• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Three Mafia! [ENDGAME - MAFIA / INDEP WIN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he isn't a ghost it's only more of a reason to look at Zinn. Either way, this can give us some well needed info to finally get moving, cause gosh this game is slow with no lynches.
This is exactly what I’ve been saying all along, yes.

That, in general, can also be the case when the argument is just outright bad and a scum attempt to lynch a townie, just saying.
Correct, but this is one relatively small piece of a larger argument that, at least over all, you seem to agree enough with to vote for MP.

Shit... uhm... Makes note for later
#YouDoneGoofed

As for why I gave it to Darth, because I'm not convinced Darth is scum, but they did take some massive damage that I still feel was uncalled for.
Uhhhhhhhh...did you mean to say Town there? The “but” implies that it’s an opposing idea to the one before it. If you weren’t convinced he was scum, and you thought he took too much damage that was uncalled for, that’s different.
In any case, I can assume this was some sort of healing ability or item.
Question 1: assuming that I take this post at face value, it doesn’t seem like you had any particular reason to believe Darth was Town, even if you weren’t convinced he was scum. Why do you believe that Darth isn’t scum, and, specifically, what, at that point in the game, led you to that conclusion?

Question 2: assuming that you mean “town” and not “scum.” Why on earth would you ever give a healing item to someone you aren’t convinced is Town?! Especially in a game like there where, as we’ve seen, it is a royal PITA to get anybody lynched.

Question 3: how can it be a passive ability if you seem to have some degree of control over it? You specifically sent something to DarthWolf. Now, I’m not sure if you can only send one thing or multiple different things. That said, even designating a specific target with a passive ability should not be possible.

Next thing that I find a little odd is the sequence of events, which I did go back and check.
N2 (presumably): AE observes Zinn visiting MegaPod.
D3: AE immediately calls out Zinn for doing something.
Later in D3: AE asks Darth if anything happened to him since the phase change, which, to me, implies the N2 -> D3 phase change, meaning it should have already happened by this point.
N3: Darth confirms something happened, but, if I am reading the post correctly, it didn’t happen until the phase update D3 -> N3? (Please confirm this, Darth.)

Anyway, based on when AE asked Darth the question, it would seem like he was able to use two abilities in one night. Even if you are a JOAT, that generally is not permitted, and, from my experiences in this game so far, it may even prevent you from attacking that night, as well.

Personally, I find this all very odd.

Next thing that I find a little odd is the sequence of events, which I did go back and check.
N2 (presumably): AE observes Zinn visiting MegaPod.
D3: AE immediately calls out Zinn for doing something.
Later in D3: AE asks Darth if anything happened to him since the phase change, which, to me, implies the N2 -> D3 phase change, meaning it should have already happened by this point.
N3: Darth confirms something happened, but, if I am reading the post correctly, it didn’t happen until the phase update D3 -> N3? (Please confirm this, Darth.)
Yeah sorry about that, that was also partially on me not reading my pm yet as I was quite beh

Uhhhhhhhh...did you mean to say Town there? The “but” implies that it’s an opposing idea to the one before it.
No. I meant what I said. I'm not convinced darth is scum. Call it a gut instinct, I have no proof, but I feel that he is town. So I wanted to restore some of his missing HP.

Question 2: assuming that you mean “town” and not “scum.” Why on earth would you ever give a healing item to someone you aren’t convinced is Town?! Especially in a game like there where, as we’ve seen, it is a royal PITA to get anybody lynched.
Refer to answer #1

Question 3: how can it be a passive ability if you seem to have some degree of control over it? You specifically sent something to DarthWolf. Now, I’m not sure if you can only send one thing or multiple different things. That said, even designating a specific target with a passive ability should not be possible.
I have a move, and an ability. The move is active. I can track players with it by targeting them. I tracked Zinn to Mega, and Max to me.

The ability is passive. It has a chance to happen, and when it does, I'm given an item. I can use this item at any time I wish, which is why I asked Darth about it half way through the phase, but he only got it when the phase changed.

Not sure I should be saying all of this

Ah. Okay.
That actually makes a lot more sense and clears things up.
Thank you.

In any case, on a gut read, you decided to give Darth a healing item/effect. That’s what I’m understanding.

I can’t fault you for that. After all, my read on MP started out as a funny feeling in my gut, and developed from there.

Night Four Start
Player VotedNo. of votesWho voted
MegaPod8ME, jdthebud, ZinnLav, Rainbow Cloud, Lone_Garurumon, Jinjo, Pika_pika42, DarthWolf
ZinnLav1MegaPod
AussieEevee2AussieEevee, Max1996
Pika_pika421Officer Snake

MegaPod took 9HP Damage!
ZinnLav took 1HP Damage! ZinnLav has fainted!
Dear Zinnlav,

You are Nincada! The Trainee Pokemon!

You are a Bug/Ground type Pokemon, and are slightly unique, this is due to the fact that in the games you evolve technically into two separate Pokemon. However, for this game you can only evolve into one. (Sorry :p) Your actions are the following:

Scratch: Player Name
This is a normal type 1HP damage move. This will deal 1HP damage to whoever you target. Taking type effectiveness into account.

Your evolution is a chance effect every night. Besides the standard evolution chance, you can choose whether to evolve into Ninjask OR Shedinja as soon as you get your Role PM. You do not know what abilities these roles have prior to evolution. Should you not want to pick your evolution, I will keep it as a 50/50.

You are sided with the Protectors of Hoenn (TOWN), You win when all forces threatening the town are destroyed.

You have 15HP.
///
Dear ZinnLav,

You evolved into Shedinja! The Shed Pokemon.

With the evolution you have lost your attack, but have gained the Wonder Guard ability. This means you can only be hit by super effective attacks. (Votes will still deal normal damage.)

With this however, you have now only gotten 1HP. To compensate for this, you have a vote power of 2HP, instead of the usual 1HP.

Your win con remains the same, you now have 1HP.

ZinnLav has died, they were sided with the town.

AussieEevee took 2HP Damage!
Pika_pika42 took 1HP Damage!

It is now Night Four, this phase will end 24 hours from this posts timestamp. (This phases get later and later don't they) :p

Last edited:
...how did I not notice that AE kept his vote on himself. :bulbaFacepalm:

Okay, so let's go over our plan of action for this evening as well as the wealth of information that Zinn's role flip gives us.
We'll start with the info.
  1. As we already knew, Pokemon can indeed have non-STAB moves, since Nincada is a Bug/Ground type, and Scratch is Normal.
  2. Speaking of Scratch, Zinn was indeed telling the truth about MegaPod being a Ghost type since, literally, that was the only possible action that Zinn had, and we know that Zinn did indeed visit MP on N2.

As for our plan of action, looking back at the vote histories, MegaPod took 2HP damage from all the day phases before this one, which means that, at most, he should have 4HP remaining. I need some good townie volunteers to help me deplete the remainder of his HP. Please either mention here in OC if you are interested. I want to coordinate ourselves so that we don't waste the extra firepower.

But, what about the rest of y'all? Well, personally, I would request that y'all start looking into jdthebud and Officer Snake.

jd: in light of confirmation of MegaPod's Ghost typing, jd's statement about that being a "Possible Scum Type?" becomes slightly more sinister than it actually was before. Remember, that is still, literally, the most useless possible thing that he could have said, considering the fact that any type in this game could theoretically be scum. If MegaPod does flip as scum, it seems like this may have potentially been an early means of distancing from MP, which continued to occur in the form of jd voting for MegaPod. I'll admit, this one may be a bit of a stretch, but I do believe that at least one of our inactives is scum. Especially in a setup like this one, scum really do need to just sit back and watch Town slowly deplete their own HP as they take us out one-by-one.

Snake: has mostly tunneled on Pika_Pika42 since his return to the game. Now, I'll admit that Pika himself has not been very active in the game at large, but Snake's extreme tunnel vision on Pika, to the point where he barely acknowledges the main topics of conversation going on in the thread at the time, is a little concerning. Also, one must remember that, in an OC game, there may be things occurring that you are not seeing in the thread.

I think, in light of the late day conversation between myself, Darth, and AE, I am feeling better about both AE and Darth.
While it is possible, especially in light of the confirmation of MegaPod's Ghost type, that AE was trying to cover for a scumbuddy when he was adamant about the mafia being a Legendary Trio, I do not believe that, with MegaPod's death being fairly imminent, the mafia would risk outing their third and, likely, final member in an attempt to deflect suspicion away from AussieEevee. This being the case, DarthWolf has no reason to lie about AE giving him a positive item, and AE has no reason to lie about being the one responsible for giving said item, since he could very easily be CC'd in private.

