• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Now that we know the identity of Eevee's appearance, I am now leaning towards Cilan possibly catching a Corphish.

The only Pokémon left featured front of the Best Wishes 2 poster who's roles are unknown are Corphish and Lucario.

We know a Corphish is going to make an appearance in the anime soon due to it being on a Pokémon Kids figure set.

What about the Pelliper, Altaria and Combee on the poster?

The flock of Altaria are most likely random. As for Pelliper (and Wingull) you can find wild ones near Undella Town.

Combee, however, is a maybe. It could very well be important due to it being stand-alone, yet it's not standing out.

Or who knows, maybe Corphish represents Ash's one coming back for the Unova League. ...No, that may be unlikely.

Last edited:
The flock of Altaria are most likely random. As for Pelliper (and Wingull) you can find wild ones near Undella Town.

Combee, however, is a maybe. It could very well be important due to it being stand-alone, yet it's not standing out.

Or who knows, maybe Corphish represents Ash's one coming back for the Unova League. ...Nah, that's very unlikely.

Corphish could be owned by one of the rivals.

Corphish could be owned by one of the rivals.
Maybe. Well whatever it is we know a Corphish will be getting an important role in an episode soon.

As will a Lucario and maybe a Combee. Still not so sure on Pelipper, Wingull and the flock of Altaria.

If I was to guess, Kotetsu's Riolu might evolve to a Lucario.

I was hoping for the Lucario to be Cynthia's, but I'm fine either way.

I was wondering - what if Axew get's development in the Dragon Village 2-Parter and will evolve?

I was wondering - what if Axew get's development in the Dragon Village 2-Parter and will evolve?

Personally, I wouldn't like that. I don't want Axew to evolve yet, but that's because I don't think it deserves it. Some development would be nice, but I'd rather see them waiting with the evolution, but that's just my opinion.

I've said this before, but I nominate Dunsparce for Iris' final capture. Not only is it in the new Unova Pokédex, but it is going to be featured rather prominently in the upcoming Mystery Dungeon game (alongside the Unova starters, Pikachu, Axew and Emonga). Most importantly, I think it has a good chance of evolving into a Dragon-type serpent in Generation VI.

I've said this before, but I nominate Dunsparce for Iris' final capture. Not only is it in the new Unova Pokédex, but it is going to be featured rather prominently in the upcoming Mystery Dungeon game (alongside the Unova starters, Pikachu, Axew and Emonga). Most importantly, I think it has a good chance of evolving into a Dragon-type serpent in Generation VI.

I love your idea, honestly.

But Cilan with a Dunsparce would be hillarious. Imagine the Stunfisk + Dunsparce combination.

Do you think Axew wil evolve?

Merge it if a thread like this exists.

I remember sometime ago in the Munna/Musharna episode that Axew had a dream on evolving.

Do you think that will be realized? Was that dream a preview for what will come?

Re: Do you think Axew wil evolve?

Honestly no, seems the writers intended for axew to evolve, but they most likely never expected it to get so popular, so they gave iris a dragonite and called it a day.

It still has plenty of chance to evolve, given the time we have. I don't know what else they plan for Iris after sending her against Drayden, though.

No, I don't think so, especially now so far into the series. Kibago's too attached to advertizing to evolve anyway.

I have a feeling that if it does, they'll probably do what they did with May's Combusken/Blaziken and evolve it a few episode before Iris leaves, at least to its second stage.
If she makes an appearance in Gen 6 then it'll probably be fully evolved when we see her again, or evolve on screen.

I feel like they gave her Dragonite because they knew Axew wouldn't evolve, so probably not.

I don't think he will, considering how bad written this series is, specially when we are talking about evolutions.

But who knows, maybe he will evolve in a hypothetically future filler saga.

Merged with the Evolution/Capture/Release thread.

Personally, I don't think that Axew is going to evolve. Axew is too cute and marketable for them to evolve it. I don't even know if Axew's desire to evolve has been mentioned in more recent episodes. Plus, I figured that they give it upgrades with overpowered moves, as well as hand Iris a Dragonite, in order to compensate for Axew not evolving. I don't see it happening in either the end of the series or with Iris' inevitable cameo in the next series.

Personally, I don't think that Axew is going to evolve. Axew is too cute and marketable for them to evolve it.

They could make him evolve exactly before the saga ends. Being marketable or not shouldn't matter then.

I don't even know if Axew's desire to evolve has been mentioned in more recent episodes.

I don't think that it means that it's going to be forgotten because it hasn't been recently mentioned. Iris' goal was to evolve Axew, and she's apparently feeling iffy about going to Opelucid. I guess it's because she's worried of facing failure. If that's so, I think that it will be mentioned then.

Plus, I figured that they give it upgrades with overpowered moves, as well as hand Iris a Dragonite, in order to compensate for Axew not evolving.

I don't think that the moves are overpowered, but that's another thing. Giving her a Dragonite doesn't sound like a compensation either.

Back
Top Bottom