• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Cast Away (Start-up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bloodthirsty Arcanine was stopped in the middle of its barbarous charge by the blunt end of a spear, rammed into his chest, flipping him backwards.

A glove like fist guided the spear, and a Poliwrath wearing a crown of roots walked out into the open, pointing the sharp end of the spear at the Arcanine's neck. Soon, two angry looking Breloom holding spears stood beside him, bizzare markings on their faces.

"Who might this pack of overzealous Pokemon belong to?" The Poliwrath said, stepping closer, "The Summit Tribe? Let's hope not... for their sake."

Rocky looked up at the spear tip that was currently pointed at his neck. He was very, very tempted to fight back. But the fact of the matter was that he was outnumbered, and there was a deadly weapon inches from his head. "Is that really necessary? You throw spears at us for no reason at all, and then when I justifiably get angry, you do this?" Rocky said angrily to the Poliwrath. Hoping to escape by playing off the pride of the other Pokemon, Rocky continued with a smirk on his face. "Oh I get it. You three are too scared to fight me one on one, so you use weapons, numbers and surprise. Although I shouldn't be surprised... After all, Poliwraths and Brelooms have always been known as weak Pokemon."

The Poliwrath was amused by the defiance of the Arcanine.

"You're close," he started, "but I'm afraid fear isn't the right word. Blasé, nonchalant, apathetic even. All of those would've worked." He eased in, his eyes locked with those of the Arcanine, the spear still in place. "But fear... fear dwells within the heart... and my heart belongs to the forest, not some ignorant Arcanine with a grudge." He eased the spear from under the Pokemon's neck and stood up.

"Now that we've made you more comfortable," he laughed, ignoring the Arcanine's final comment, "mind telling us who you're with... and what you're doing on my beach?"

Seeing that his first plan wasn't going to work, Rocky simply glared at his captor for a long moment. Finally giving up, he answered the Poliwrath's question. "Your beach? I didn't know you could own a beach. Anyways, I actually don't really know those other Pokemon. You see, I was on my way to an elite tournament with my trainer and we were on a plane, and the plane crashed on this island. So that's why I'm here. And now I get to ask you a question. Why do you greet guests so harshly? You know you could have just asked us why we were there."

A plane... the Poliwrath wondered. He'd heard legends of the contraption before. It was supposed to be like a giant Skarmory, but controlled by other Pokemon. He was confused, but pressed on.

"So you are from... a distant land?" he looked out into the ocean, wondering how there could possibly be a world beyond theirs. He turned back to the Arcanine. "And to answer your question... we can afford to show courtesy to strangers. I know each and every one of my friends and family personally... when I did not recognize you, it could've only meant one thing..."

Maydri listened in silence.
She thought the Poliwrath was a nutcase who had been away from normal society for too long.
Instead of butting in she let the expression on her face show exactly how she felt.

"Oh, for Arceus' sake..." Kit muttered, stepping forward between the Arcanine and the Poliwrath, bowing slightly toward the latter. "Forgive him, sir. He appears to be a bit of an idiot, and also appears not to posess any social skills. We are but castaways -- we do not mean to intrude upon your lands, but do so because we have no choice. The winds and waves decreed that we wash up upon your shores, and who are we to question them? We mean no harm to you or your people." she added, emphasizing the last sentence with a pointed look at the Arcanine.

Set grumbled and growled under his breath, not liking this new turn of events. Still, Kit had a knack for being able to talk her way out of almost anything. If anyone could calm the Poliwrath down, and convince him to leave them alone, it was her.

The Poliwrath was surprised by the Ninetales. He didn't expect to find anyone polite or respectful in this bunch on the shore. He particularly liked her respect for the natural order of the wind and the waves.

"You're right," he said, straightening himself up, trying to emphasize his dignity, "you must not have come upon our island accidentally, and we can only respect you and your... friends." He bowed, more to the Ninetales than to anyone else. "We welcome you..." he struggled to continue, but gave in, "and we appologize for our less than comfortable introduction."

I eased my stance. Okay, not gonna get attacked by a Poliwrath. Good. I tried to keep myself from intimidating them. "Just to ask, who else is on this island other than us and your tribe that could've been intruding?" If I was going to get away from this place, I needed to get information about it.

The Poliwrath turned his attention to the Staravia, who was harboring a slight glare in his eyes. The King stood up, gave the Ninetales a friendly nod, and walked toward Starry.

"There are several tribes on this island... all living in their own regions, happily and harmoniously working together to keep the island functioning." He stopped walking and looked to the pinnacle of the highest mountain on the Island. "But the Summit Tribe of the Mountains wants nothing more than to destory that harmony." He looked back down. "So, you can understand why we reacted the way we did, can't you?"

I hesitated. Yeah... "Yes. That is understandable." This is... Annoying, having to be uptight when speaking to this guy, the king of that tribe or something...

The Poliwrath was growing irritated with the Staravia, but before he could react one of the Breloom ran over to him and whispered something in his ear. Even if the castaways had managed to hear them, they wouldn't have been able to understand the strange tribal language. The King said nothing, but nodded to the Breloom, who scurried back to its position.

"Seeing that you're not enemies," he said, gesturing toward the forest, "why don't we welcome our new guests to the island with a feast?"

"We would be honored, sir." Kit replied, bowing her head. Set grumbled slightly again.

'This could be a trap...' he thought. 'But I don't see what other choice we have...'

"One last thing, though... Why do the summit tribe want to do that...?" The Leafeon asked, curious. He was frightened by the spears a while ago, but now saw them very friendly and would follow them blindly.

Meanwhile, the Glaceon was distant enough to hear them, but not be involved with the events. She wasn't paying much attention to the conversation anyway, just staring into the island. From the forest to the mountains. Now that they knew there were other pokemon in here, she had an urge to go explore it all alone, maybe there was some way to get out, or maybe even find out why did they crash in the first place.
But that'd be too dangerous. It was better to just follow the rest, for now.

Maydri may be a a brat but she had class.
She recognized by then that the Poliwrath was a ruler of some sort.
"My name is Maydrianna. Pleased to meet you." she said and bowed deeply.

King Sands laughed and held out a hand to the Rattata. "No need to bow," he said kindly, "The forest is our king, the sea is our queen, the air we breath is law. I am merely a servant."

The king was glad to hear the enthusiasm from the Ninetales, but in truth did not want some of the others to set foot in his forest, especially the Arcanine. He turned and started walking back into the forest, but was stopped by a question, a voice he'd never heard before. He turned to see it was a timid Leafeon. The history of violence by the Summit Tribe was long, unfortunate, and was painful to remember.

"There are some Pokemon who just don't have a concience... And there are some who have convinced theirs that sin is just, that vengeance is righteous. Then... there are some who just can't get over a grude, despite their concience." Without saying any more, the King beckoned the group and started walking into the forest, the two Breloom guards following close behind.

I said nothing. I stared at our surroundings. The trees and bushes, it's all enchanting me. All the woodland on sides of citys, and fake stages, combined, they would never stand up to this... Feeling. I've never been in a real forest...

Kit and Set followed the Poliwrath into the woods. Set was still slightly suspicious, but that was just his nature. He knew at least they were in better shape now, thanks to Kit, than they were when the Poliwrath had first appeared. It would also be good to have an ally, and against his better judgement, he was intrigued by the Poliwrath's description of this Summit tribe's pokemon. 'Keep it rational...don't get sucked in, blindly following and believing his story. For all we know, these pokemon are the ones making the trouble around the island.'

"You claim you are not a king, and yet you seem to rule these Breloom with you. You call your allies 'your people.' You even wear a crown." he said, voice even as though he were simply making an observation. "That seems like the behavior of a king to me. You haven't even told us how to address you."

"Set is right. What's your name?" said Maydri casually to the Poliwrath.
Before he got a chance to answer though she poked Starry on the shoulder and whispered "I see dead people." That was of course only to snap him out of looking at the scenery. He was trailing behind the group.

King Sands slowed down his walking pace. He understood their suspicion.

"The Pokemon of the forest need someone to believe in..." He spoke as though he was remembering centuries worth of history, "they need to manifest their hope into one being, a single identity that can bring them together. Otherwise... they feel they are nothing more than an unlucky Pokemon in the middle of nowhere, on an island apart from everything else this beautiful world has to offer.

"At a young age, I shouldered that responsibility, I was burdened this honor. To them, I can be nothing less than a king... but to everyone else, I too am just another one of the Pokemon who calls the last secret place on the planet his home." He stopped walkikng and looked back slightly. "Therefore, you can address me simply as King Sands. But by no means should you see me as your ruler." He started walking again, hoping they'd understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom