• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends of Ruby, Tales of Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Red

Kaboom
Reaction score
A clock ticked loudly from somewhere within the house. David rolled over in his bed, still sound asleep. Suddenly, the covers were thrown off the boy, and he awoke with a start. It was just a moment ago that he had still been dreaming, but now he was widely awake. David jumped out of bed, and hobbled, trying to put on his jeans, over to his calender. "Yes!" he said, pointing to a circled date. "Today's the day!" David grabbed a rubber Pokeball off of his desk. "I choose you!" he shouted, throwing it, only to have it bounce back and hit him square in the face. David laughed, and walked downstairs, to find his mom cooking a hearty breakfast. "Good morning, dear." she said, without lookign away from the stove where she had been frying eggs. "Mornin'" Davis replied. "The big day is fianlly here!" his mother smiled, putting a plate for her son on the kitchen table. "Yup! Today I start my Pokemon journey!" David exclaimed, gobbling up his breakfast, quickly. "What's the rush?" "I wanna get to the professor's lab early, so I get first pick out of the three starter Pokemon." he explained. "I'm sure Professor Birch will wait." his mother said, as David got up to leave.

"I'm gonna miss you." she said, shedding a tear.
"I'm gonna miss you too, mom."

"Promise me you'll come visit."
"I will mom."

"And don't do anything too dangerous."
"I won't, mom."

"And did you pack enough clean underwear?"
"MOM!"

David embraced his mother. "I'll be fine." "You're right, I worry too much." she said, as they went out to the front porch. "Well, I'm off!" David said, getting on his bike, and riding off down the dirt roads of Littleroot Town.

“Once again, thanks so much…”

The doors of a small cottage flung open and fifteen year old, Amelia Burton walked out. She was currently staying over at her auntie’s house in Littleroot Town.

However, Amelia lived in Slateport City. She was in town as she had decided a few weeks that after reaching the age of fifteen, and not achieving much in her life but trouble, that she would embark on her Pokemon Journey. Informed of Professor Birch handing out a Pokedex and items to starting trainers, she decided to pay her auntie a visit.

“Skit-skit” squealed a Pokemon. This Pokemon was a Skitty, or as named by Amelia, Coral. Coral had never been in a battle or contest. She was used a family pet, played and groomed with back at home. Amelia decided to bring Coral along as effectively, it was her first pokemon.

“Right Coral, now on the way to the Professor’s Laboratory” she smiled at the Pokemon, scooping it up and holding it between her chest and folded arms as she took her first steps toward the start of her journey as a coordinator.

Meanwhile...

Professor Birch yawned and gently stirred his coffee. "It's almost time!" he mused, glancing at his watch and opening up the door of his laboratory as the sunlight streamed in, glinting off the marble floor tiles. Several children would be stopping by today to pick up a starter Pokemon and a Pokedex in order to start their journeys.

Last edited:
Tyler looked out into the wide, serene, landscape of Littleroot Town. He had taken a boat from his home in Pallet Town and journeyed here. He walked into what he thought was the outskirts of town. There were a few shops and houses. He was looking for Professor Birch's Labratory, where he could get a Pokemon.

Tyler saw a girl coming out of her house with a Skitty. "Hellooo" he said slicking his hair back.

"Pardonez moi, professor Birch." Eliot says, entering the lab, using the very tiny amount of French he had learned for the express purpose of seeming more cultured. "Perchance I could have a man of the Pokes?"

Professor Birch leaughed heartily at Eliot's abrupt entrance. "You must be Eliot, am I right? We have your Lotad right here." he said, handing the boy a Pokeball marked "Lotad."

Eliot put it on his head, and assumed an expression exactly like the Pokemon's.
"Lotad." He said, as the pokemon put roots into his head.

"Hope the others get here soon!" Makina said, just behind Professor Birch. She had entered Littleroot town just last evening, and had stayed with the professor's family overnight while waiting for the others to arrive.

Tagging behind her was a Trapinch, newly hatched and still getting used to her trainer. The Ant Pit Pokemon yawned widely, still drowsy.

The two had left Mauville City about a week ago, soon after Makina's aunt had received a letter from Birch. The professor had mentioned that soon many trainers would be heading on their Pokemon journey, and suggested that Makina could come along as well, if only to help out with handing out starters. Her aunt agreed wholeheartily and took it a step beyond that; she decided that Makina should start her journey as well.

"But I'll look silly! Everyone there has to be around ten, and I'm much older then them!" Makina had whined back.

"You're only fourteen, and you'll be fine." her aunt had replied, giving her the Pokeball holding Trapinch. "Here, courtesy of your uncle. Now tell Professor Birch that I said hello!"

And so she was here, even further away from Blackthorn then before, waiting on a bunch of kids to arrive.

David pushed the kickstand of his bike down into the dirt with his foot. He hopped off and walked eagarly up to the lab. "Professor Birch? I'm here for my Pokemon." he said, walking inside.

Makina waved to the new trainer as he entered. Her Trapinch stared at the newcomer curiously, and opened it's mouth wide, as if to show off.

David waved nervously back at the girl, then stared at Eliot and Lotad with a awkward expression on his face. "You must be David." the professor said. "Yep...that's, uh...me." "Won't you please follow me?" Birch said, leading him to a table in the back of the lab. "Here I have three Pokemon. You may choose one of them to accompany you on your journey." Professor Birch said, motioning to the three Pokeballs on the table. David thought for a minute, then said, "Would it be okay if I could see the Pokemon? I like to examine all my choices before making any hasty decisions."

Eliot takes of the Lotad and returns to normal, then sees two other trainers.
"You guys want to join up with me? I am going on a Pokemon journey, and I am of the firm belief that there is safety in numbers." He says to Marina and David.

"I don't think everyone is here yet. Wouldn't it be best to pick travel buddies until you see everyone?" Makina said.

"No, it is fine. I can simply ask anyone else I like to come. Besides, if I waited, somebody else might recruit the beautiful trainers." Eliot says.

Professor Birch smirked, then released the Pokemon contained in the three Pokeballs.

Spr_3r_255.png
Spr_3r_252.png
Spr_3r_258.png

"There's Torchic, the fire starter, Treecko, the grass starter, and Mudkip, the water starter."

David paused for a moment. "Hmm......I guess I'll go with........Torchic?" The chick Pokemon cheered and jumped into David's arms. "Good choice." the professor commented, smiling. "It's one worth raising." David chuckled, then turned to face Eliot. "And sure I'll travel with you."

Amelia stopped when she noticed a boy greet her.

"Hi" she said, still grasping Skitty. "We were just off to Professor Birch's, are you going there too?" she asked, hoping he'd say yes because she didn't know Litleroot all that well.

"Yeah, I am. I have a map that I got when I came off the ship that took me here. You can come if you want." said Tyler and he started walking in the direction of the lab.

"Sure" she smiled as she walked behind him, following the complete stranger that she didn't know. "My name's Amelia" she said, starting a conversation.

Tyler turned. "My name's Tyler. I'm starting a journey as a Pokemon Trainer. What about you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom