• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Christmas Mafia ~ ENDGAME (Town and Indep Victory!) ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon Christmas Mafia ~ Night 0 / Role Confirmations ~ 4/12/2013

Got

If you still need another sub I'd like to offer my name : D

Confirmed!

Confirmed!

oie_K8pDawA6LZXw_zps0271a550.png

Day 1 - Operation Christmas

A meeting was called to gather up all the children in the area who wanted to take part in the effort to return Santa to his senses. The leader of the group stepped forth, his eyes filled with determination as they darted around the room, carefully scanning the crowd before him.

“All right everyone, if we want a proper Christmas, it looks like we’re gonna have to fight for it.”

“Sounds like my kinda thing!” interjected the sole Bug-type Pokémon present. “Who do I get to Bug Bite first?”

The leader gave him a quick, disapproving glance. “We’re going to try to avoid a literal fight, at least for now. After all, I have a feeling that might prove Santa’s point of us all being naughty even more.” At those words, the Sewaddle frowned in disappointment. “But…” added the leader with a slight grin, “If it comes to the point where a battle is necessary, we know who to call.”

Clearing his throat, he gave his final piece of advice to the assembled team. “Everyone, keep your eyes open for any strange behavior! You never know who might’ve been tempted by Santa! The appeal of candy and presents and who-knows-what else may have been used for bribery, so stay alert!”

Some in the group shifted uncomfortably, fearing that their secret allegiance would be discovered. Just gotta play it cool, stay calm, they thought. Stay calm… and try not to be too angry that Santa had offered them no such candy or presents when they decided to join him.

It is now Day 1. You may begin voting. This phase will end on December 8 at 10:00 PM (GMT-5).

Re: Pokemon Christmas Mafia ~ Day 1 - Operation Christmas ~ 6/12/2013

VOTE: Flaze

Flaze implies fire... and I'm sure we'd like our Christmas to have lots of snow!

Vote: Zima

I have a love-hate relationship with Winter.

Unvote: Zima

Never mind that.

Honestly, I think I'll wait for more to happen before I place my vote.

VOTE: No Lynch

Just like Zima said, I need to see more information before I vote.

Why are you using my avatar?

I'll just assume the above is a placeholder.

Pokemon Christmas Mafia ~ Day 1 - Operation Christmas ~ 6/12/2013

Why are you using my avatar?

I'll just assume the above is a placeholder.

Akromatic gave me the idea.

Also, what does the word "placeholder" mean?
MAJOR NOOB OVER HERE.

Hm... This game is moderately large, so a first day lynch is both safer and riskier, as conflicting as that is.

It's just a matter of preference, really. Both have seemingly equal pros and cons.

As a more careful player, I prefer to not lynch. However, if there's enough information given about a person on day one, I'll lynch.

I agree that we shouldn't recklessly lynch someone but then what should we do day 1 to gain some information?

VOTE: Flaze

Flaze implies fire... and I'm sure we'd like our Christmas to have lots of snow!

You just wanna lynch me cause we're theming the same character :p

But anyways, I agree with Zima in that I'd rather wait till there's actually something to go on, I mean we can't go lynching randomly from the start.

@WiiWill; A placeholder is a vote that you've only put in and would only change until something comes up that makes you want to change it.

You just wanna lynch me cause we're theming the same character :p

Maybe... or maybe to get this game on. Once a lynch happens, no matter the alignment, the game starts picking up and people talk privately, form alliances, and help each other. It gets players interested, and thus get their brain to think hard and do stuff instead of sitting and waiting for things to actually happen and evidence to come like three players have already claimed. There's hardly anything to think about now, but we can get thinks to think about by causing lynches. Lynches help stir up more theories and possibilities that gets players to think, and once players think, actual results on Mafia can be achieved. This same principle can be applied to life too, if you don't study or put an actual effort you will never achieve anything. And no, it's not causing a lynch for the sake of lynching somebody, it's causing a lynch for the sake of information and to take the game into a direction, and a direction is better than no direction.

UNVOTE: Flaze
VOTE: Neon Borealis

What do you think?

Ahem. I'm down for making things interesting at the very start of the day. More info comes outta that than if everyone just kinda lies there waiting for the Mafia's kill.

Vote: Neon Borealis

Some added pressure.

@Neon Borealis; why shouldn't we lynch you?

No lynches are risky but the game stagnates for a long time without one.

I agree fully with HumanDawn so

Vote: Neon Borealis

Subject to change. If nothing else it will encourage some activity from the quiet ones.

It has already been proven that a nl on Day1 doesn't give us information. Waiting for a night kill doesn't give us information either since mafia could easily just pick someone who's quiet. We can't guarantee a night phase would always give us something to discuss. I'm in favor for a lynch on Day1

However, I'm going to wait since not everyone has spoken yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom