• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon GK: Volume Two - The Sevii Islands

That was a very convenient mind change that Brendan had. I think the story would have been more interesting if Leaf had battled Brendan, or if she had to escape from him instead.

42958365295.jpg

“Wow, Gary marveled at the beautiful Gym. It was made in a baroque style, meaning it was as fancy-looking as they come. He checked the sign outside the Gym.

“The Gym Leader here is called Q,” he told Leaf and Silv.

“I’ve heard of him,” Silv noted. "He traveled through Johto for a while. Competed in the Silver Conference once, too."

Gary gulped. "Looks like I have my work cut out for me," he said nervously. The group entered the Gym. They were greeted by a green-haired man with brown eyes. He was clad in a black-and-blue wetsuit.

"Hello," he said. "My name is Q. I assume you're here to challenge me. Is that right, Gary Ketchum?"

"That's right," said Gary, remembering that all of the Gym Leaders in the Sevii Islands knew his face.

Q smiled and nodded. "I think I'll give this battle an interesting twist. If you win, I'll give you your Badge... AND a very important secret about myself."

"And if I lose?" asked Gary, being cautious.

Q shrugged. "If you lose, you lose, and have to try again," he said. "I don't really have anything I want to take from you."

"What a strange guy," Leaf muttered.

Gary raised an eyebrow, but nodded. "Fine by me, I guess," he said.

"All right then," Q grinned. He unclipped a Poke Ball from the belt he wore and threw it. "Let's start this battle! Five on five! Go, Gliscor!"

A purple, scorpion-like Pokemon with batlike wings appeared. It grimaced and snapped its formidable claws.

"Glahscor!" it hissed.

Gary chose his own Pokemon. "Go, Vaporeon!" he yelled, throwing his Poke Ball.

The blue Water-type emerged and swiped its tail at Gliscor. "Vaaaay!" it cried.

"Let'sget this over with, fast!" Gary declared. "Vaporeon, use Water Pulse!"

A blue orb appeared over Vaporeon's head. It spread into several rings of water that floated towards Gliscor. The rings connected and knocked Gliscor back.

"Fight back, Gliscor!" Q ordered. "Use your Thunder Fang attack!"

Gliscor opened its maw wide. Electricity crackled and flashed around its teeth. It flied quickly towards Vaporeon and bit down hard on the Jet Pokemon. Vaporeon cried out in pain.

"That's not good," noted Silv. Leaf nodded.

"Even though Vaporeon has the type advantage over Gliscor, that Thunder Fang means that Gliscor still has a fighting chance," she said.

"Q's not an idiot," Silv said. "He knows his Pokemon's weaknesses and teaches them moves to counter them. That's how he nearly won the Silver Conference."

"Aqua Tail, Vaporeon! Gary instructed. Vaporeon's tail glowed blue and it struck Gliscor with tremendous force. Gliscor, however, managed to stay up.

"Q is seriously messing with Gary's strategy," said Leaf. "Gary's always relied on super-effective moves to take out his opponents quickly, before his Pokemon can get seriously hurt."

"Gary needs to think more carefully about his opponent's type before he attacks," Silv noted.

Gary gulped. Why isn't Gliscor going down? he thought. He suddenly had an epiphany. Of course! Gliscor is both a Ground-and-Flying type! Meaning...

"It's twice as weak to Ice-types!" he shouted aloud. "Vaporeon, use Ice Beam!" Vaporeon blasted a beam of bluish-white energy at Gliscor. The attack covered the Fangscorpion Pokemon in ice, causing it to fall to the ground, defeated.

"Congratulations," said Q. "You've managed to take down one of my Pokemon. But how will you fare against my next one? Go, Shimama! Use Thunderbolt!"

A black-and-white zebra-like Pokemon appeared. Its mane glowed yellow, and it shot a bolt of lightning at Vaporeon. The electric shock caused Vaporeon to convulse in pain until it collapsed, panting.

"Vaporeon!" Gary yelled in alarm. He returned his Pokemon to its Poke Ball. "You did great," he said. "Take a nice rest." He chose his next Pokemon. ""Marowak! I choose you! Use Stealth Rock!"

Gary's Ground-type Pokemon burst from its Poke Ball. It waved its bone-club around, making jagged stones appear that covered the field.

"Now," Gary grinned, "whenever you call a new Pokemon in, they'll suffer damage automatically! That makes it easier for me to take them out, since they'll already be weakened!"

Q nodded. "An excellent tactic," he conceded. He sighed. "Unfortunately, there's only one attack Shimama knows that can even damage Marowak... and it comes at a price. Use Take Down, Shimama!"

Shimama charged at Marowak, slamming itself into Gary's Pokemon. It was then hit with recoil, reeling back in pain.

"Take Down damages the user, in addition to the target," Q said with a frown.

"Nice try," said Gary. "But not nice enough! Marowak, use Bone Club!"

Marowak sprinted towards Shimama and swung its club like a bat into Shimama's head. The attack sent Shimama flying. The Electric-type landed with a thud on the ground, knocked out.

"Two of five," said Q, recalling Shimama. "Not bad. Next, I think I'll use my Octillery!"

Q released a red, octopus-like Pokemon. "Ooooccct," it groaned. At once, the jagged stones Marowak had scattered flew towards Octillery, attacking it and making it weaker. The stones then returned to their original positions.

"My strategy in work," Gary said with a smile.

"Octazooka, Octillery!" Q yelled. Octillery spat a jet of black ink at Marowak. The ink covered Marowak, suffocating it. Gary had no choice but to recall Marowak before it began to get seriously hurt.

He selected a new Pokemon. "Go, Parasect!" Gary ordered. Gary's crablike Pokemon appeared. It snapped its claws at Octillery. "Paraparaparaparasect!" it growled.

"Use Bullet Seed, Parasect!" Gary ordered. Parasect opened its mouth and launched a flurry of green, glowing, seedlike objects at Octillery. The objects connected, knocking Octillery back.

"You tried this trick earlier on me," said Q. "Use Ice Beam, Octillery!"

Octillery used the same attack as Vaporeon had earlier. Gary could only watch as the attack knocked Parasect out as quickly as it had been brought out.

"Fourth Pokemon," said Gary solemnly. "I choose Fearow!"

The Beak Pokemon appeared and bellowed loudly.

"A Flying-tpye?" said Q. "I am truly disappointed. You were a finalist in the Indigo Conference. You should know that Flying-types are weak against Ice-types. Ice Beam again, Octillery!"

Octillery once again shot its Ice Beam attack, covering Fearow in ice and dispatching it quickly.

Gary furrowed his brow. His jaw clenched. He grabbed the bill of his cap and twisted, pulling his cap backwards. He grabbed a Poke Ball. "You're my last hope!" he shouted. "Go, Venasaur!"

Gary's very first Pokemon exploded out of the Poke Ball and roared at Octillery.

"Use Sleep Powder!" Gary ordered before Q could react. A cloud of blue, shimmering powder plumed from Venasaur's flower. The powder covered Octillery. Q's Pokemon blinked slowly, trying to stay awake, but quickly succumbed to a peaceful rest.

"Now Octillery can't hurt Venasaur," grinned Gary. "Use Energy Ball!"

Venasaur produced a bluish-green orb of energy and blasted it towards Octillery. The attack made Octillery shudder in pain before the octopus-like Pokemon fainted.

"Well done," Q congratulated Gary. "I haven't been put in a corner like this since the Silver Conference. Now, my final Pokemon! Typhlosion! Come out!"

The Fire-type Volcano Pokemon appeared and growled at Venasaur. The Stealth Rock stones attacked Typhlosion as they had Octillery, but their damage to Typhlosion was more severe.

"What?" Q said, startled at how weak Typhlosion had become. Then he realized what had happened. "Of course," he said with a nod. "Typhlosion is a Fire-type, making it weak against Rock-type moves like Stealth Rock. That was a smart move to use."

Gary smirked. "That's right," he agreed. "Now, Venasaur, use Sunny Day!"

Venasaur roared. An extremely bright miniature sun appeared in the Gym, filling the room with sunlight. Leaf and Silv had to squint to see well.

"Lava Plume, Typhlosion!" yelled Q. Typhlosion sprouted a fiery mane that grew to cover its entire body. It charged at Venasaur.

"Protect yourself, quick!" Gary interjected. Venasaur surrounded itself with a green force field that Typhlosion simply bounced off of.

"And now, finish this!" Gary bellowed. "Use Solar Beam!"

Venasaur reabsorbed the miniature sun into its flower. It then released the energy out of its mouth as a supercharged beam of sunlight that it blasted at Typhlosion. Though the attack wasn't very effective, the damage Typhlosion had already sustained due to Stealth Rock, combined with the Solar Beam damage, was enough to knock Q's trump card out.

Leaf cheered. "Gary won!" she shouted excitedly.

Silv gave a small smile. "Good going," he said to Gary.

"Here," said Q. He tossed Gary a Badge shaped like a diving mask. "That's my SCUBA Badge. You've earned it." He then exited the Gym, headed for Three Island's shore.

"Wait!" said Gary, and he sprinted after Q. Leaf and Silv followed him.

They caught up with Q as the Gym Leader was preparing to enter the water.

"You promised to tell us a secret about you," Gary reminded Q.

"Ah, yes," said Q. "That. I'm sure you're familiar with Drew Roselant, the Team Rocket member."

"Yes," said Leaf with a scowl.

Q looked at the children sadly. "He's my cousin," he said, and he dived into the ocean.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next Time: The group arrives at Four Island, where they meet the developer of the PC Storage System! Plus, we check in on Team Rocket! See what happens in Chapter 14: "Computer Whiz! Bill of Four Island!"​

First! wow! Q and drew? wow.... i thought about drew cuz o the green hair of Q's and the title card. wow.:banana:

For a minute, I thought it WAS Drew...that would have been a little...strange...

Dun dun dun. I wasn't surprised that Q and Drew are related, but... will it be important? Also, awesome battle, except that the Japanese name was rather out of place.

Dun dun dun. I wasn't surprised that Q and Drew are related, but... will it be important? Also, awesome battle, except that the Japanese name was rather out of place.

Once we get the BW translations, I'll start using the English names.

To the author of this fanfic, I've read the AKC,GK V1 and I'm up to date with GK V2, and I must say, I'm very happy to read this. It's the first fanfic I've ever read, but it's great! I hope to be able to read chapter 13 soon.

An announcement:

As of now, GK is officially on hiatus. I intend to finish it someday soon, but for now my focus is on other projects, such as Bulbagarden!.

I'll publish the final AKC chapter this winter break - I want to finish it and be done with it - but you won't be hearing from Gary and co. until mid-January at the earliest.

Thanks,
~Jabber

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom