• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Four Mafia! [ENDGAME]

Introduce Hammer votes? (Majority of votes on a single player would end the phase)

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
.....Tood doesn’t say town. Tood says I should use my ability and trust people in oc. This sounds like they're saying it’s okay for me to chat privately with mafia.
I think this interpretation is a bit of a stretch. Tood said you should use your ability as you see fit (which could mean not at all if that’s what you decide), and I’m pretty sure by saying if someone manages to garner your trust when we have more info to go on, Tood means the opposite of just blindly trusting whoever’s willing to contact you in OC.

I think that DawningWinds is looking a bit scummy actually. None of their posts so far amount to much besides "I dont know". Or just restating stuff that we already know.
That is something to consider. Of course, this is soon followed by a nice big chunk of text from DawningWinds...
Besides, if I were scum, I'd probably attempt to replicate my playstyle from last game because the only thing anyone found suspicious was me voting and unvoting in the same post(which was a joke), me claiming to be roleblocked(which did happen, thanks Mido), and me, despite being super-paranoid D1, letting my role slip(which was an accident). If I were scum, then I'd be trying to look over-paranoid of everything right now, in order to make myself look town and seem consistent with my meta. Now, that's not to say that I'm not noticing things, but I've taken note that not every teeny tiny thing I notice D1 does not make a player scum. However, I'm willing to take one point of damage, or even die if it comes down to it, to get information that benfits the town. Now, if my role were cop, I'd be doing everything I could to get votes off me, but since I'm not cop, or anything particularly important(don't even think I have anything that I'm allowed to claim), I'm not too big of a loss(of course, town death is still town death, but better me than someone with a powerful role), especially since I've figured zero things out and currently find nobody particularly suspicious.
...the biggest paragraph of which is kinda a big heap of WIFOM about what they’d do if they were or weren’t scum. Hmm. :unsure:

Unvote: Tood
Vote: DawningWinds

me claiming to be roleblocked(which did happen, thanks Mido),
:bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove:
Put the letter "b" in brackets(like these []), type would you want to have bolded, then type "/b" in brackets after it. It's generally more reliable than just pressing the button at the top.
But that’s so annoying.

I actually temporarily forgot you can do that.
Why are you accusing me of lying about forum mechanics? I just didnt know xD But yeah, this is a very big brain play in which I convince Mido that bolding is impossible. That will ruin her chances of winning I'm sure!
Dang you cyanide! Fouling my plans with mechanics!
It doesn’t really hint one way or the other if another role like it exists. It’s just a guess I have due to why my role has the passive effect that it does, which is something I can’t specifically claim without heading into rulebreaking territory. And again, there may not be another role quite like it present at all, but it wouldn’t surprise me.
Okay. Just wanted to understand better what you meant and the thought process.

btw @DawningWinds Please put spaces between groups of texts! As a mobile user you should understand how hard that is to read through.

...the biggest paragraph of which is kinda a big heap of WIFOM about what they’d do if they were or weren’t scum. Hmm. :unsure:
I believe now would be a good time to admit that I actually have no idea what I'd do if I were scum. I don't always know myself as well as I like to think I do.

Please put spaces between groups of texts! As a mobile user you should understand how hard that is to read through.
It's honestly not that hard for me to read, but I thought I was putting spaces. Perhaps what you're believing to be multiple groups of text is that paragraph that MegaPod quoted?

I believe now would be a good time to admit that I actually have no idea what I'd do if I were scum. I don't always know myself as well as I like to think I do.

It's honestly not that hard for me to read, but I thought I was putting spaces. Perhaps what you're believing to be multiple groups of text is that paragraph that MegaPod quoted?
Yeah. There were a lot like that last mafia. Maybe you’re not pressing the enter button enough times. This is what it looks like to us

Attachments

• 74D26783-FC93-4F46-A97E-0FF0CB934EE9.png
    74D26783-FC93-4F46-A97E-0FF0CB934EE9.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 39
Yeah. There were a lot like that last mafia. Maybe you’re not pressing the enter button enough times. This is what it looks like to us
Looks exactly like it does for me; that's all one paragraph you have in that attachment. Maybe the real problem is I typed a huge paragraph.

Yeah. A really huge paragraph. It probably doesn’t look as bad on a pc. But on phone it looks twice as long.
It doesn't honestly look much shorter when I turn on desktop site(which is freaking impossible to navigate, I don't know how you people who use this site on the computer do it[and don't tell me it's easier on an actual computer, I've tried it; it's not]). I probably could've split that into multiple paragraphs and/or cut it shorter.

I think that DawningWinds is looking a bit scummy actually. None of their posts so far amount to much besides "I dont know". Or just restating stuff that we already know.

This is my biggest problem with them. This is why they felt off to me. That and TONS of CWAC. Like look at this massive lump of text:

Besides, if I were scum, I'd probably attempt to replicate my playstyle from last game because the only thing anyone found suspicious was me voting and unvoting in the same post(which was a joke), me claiming to be roleblocked(which did happen, thanks Mido), and me, despite being super-paranoid D1, letting my role slip(which was an accident). If I were scum, then I'd be trying to look over-paranoid of everything right now, in order to make myself look town and seem consistent with my meta. Now, that's not to say that I'm not noticing things, but I've taken note that not every teeny tiny thing I notice D1 does not make a player scum. However, I'm willing to take one point of damage, or even die if it comes down to it, to get information that benfits the town. Now, if my role were cop, I'd be doing everything I could to get votes off me, but since I'm not cop, or anything particularly important(don't even think I have anything that I'm allowed to claim), I'm not too big of a loss(of course, town death is still town death, but better me than someone with a powerful role), especially since I've figured zero things out and currently find nobody particularly suspicious.

Now look at it again with all the important, game-specific information highlighted:

Unvote: Midorikawa
Vote: DawningWinds

Feels like a lot of overcompensation. Almost too much.

Tood says I should use my ability and trust people in oc. This sounds like they're saying it’s okay for me to chat privately with mafia.

Nah, to me this seems like they're advocating for the option that Max proposes here to prove trustworthiness:

How about she only tells the people she trusts via OC?

dawningwinds is a noob

VOTE: Patrycjator

because who is he?

Sorry for the lack of response. Holy shit, there's lots to discussion.

In re Mega's Miller claim: Standard miller claim really, not sure what to do with it in Day 1. Probably gonna be more useful as the game goes on.

In re Mido's ITP claim: I don't know if we should take the ITP Lyncher-Bus Driver claim at face value. My concern is that assuming that she is ITP, she might be a completely different ITP role like a SK. Unfortunately, Mido's claim is almost near impossible to test completely. Bus Driver part can be tested but the lyncher, eh.

Honestly, I'm not sure if Mido would any be use for town side. I'm gonna have to side Luminous Dawn on the analysis of the usefulness of the bus driver and the lyncher combination. Furthermore, until we have more than enough information to know what role is which and how to use the role on someone, Mido's claim is at best a hindrance for town.

Actually Indep odds are 1/14. There was only one Indep last time. Also it doesn't even matter since this game is different. No use getting hung up on this.

Actually, we don't know what the odds are for ITP. You're making the assumption that one player is an ITP in the first place, which we should not fully assume.

Still unevolved, need to evolve to get roles.

Do you get to decide when you can evolve to get the roles? And does it vary?

Also what is up with your sheep vote on Caps with Mido earlier in the phase?

As for who I think looks pretty bad at this time, it's gonna have to be Mido, Dawning Winds and Max. I wouldn't mind seeing Mido go because I feel that Mido is just gonna be a hinderence with the role. Even if she were not to use that role and actually scumhunt, the fact that we have one extra variable that could mess up town (By using the bus driver in secret) is something that town should not have to deal with.

Max's claim comes off to me as a little odd? It's just a hunch really.

Dawning Winds just posted a wall of text that's just basically an argument from WIFOM with a claim baked in coupled with a softclaim but not softclaim. Honestly, it just made things more confusing.

Vote: DawningWind

just sayin', but the only reason she sided with Mafia and not Town is because we helped her (Bakura) lynch the Town (Yugi) she needed to lynch, not because Town voted her a couple of times

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't much of a talker it's my first game and I'm not sure what to do before something more damning happens I didn't want to jump to any conclusions since this is all new to me.
Also, I'm a she

Dawning Winds just posted a wall of text that's just basically an argument from WIFOM with a claim baked in coupled with a softclaim but not softclaim. Honestly, it just made things more confusing.

Vote: DawningWind
You technically misspelled my username twice right here, but whatever.

Note to self: the way I'm currently playing doesn't work at all. Please do not be surprised if that completely changes D2, since I'll most likely be alive unless enough players vote me for whatever amount of attacks I take to do me in.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go reread the thread. I get that I'm playing awfully and you have every right to be suspicious of me, but there's no way I'm the only suspicious player. I get that you need to decide on one lynch target(actually, not necessarily in this game), but since there are certainly multiple scums, there's no way I could ve the only enemy, even if I were scum. You want to keep your votes on me? Okay, then maybe figure out who on earth I'd be scum with. Sure, you'll find that I'm not scum, but perhaps when I die and flip town, you'll at least have other people to look into already. I'm not begging you to unvote me, I look terrible, I know; I'm just asking you to look at other people, too.

I get that I'm playing awfully and you have every right to be suspicious of me, but there's no way I'm the only suspicious player.

this is actually a decent point.

Also what is up with your sheep vote on Caps with Mido earlier in the phase?

Max sheeps regardless of alignment, why the defense of me here?

@Calvin ッ
There's nothing in the rules that mentions unvoting, but I presume that it still exists?

If so
Unvote

An OC chat has convinced me that perhaps we can work with Mido, I just hope I

EDITED:
don't come to regret this later, Independents just give me a bad vibe always.

Unvote ZinnLav

After looking through this, I've noticed that Zinn isn't suspicious (I think at least, not sure).

@Calvin ッ
There's nothing in the rules that mentions unvoting, but I presume that it still exists?
You're fine

On the subject of votes, I've changed the rules to reflect that i'd prefer votes and unvotes to always be bolded, as it's easier for me to see and I don't wanna miss any by accident

Back
Top Bottom