydrianna's mind making friends was begging to be asked to do favors.
Maydri then laid belly-up on the ground.
She had had enough excitement for one day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom