• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

And what's the point of making an eevee a recurring pokemon? Indeed Kotetsu can have it, but, only if he stays with the group.

They always can pull an aipom/gible situation on us and make the pokemon follow the gang until its eventual capture. In this case, since Cilan caught nothing in a while, I'll bet on him. Ash can have a chance, but, I sincerly doubt.

well, a new issue of pokemon fan comes out on september 20th. we will surely find out what is up with october episodes in that issue :)

a new set of eevee toys coming out now promises "the pokemon eevee which will be featured in the anime starting this fall!". all these goods begin in october -- so be prepared for whoever catches it to catch it then.

Calling it now, new Gen VI Dragon Type Eeveelution for Iris!

If Ash going to catch another Pokemon then it should be Reuniclus !
Because its a extremely Cute & Childish looking Psychic Pokemon which is good for Marketing purpose.
Although , I was looking forward to see Ash's first fully evolve Stater Water Pokemon Or A Snack Pokemon.
But Only the worst thing come true .
If Ash Pignite going to be a Emboar then I want him to have only Fire Type move.
No big Reason , I just like the idea of a Fire type Pokemon defecting any type of Pokemon (Including Water) by using nothing but Pure Fire!
However,
Tepig & their evolution family seem to be the weakest among all Stater !
They are completely worthless against Speed!
PS : Can Fire Punch be use for a long range attack like Shadow Punch ???
I like to see Flame's that shape like a Giant Fist spark out from Emboar's Fist and hit a opponent who standing really far away from Emboar.

Last edited:

I don't think Fire Punch has ever been used like that. It only seems to do that because its made of shadow, like how Shadow Claw is literally like a shadow in Best Wishes. Plus Fire Punch makes contact.

I don't think Fire Punch has ever been used like that. It only seems to do that because its made of shadow, like how Shadow Claw is literally like a shadow in Best Wishes. Plus Fire Punch makes contact.
I hasn't been used as a form of long-range combat before. But I'd like to see if used as a long-range attack, a-la Fist of the Beast King.

But if Pignite evolves (and I hope it does), I think it should keep Flamethrower as its Fire-based distance attack. But I'd love to see it learn Scald.

Last edited:
After Possible Draydan episode, I want Ash to have a pratice Battle against Cynthia.
There Cynthia tell Ash that he lose his Spark and he should regain it.
So Ash resolve to train even harder.
Then there will be a Time Skip of One Month.
And when the Unova League start , It will turn out that Ash Pokemon gone though a lot of change (Evolution , New move & Trick) during the time skip!

Ya , But it would cool if Ash develop a way to use fire Punch like Shadow Punch !
Its a anime so its Possible.
I Clearly remember how Candice turn ''Ice Punch'' into some sort of a Blizzard against Staraptor's ''Aerial Ace'' .

Emboar is closest Fully Evolve Unova Starer Ash can have and it also the only Unova Fire Type Ash has !
But , Emboar seem to be the worst Unova Stater So I'm not happy about it.
The only thing I liked about Emboar is that he has Big Fist So I used to see him as a Fire type Counter part of Electivire .
But Emboar nothing like a Electivire.
Plus , Emboar doesn't have any Special ability like Other Unova Starter.
For Example
-Serperior Glare can stop any Pokemon & they are super fast & flexible.
-Samurott has Unbreakable Shall that can protect them from any type of visible Attack. They can use Sword & their Howl can Intimidate any Pokemon.
While Emboar Special ability is that they can Learn Fire Punch ! Some Ability .
Atleast if they could shoot Fire from their fist then it would be cool.
Although , Emboar's Pokedex entry says ''It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin''!
Does it mean they can actually throw a Punch ? I'm not very good at English.
However , Emboar & his Evolutionary family are totally worthless against ''Speed'' .
Seriously , Why didn't Writer chose Oshawott instate ?
Ash doesn't have any fully evolve Water Stater Pokemon So Oshawott was the right choice.
I can belief writer ignore that because they want a comic relief & a Cute Pokemon for girls to fawn over!

Iris should catch another Pokemon
I don't have any interest in Iris catching a Pokemon after she got a Overpower Dragonite!
I think , Writer Should focus on Developing Ash's Pokemon & Iris's Axew.
Seriously , All Ash Fully Evolve Unova Pokemon (Accept Krookodile) has such a Bad movepool that they doesn't even feel like Fully evolve Pokemon.
While All Ash Unova League with good Movepool has Psychical Problem .
Only Ash's Boldore has Good Body & Good Movepool .

I was thinking (and everyone probably beat me to this) but Stunfisk fills the role of Cilan's mascot Pokemon in the new opening, as opposed to Pansage. What if it's because pansage evolves and will become too big, so they went with a smaller Pokemon? It's doubtful, since they spoiled Krokorok's evolution, but they did edit Kotetsu in, so maybe they are trying to be a little more protective about spoiling?

I know you guys will call me crazy and batshit insane, but if league is starting now and there's a tons of Deoxys merch coming out in December, what if Virgil is the owner of the Deoxys? I mean his color scheme is similiar :S.

Now that we know the identity of Eevee's appearance, I am now leaning towards Cilan possibly catching a Corphish.

The only Pokémon left featured front of the Best Wishes 2 poster who's roles are unknown are Corphish and Lucario.

We know a Corphish is going to make an appearance in the anime soon due to it being on a Pokémon Kids figure set.

Back
Top Bottom