• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Something tells me we're not getting any more news on this game until June at the absolute earliest.
I'd say more August, aka around when we got PLA's second trailer, thats the earliest it can be if PLZA releases 2025 (Trailers ramp up around 6 months before release)

The only way I see us getting one sooner is if the PLZA being a switch 2 launch title idea is true, might show up in the Nintendo Direct that announces the Switch 2 if so.

With more sources seeming to confirm this game is just with Lumiose I'm getting quite concerned that it will not be a game I personally like very much at all. It's hard to imagine a Pokemon game with minimal nature, and after LA was one of my favorite games of all time and had wonderful nature and adventure aspects and SV also had amazing nature and open world adventure, I'm quite depressed thinking that this game that will be the only new game in what will likely be a three plus year time period (between SV in late 2022 and the likely Gen 10 game near the 30th anniv) will all be within a densely populated city filled to the edges with buildings. That overhead map leaves no room for nature of any kind. Nature is my favorite thing in both Pokemon games and real life, so this may not be such a negative for many people, but for me it would be downright appalling. The only hope I'm having is that if this is a past game and that map is a plan for the future that maybe the city isn't developed yet and there are natural areas still in the portion of the game we can access. Still though it is a huge disappointment, as I was far more excited to see other areas of Kalos such as Couriway waterfall, Santalune Forest, Murielle Coast, Mirror Cave, Azure Bay, Winding Woods, and many other locations and even less natural aspects like the old castles that are not within Lumiose. Lumiose was pretty cool back in 2013, but honestly its nowhere near the best part of Kalos to me and outside the tower there isn't much notable there. Hopefully the story makes up for the drab setting and lack of adventure, but I'm not feeling anywhere near as excited as I was when I thought it was all of Kalos.

With more sources seeming to confirm this game is just with Lumiose I'm getting quite concerned that it will not be a game I personally like very much at all. It's hard to imagine a Pokemon game with minimal nature, and after LA was one of my favorite games of all time and had wonderful nature and adventure aspects and SV also had amazing nature and open world adventure, I'm quite depressed thinking that this game that will be the only new game in what will likely be a three plus year time period (between SV in late 2022 and the likely Gen 10 game near the 30th anniv) will all be within a densely populated city filled to the edges with buildings. That overhead map leaves no room for nature of any kind. Nature is my favorite thing in both Pokemon games and real life, so this may not be such a negative for many people, but for me it would be downright appalling. The only hope I'm having is that if this is a past game and that map is a plan for the future that maybe the city isn't developed yet and there are natural areas still in the portion of the game we can access. Still though it is a huge disappointment, as I was far more excited to see other areas of Kalos such as Couriway waterfall, Santalune Forest, Murielle Coast, Mirror Cave, Azure Bay, Winding Woods, and many other locations and even less natural aspects like the old castles that are not within Lumiose. Lumiose was pretty cool back in 2013, but honestly its nowhere near the best part of Kalos to me and outside the tower there isn't much notable there. Hopefully the story makes up for the drab setting and lack of adventure, but I'm not feeling anywhere near as excited as I was when I thought it was all of Kalos.
The way I'm willing to interpret it is that while the story events all take place within the city, we can still come and go. There might even be side quests that have us leave the city.

Sheesh, it was a bit refreshing to play catch up with the thread, y'all know, IRL stuff going on and the like, but let's dig in a little bit.

A common misconception some people tend to have about urban maps in games is that they can't be open world. Yes, it's true that Pokémon games are more than large population centers, but...

Seeing the series' largest city take the spotlight in this way is more interesting! In my opinion, getting the chance to see Lumiose in this highly detailed rendition, letting go of previous limitations and taking such a detailed form can have its benefits.

Since it's about redevelopment, it will have a diverse environment, just not how it usually is, an urban environment can be detailed and expansive, and the idea of the city being rebuilt to give Pokémon more comfortable areas should tell that we will see more stuff along the typical urban setting.

Honestly we all should wait unless something more juicy drops before being hyped or disappointed. Yeah I know this is a speculation thread, but I feel we should be a bit reserved about expectations, still, I love how a lot of stuff is being discussed despite the ambiguity of the teaser trailer.

@adr1504
There is a lot to think about and discuss the upcoming game. More than it seems, considering the fact that this thread has lasted this long. Which I agree is impressive considering that the trailer doesn't give us much at all.

While I don't think we'll see other cities or any of the natural landmarks/caves; I do think there is a non-zero chance that elements of the directly connecting routes are implemented into the game/considered part of the Outer Limits of the city.

Route 4 was very developed and had mostly flowers and trimmed hedges. It is a very man-made looking garden area; complete with a giant fountain. I can definitely see us getting an area like this in-game.

Route 5 kind of felt like it was suppose to be a skate park; which we could get again depending on the setting of the game.

Route 13 obviously had the power plants and could easily be considered part of the city, but I think we would need a story reason to be entering the power plants (though; as originally speculated; this seems like the most logical way to introduce Volcanion into the game)

Routes 14 and 16 I'm less sure about since they are much more natural. Maybe the new plazas take inspiration from these routes. It would be cool to have a nice large park to fish in.

Any more than that and it gets into the debate of whether we should consider the blueprint in the trailer an accurate representation of the game map. Instead of having outward areas to explore; I am personally in the "we should get to explore the catacombs" boat.

However, I would be okay if it really is just Lumiose and embraces the urban setting to it's fullest potential. I usually find the urban exploration to be quite interesting in Pokemon (the Sewers in Castellia, ORAS's Mauville; etc) and I'm excited to see it potentially take center stage; especially after it's been very lacking the past 2 games. I think it could be potentially more fun than most games that take places in cities; because in those games; the buildings are usually mostly for show; whereas I think ZA will mostly likely have explorable buildings again.

Now I saw on deviantart someone came up with an idea for the playable characters. Their idea was to make it as if they were the kids of Calem & Serena.

Huh? Who was banned?

Anyway, I actually have this feeling if ILCA creates another Pokémon game for Fall 2024 that we might have another black Swanna event. Maybe instead of Unova or Johto remakes we get a faithful X and Y remake.

I fear the concept of faithful gen 6 remakes. The BDSP models were meant to look like the sprites (You can judge if that suceeded or not) so since X and Y is already 3d, I fear a faithful remake would look basically identical, just without the 3ds pixelization.

I fear the concept of faithful gen 6 remakes. The BDSP models were meant to look like the sprites (You can judge if that suceeded or not) so since X and Y is already 3d, I fear a faithful remake would look basically identical, just without the 3ds pixelization.
It would essentially be a remaster but with buffs and nerfs introduced afterwards and GTS being removed like in BDSP. PLZ-A being made was probably for the best.

Also Gen 7 could be the theoretical remake but that seems unlikely unless they do a remaster.

My issue with a faithful XY remake is that it really won’t fundamentally change much about my least favorite mainline game. XY honestly had the easiest gym challenge. It’s not a good thing when Wulfric doesn’t have have an ace with 4 moves.

It would essentially be a remaster but with buffs and nerfs introduced afterwards and GTS being removed like in BDSP. PLZ-A being made was probably for the best.

Also Gen 7 could be the theoretical remake but that seems unlikely unless they do a remaster.
My idea for a Sun and Moon remake is for them to adapt the fully open world approach to the game. You can pick at the start of the game which island you start on, and you can do the trials in any order you want. And the levels of wild and trainer Pokémon scale to match how many trials you have beaten.

To be fair Pokemon eggs canonically just... materialize from nothing. That's not just the Daycare center people trying to be pg with the trainer.
I think its less discovering that eggs... exist. And more discovering how to set up an enviroment where eggs WILL form. (I.E. Daycares... or picnics i guess.)

i actually would like a remake of XY, so long as it doesn't get the BDSP treatment. That game deserved a third version, and with a remake it might finally get the polish it needs.

My idea for a Sun and Moon remake is for them to adapt the fully open world approach to the game. You can pick at the start of the game which island you start on, and you can do the trials in any order you want. And the levels of wild and trainer Pokémon scale to match how many trials you have beaten.
I want a revisit to Alola to be a direct sequel that takes place entirely within Ultra Space with an entire dex of UBs.

I love that idea-
I want a revisit to Alola to be a direct sequel that takes place entirely within Ultra Space with an entire dex of UBs.
Oooooh

To be fair Pokemon eggs canonically just... materialize from nothing. That's not just the Daycare center people trying to be pg with the trainer.
I think its less discovering that eggs... exist. And more discovering how to set up an enviroment where eggs WILL form. (I.E. Daycares... or picnics i guess.)
It is 100% being pg, I mean come on. You're telling me two creatures in the same egg group one male and one female are left alone and suddenly an egg that hatches one of their species shows up. "No idea bro, maybe Santa came"

Back
Top Bottom