• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I thought that Kiawe's Charizard had not actually appear physically, nor on the group photo taken by Rotom Pokédex, nor in the flashback, but was written out of script in the Journeys series episode, That New Old Gang of Mine! Why? This was because its second and final Japanese-language voice actor Toru Sakurai decided to leave the Pokémon main TV anime voice cast without any of his replacements found available at all if he's too busy with his other non-Pokémon voice roles that he would prefer instead. That's all.:)

Not sure how I feel about that as I loved Buneary's crush on Pikachu, hope we see that at least as we only saw it briefly back in BW
Tbh Buneary was one of the few Pokemon who I could've went either way on evolving or not

Like it'd be cool if it did but I didn't care if it stayed as is

Only other one who comes to mind is Buizel

Tbh Buneary was one of the few Pokemon who I could've went either way on evolving or not

Like it'd be cool if it did but I didn't care if it stayed as is

Only other one who comes to mind is Buizel
I'm just surprised Buneary never showed signs of evolving, due to her evolution being based on happiness. Probably had to stay that way for marketability.

I don't know if we'll even see any of Dawn's other pokemon given none of the magazine scans or previews show them

hope we see that at least as we only saw it briefly back in BW
Wouldn't get your hopes up, considering how badly Journeys handles pokemon. Dawn’s pokemon, let alone Buneary, probably won't even appear at all. Even if she does, I wouldn't be surprised if they abandoned this dynamic entirely, because of how screwed up Pikachu's character is. What would Buneary be crushing on here?

That bad filler with Pikachu jealous over Riolu is from over a year ago, Pikachu never really acted like that again. It's best to forget that ep ever happened.

Goh getting Shinx in the 2-parter.

Also that Prinplup is interesting, since that means Either Dawns or Alternate Dawns Piplup evolves.
No way in hell is Dawn's Piplup ever gonna evolve after there being an entire episode focusing on how it didn't want to (plus it still has an Everstone remember)

It could be Alternate Dawn's tho

Goh getting Shinx in the 2-parter.

Also that Prinplup is interesting, since that means Either Dawns or Alternate Dawns Piplup evolves.
Dawn's Piplup definitely isn't going to evolve. It's way too popular, marketable and it wouldn't make sense for it to evolve after they devoted quite a bit of time to Piplup choosing not to evolve in DP. Alternate Dawn's Piplup evolving sounds more plausible and could be interesting as a way to make her, or at least her Piplup, more distinct from Dawn.

I'm just surprised Buneary never showed signs of evolving, due to her evolution being based on happiness. Probably had to stay that way for marketability.
Buneary didn't get much attention despite being Dawn's first Pokemon. It didn't even learn a fourth move. They probably wanted to keep it cute and marketable, but the minimal amount of focus didn't help matters either.

That bad filler with Pikachu jealous over Riolu is from over a year ago, Pikachu never really acted like that again. It's best to forget that ep ever happened.
The series writers consider it one of Pikachu's defining moments of the saga where it acts like an "angel", so yeah…
And it acts weird when Ash doesn’t use it to battle Iris, too.

And it acts weird when Ash doesn’t use it to battle Iris, too
Pikachu just acts weird in general for me. His relationship with Ash doesn't feel like a "partners" dynamic, but rather a weird cross between "human and pet" and "parent and child". We don't see Pikachu supporting Ash during battles, chastising him for his stupid decisions, or even see the two do stupid things together. In previous sagas, there was always always sense that the two were equals. In XY, you'd have Ash repeatedly holding Pikachu back from doing something reckless and also have Pikachu snapping at Ash for doing stupid things. Not to mention how he rarely acts like an individual, his personality being dumbed down to a mini Ash and "cute".

I don't think I need to mention the lack of intriguing character dynamics. Does Pikachu even know any of his teammates?

I wonder if there are any plans to use any of the Piplup that were hatched in JN075 any time soon, they seem to have all been forgotten about
They probably sent them to Prof. Rowan to give out to new trainers. We haven't seen them in months so obviously they didn't keep them

Back
Top Bottom