So, going over my reads list, because I do suspect that I'll be dead by D5:

Max1996 - I still believe that his behavior earlier, especially when under pressure from AE, was Towny. Max usually cracks very easily as scum, and he did not do so this time. I cannot blame him for having little to no information to work with, given the particular setup we're working with, and, as a result, I also definitely cannot blame him for being skeptical of Zinn's bizarre reasons for voting, and for going after Zinn, since that was the only suspect behavior in the game at the time.

Pika_pika42 - Mostly a neutral read. Has not contributed much to the game in the thread thus far, though, like Max, I believe that can be partially explained by the setup not giving us a lot of information, especially those first few days. I will say that Pika has been most cooperative in OC, which is always nice.

DarthWolf - Town, surprisingly. Like I said above, I cannot see a possibility for a MegaPod/AE/Darth scum team at this point (given MP's impending death), and that would be the only reason for him and AE to fabricate a lie about some sort of passive item finding/giving ability.

Lone_Garurumon - Hmmmm...hmmmm...and again, hmmmm... he seems decently active, but I can't remember him saying anything of significance or anything that particularly stuck out at me. I know he voted MP on D2, as did jd. If jd and MegaPod are both scum, then I don't think Lone would also be scum, since having both of your teammates vote for you on the same day is a little...odd. I think he's potentially worth looking into, but only after jd.

AussieEevee - Town. DarthWolf vouched for him, and Darth has no reason to do so unless they're both scumbuddies. If MegaPod flips scum, then I rather doubt that possibility. AE would have quickly been counterclaimed in OC if he was not directly responsible for the positive effect that Darth received.

MegaPod - Die, scum, die!

Rainbow Cloud - Again, fairly neutral, though a slight town lean. RC has been decently active, and seems to be thinking rationally and trying to solve the game, but, again, aside from the tonal read that I can remember, I'm not entirely sure of anything significant he's said.

Officer Snake - Scummy: has spent most of his time since subbing in tunneling on Pika_Pika42 to the extent of barely acknowledging the ongoing major discussions in the thread, and, essentially, by voting for Pika_Pika42, is taking an overall noncommittal stance on anything significant while potentially dealing pretty easy chip damage to a Townie.

Jinjo - I've become more careful about how I read Jinjo since the disaster that was TWR Awards Mafia. I will say that, despite being unfamiliar with the particular setup, she does seem to be trying to help solve the game and I actually do remember a couple of interesting points she brought up during D4. I would probably put Jinjo as a decently solid Town read.

jdthebud - another scum read. In addition to the aforementioned useless statement ("Possible Scum Type?") in response to Zinn's reveal that MegaPod is a ghost, I actually noticed a couple of other interesting tidbits.
  1. During D1, his top scum read was Contrainer (now Snake 2.0) for asking a question that led to a modkill. He later stated that he was half serious about the read, though he does add that it wasn't because of the modkill, it was because he felt Contrainer was fishing for PRs. Important to consider, because, if Snake 2.0 is jd's scumbuddy, this could be a very easy, and noncommittal, form of distancing.
  2. During D2, jd tries multiple times to get someone to out that they attacked him, without divulging any information on the amount of damage he took. This could potentially be a method for trying to find someone who dealt Super Effective damage on him, and eliminate them.
  3. jd's first vote on MegaPod, also happened on D2. The reasoning is that he feels MP's vote on Zinn was to get an "easy lynch," in a game without lynches. Again, it seems like a fairly easy way to distance himself from a scumbud.
  4. jd's second vote on MegaPod, from this past phase. Claims that he's been suspicious of MP since D2, and yet, despite being around on D3 for long enough to post that, he did not commit to a vote on MegaPod at that time, and only voted for MegaPod again after I gave an expanded case on him during D4. It is interesting to note that he is vouching for RC here. If jd does flip as scum, that would be a pretty big WIFOM moment.

ME2 - this guy is far too noisy, and makes extremely long posts. what an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom