• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed some of this thread's rules were broken in the last few pages. We discussed the validity of remakes and also the possibility of future D/P remakes. Anyway, should Game Freak release remakes of Red and Blue again, instead of Ruby and Sapphire remakes, how you guys feel about their decision? Yay or nay? By "releasing remakes again", I mean completely new games using the XY engine, not re-releasing Fire Red and Leaf Green for the 3DS Virtual Console.

I just noticed some of this thread's rules were broken in the last few pages. We discussed the validity of remakes and also the possibility of future D/P remakes. Anyway, should Game Freak release remakes of Red and Blue again, instead of Ruby and Sapphire remakes, how you guys feel about their decision? Yay or nay? By "releasing remakes again", I mean completely new games using the XY engine, not re-releasing Fire Red and Leaf Green for the 3DS Virtual Console.

I would think it's a misplacement of priorities, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either. I actually would like to have the original Kanto story with some of the more recent gameplay mechanics, such as the physical-special split. But I would still rather have RSEmakes over RGB re-remakes.

I would honestly rather a remake of Yellow, even though I know it's unlikely. I just like Yellow better than Red and Blue, and why not remake a game that hasn't been remade yet rather than re-remake a game that's already been remade?

That said, of the whole "instead of Ruby and Sapphire remakes" part: HELL NO!! I'm tired of Kanto and Hoenn needs to be revisited ASAP!! In all of X and Y's 3D glory. With MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, and MegaMawile.

I am totally opposed to the idea of Game Freak remaking Yellow, mainly because there are already too many people mixing the game and anime canons, a remake of Yellow would only make things worse. Plus, it was my least favorite Generation I game. So, while I think Kanto was revisited more than enoughs times, I can't help but want to revisit it again, but with XY graphics and with the current improved game mechanics. I just love Kanto region, the music of Kanto, the Gym Leaders, Team Rocket, etc... except for Blue, but hey, nothing is perfect.

Of course, RSEmakes (nice term!) would be satisfy my need for remakes and I do agree that revisiting Hoenn should be the priority. My only issue with RSEmakes not happening is that it would kill any possibility of DPmakes (lol) happening in the following generations. I love Sinnoh as much as I love Kanto and I want to revisit the region in the future, but I guess this isn't the thread (and time) to talk about it.

Anyway, should Game Freak release remakes of Red and Blue again, instead of Ruby and Sapphire remakes, how you guys feel about their decision? Yay or nay? By "releasing remakes again", I mean completely new games using the XY engine, not re-releasing Fire Red and Leaf Green for the 3DS Virtual Console.

I know I say I want sequels a lot, but this would be a situation where we'd definitely need one. Kanto's been featured in every generation up until 5th gen and it's going to take some significant, constructive changes to make it worth going back again. So they'd have to do things like:

-Expanded Kanto Dex including new evolutions as well as new families to balance things out. At the very least they should add more Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel types, probably some more Fairy types as well (it depends on what gets retyped, but I don't think we'll see many more 1st gen Fairies than Clefairy, Jigglypuff, and Sylveon).
-Expansion of the Kanto region to the size of more modern regions. Ideal areas for expansion would be north of Rt. 25 (they could have a cliffside route continuing north from Rt. 25 that would lead to new areas) and maybe more islands to the south.
-Redesign routes where possible to fit with
-Constructive changes to existing areas. GSCHGSS did have some neat ideas (from a storyline perspective) for what happened to Kanto, but those changes were simply used to make Kanto feel more shallow. Most of these changes should be reversed, but some of them could allow interesting changes to the region. For instance, we find out in HGSS that there was a volcanic eruption in Cinnibar Island and most of the town had been destroyed. And it was pretty disappointing that they did that in GSCHGSS, but there's something to be gained from it. We now have a new volcano area, which is even more valuable since it's an environment that we haven't seen in Kanto and would make a great location for some interesting Pokemon (Growlithe/Vulpix, Magmar, Grimer, Koffing, and Rhydon would be right at home here). Aside from that, the House of Memories would make a great replacement for Pokemon Tower if we can explore those hidden underground passages.
-New gym leaders and Elite 4. There's definitely been some changes to the gym roster in Kanto if BW2 is any indication. Sabrina is pursuing a career in Pokestar Studios and probably cannot fulfill her gym leader duties (unless another movie studio opens in Kanto), and Giovanni is in the Kanto Leaders tournament of the PWT for an unknown reason. Furthermore, the gyms locations in past visits to Kanto have been too clustered, they should spread them out some more so they're not one short route apart. So they should put at least one or two new ones in the newer areas.
-Completely new storyline, one in which Team Rocket would prove to be a more significant threat than they were in RBYFRLG and GSCHGSS. They feel utterly harmless compared to later teams. So they need to come up with something with more depth than "take over this area just for the hell of it", that's not really a satisfying enough plot anymore.

there should be no yellow remakes. reason is that it is based on the first season of the anime and reason two is that it was only made to stall for time to make gold and silver.

there should be no yellow remakes. reason is that it is based on the first season of the anime and reason two is that it was only made to stall for time to make gold and silver.

Reason three is that Yellow didn't really add much to RB, there's nothing that Yellow in particular had that would be worth bringing back.

Reason three is that Yellow didn't really add much to RB, there's nothing that Yellow in particular had that would be worth bringing back.

Yup pretty much everything summed up.

I know I say I want sequels a lot, but this would be a situation where we'd definitely need one. Kanto's been featured in every generation up until 5th gen and it's going to take some significant, constructive changes to make it worth going back again. So they'd have to do things like:

-Expanded Kanto Dex including new evolutions as well as new families to balance things out. At the very least they should add more Ghost, Dragon, Dark, and Steel types, probably some more Fairy types as well (it depends on what gets retyped, but I don't think we'll see many more 1st gen Fairies than Clefairy, Jigglypuff, and Sylveon).
-Expansion of the Kanto region to the size of more modern regions. Ideal areas for expansion would be north of Rt. 25 (they could have a cliffside route continuing north from Rt. 25 that would lead to new areas) and maybe more islands to the south.
-Redesign routes where possible to fit with
-Constructive changes to existing areas. GSCHGSS did have some neat ideas (from a storyline perspective) for what happened to Kanto, but those changes were simply used to make Kanto feel more shallow. Most of these changes should be reversed, but some of them could allow interesting changes to the region. For instance, we find out in HGSS that there was a volcanic eruption in Cinnibar Island and most of the town had been destroyed. And it was pretty disappointing that they did that in GSCHGSS, but there's something to be gained from it. We now have a new volcano area, which is even more valuable since it's an environment that we haven't seen in Kanto and would make a great location for some interesting Pokemon (Growlithe/Vulpix, Magmar, Grimer, Koffing, and Rhydon would be right at home here). Aside from that, the House of Memories would make a great replacement for Pokemon Tower if we can explore those hidden underground passages.
-New gym leaders and Elite 4. There's definitely been some changes to the gym roster in Kanto if BW2 is any indication. Sabrina is pursuing a career in Pokestar Studios and probably cannot fulfill her gym leader duties (unless another movie studio opens in Kanto), and Giovanni is in the Kanto Leaders tournament of the PWT for an unknown reason. Furthermore, the gyms locations in past visits to Kanto have been too clustered, they should spread them out some more so they're not one short route apart. So they should put at least one or two new ones in the newer areas.
-Completely new storyline, one in which Team Rocket would prove to be a more significant threat than they were in RBYFRLG and GSCHGSS. They feel utterly harmless compared to later teams. So they need to come up with something with more depth than "take over this area just for the hell of it", that's not really a satisfying enough plot anymore.

Well, sequels to Kanto games already exist technically, but I admit I like the sound of some of your ideas, except for any idea that would potentially break the continuity between Gen I and II games (RBFRLG to GSCHGSS). In the end, I would rather get new remakes with a lot of improvements and a bit of new storyline added here and there, over sequels.

I think a new 3D Red and Blue pair of remakes is a valid idea with the 20th anniversary coming in 2016.

Well, sequels to Kanto games already exist technically, but I admit I like the sound of some of your ideas, except for any idea that would potentially break the continuity between Gen I and II games (RBFRLG to GSCHGSS).

I don't think any of the things I listed would really do that, and a lot of the other changes that would need to be made (Mt. Moon redesign, bring back Silph Co. and Safari Zone) requires little to no explanation.

Seasons in a Hoenn remake would have to be new seasons entirely, as I'm pretty sure Autumn and Winter would not be practical in a tropical environment.

Not going to bother reading the past 203 pages, so I'll just jump in.

As long as the remakes have the Battle Frontier, I have no other worries.

Seasons in a Hoenn remake would have to be new seasons entirely, as I'm pretty sure Autumn and Winter would not be practical in a tropical environment.

You have seasons in tropical environments, it's just that they're divided into rainy and dry seasons.

While there is no snow in tropical environments, rain is almost always present in Winter, so Game Freak could just switch snow for non-stopping rain. I don't see the problem with Autumn, though. That being said, we don't know if seasons would be present in RSEmakes (or even in XY, for that matter).

You have seasons in tropical environments, it's just that they're divided into rainy and dry seasons.

OMG
RAINY=KYOGRE
DRY=GROUDON

:evil: Legit seasons.

rainy and dry season would really work in a remake of RSE. rainy seasons it rains more often blocking certain areas while make some more available. if berries could be plainted in this game they grow best during the rainy season. in the dry season more fire and ground pokemon come out.

Seasons were one of the best advancements Gen V made, I really hope they return in Gen VI regardless of R/S remakes.

On R/S remakes, I'm still not entirely on board with the idea, but I agree that a rainy/dry season would really fit in with the game. Especially considering how the game's storyline revolves around serious changes in the weather and how badly that can affect the world.

Here's what I'm thinking for RS remakes/sequels:

Both remakes and sequels:
-Easy/Challenge Mode available from the start.
-Inclusion of new capture mechanics such as Double Grass, Shaking Spots, Horde Encounters, and whatnot (this would be more useful in RS2, but have some uses in straight remakes such as putting Double Grass in routes such as Rt. 116 and 118 which have different areas accessible in different points in the game).
-Weather affects the area layout and Pokemon distribution much like seasons.
-Possibly some new Mega Evolutions introduced (the remaining starter Megas should definitely be introduced by then, legendary Megas might be better off saved for sequels where they can take the position of sequel mascots). Megas would definitely appear in both, but many of them may be restricted to post game in a straight remake.
-Inclusion of new communication features in the Pokenav: PSS, DW, Wonder Trade, O Powers, etc.
-Data originally swapped by mixing records (such as Secret Bases) would be swapped through Streetpass.
-The bike will probably function more like a normal bike and you would have to use riding Pokemon to clear bike obstacles. If not, I'd like to see an upgradeable bike (as in, you receive a plain bike at first, but later in the game you get an upgrade to it that gives it Mach Bike functionality, and then even later you get an upgrade for the Acro Bike but don't lose the Mach Bike's speed).
-HM obstacles could be reduced and replaced with NPC roadblocks and stuff like in Unova. Smaller ponds such as the ones on Rt. 103 and Rt. 118 could be crossed without Surf by way of a footbridge, the boulders in Rt. 111 and Victory Road would be removed (but not in Rusturf Tunnel since the boulders are there for storyline purposes), etc.
-Altering Cave would be kept (and possibly renamed) and would function like a normal cave.
-Trainer Hill would be superposed as a Super Training facility.
-The Mt. Chimney area would be more interconnected (between Fiery Pass, Magma Hideout, Jagged Pass, and the summit).
-Give Scorched Slab a use beyond holding the TM for Sunny Day.
-Mt. Pyre would be completely redesigned to be less confusing (anyone else thrown for a loop when you figured out you had to go left from the entrance to reach the top?). Instead, the path up the mountain would weave in and out of the mountain much like Mt. Coronet and Mt. Silver.
-Some new areas:

-New areas to explore on Dewford Island continuing from the room in Granite Cave where you meet Steven.
-A new island east of Rt. 109 to explore (you know, the one that's on the map for no reason).
-More areas east of Evergrande City

-Evergrande City would also be more populated than just a Pokemon Center (seriously, how does this qualify as a city in the originals? There's nothing there but a Pokemon Center).
-The longer stretches of water routes (Rt. 107-109 and 126-131) would be full of shallows and islands to make the Surfing less long, monotonous, and confusing to navigate.
-Regigigas would be catchable after the other three Regis are caught.
-Battle Frontier expanded into a larger post game area, the other areas being accessible by Surfing around the area near Artisan Cave.

Straight remakes:

-A few changes to the Hoenn Dex. Currently, there are 9 new evolutions to existing Hoenn Dex Pokemon (Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade, Dusknoir, Chingling, Rhyperior, and Froslass), so if there are no more formal evolutions in 6th gen, they can simply add in Regigigas and make it an even 210 (212 if you include Jirachi and Deoxys).
-Inclusion of Emerald plot elements. This would include the following changes:

-Team Magma and Team Aqua would alternate storyline events.
-Magma Hideout would be accessible.
-Sky Pillar would be required in order to awaken Rayquaza, but would then be blocked off again until defeating the Elite 4.
-Scott would appear throughout the storyline and the Battle Frontier would be accessible post game.

-More rival battles to provide a sense of coherency in their storylines (in other words, so it doesn't feel like Brendan/May drop out for no reason and then Wally takes over out of the blue).
-Gym leader/Elite 4 rosters:

Roxanne: Geodude Lv. 13, Nosepass Lv. 15 (Easy/Normal Mode) Geodude Lv. 16, Aron Lv. 16, Nosepass Lv. 18 (Challenge Mode)
Brawly: Machop Lv. 17, Meditite Lv. 17, Makuhita Lv. 19 (Easy/Normal Mode) Machop Lv. 19, Meditite Lv. 20, Heracross Lv. 20, Makuhita Lv. 22 (Challenge Mode)
Wattson: Pikachu Lv. 21, Voltorb Lv. 22, Magneton Lv. 22, Manectric Lv. 24 (Easy/Normal Mode) Pikachu Lv. 24, Voltorb Lv. 24, Chinchou Lv. 25, Magneton Lv. 25, Manectric Lv. 27(Challenge Mode)
Flannery: Slugma Lv. 27, Numel Lv. 28, Torkoal Lv. 28, Camerupt Lv. 30 (Easy/Normal Mode) Slugma Lv. 31, Numel Lv. 31, Vulpix Lv. 32, Torkoal Lv. 32, Camerupt Lv. 34 (Challenge Mode)
Norman: Linoone Lv. 29, Vigoroth Lv. 30, Spinda Lv. 30, Slaking Lv. 32 (Easy/Normal Mode) Linoone Lv. 33, Vigoroth Lv. 33, Spinda Lv. 34, Zangoose Lv. 34, Slaking Lv. 36 (Challenge Mode)
Winona: Tropius Lv. 32, Swellow Lv. 32, Pelipper Lv. 33, Skarmory Lv. 33, Altaria Lv. 35 (Easy/Normal Mode) Tropius Lv. 35, Swellow Lv. 35, Pelipper Lv. 36, Crobat Lv. 36, Skarmory Lv. 36, Altaria Lv. 38 (Challenge Mode)
Tate and Liza: Xatu Lv. 40, Claydol Lv. 40, Lunatone Lv. 42, Solrock Lv. 42 (Easy/Normal Mode) Xatu Lv. 43, Claydol Lv. 43, Grumpig Lv. 44, Alakazam Lv. 44, Lunatone Lv. 46, Solrock Lv. 46 (Challenge Mode)
Wallace: Luvdisc Lv. 43, Seaking Lv. 43, Whiscash Lv. 44, Sealeo Lv. 44, Milotic Lv. 46 (Easy/Normal Mode) Luvdisc Lv. 47, Seaking Lv. 47, Whiscash Lv. 48, Sealeo Lv. 48, Kingdra Lv. 48, Milotic Lv. 50 (Challenge Mode)
Sidney: Mightyena Lv. 47, Shiftry Lv. 47, Cacturne Lv. 48, Crawdaunt Lv. 48, Absol Lv. 50 (Easy/Normal Mode) Mightyena Lv. 52, Shiftry Lv. 52, Cacturne Lv. 53, Crawdaunt Lv. 53, Sharpedo Lv. 53, Absol/MegaAbsol Lv. 55 (Challenge Mode)
Phoebe: Sableye Lv. 49, Dusclops Lv. 49, Banette Lv. 50, Banette Lv. 50, Dusclops Lv. 52 (Easy/Normal Mode) Sableye Lv. 54, Dusclops Lv. 54, Shedinja Lv. 55, Banette Lv. 55, Banette Lv. 55, Dusknoir Lv. 57 (Challenge Mode)
Glacia: Sealeo Lv. 52, Sealeo Lv. 52, Glalie Lv. 53, Glalie Lv. 53, Walrein Lv. 55 (Easy/Normal Mode) Sealeo Lv. 57, Sealeo Lv. 57, Glalie Lv. 58, Glalie Lv. 58, Froslass Lv. 58, Walrein Lv. 60 (Challenge Mode) (See where having new families comes in handy, guys?)
Drake: Shelgon Lv. 54, Altaria Lv. 54, Flygon Lv. 55, Flygon Lv. 55, Salamence Lv. 57 (Easy/Normal Mode) Shelgon Lv. 59, Altaria Lv. 59, Flygon Lv. 60, Flygon Lv. 60, Kingdra Lv. 60, Salamence Lv. 62 (Challenge Mode)
Steven: Skarmory Lv. 57, Claydol Lv. 57, Cradily Lv. 58, Armaldo Lv. 58, Aggron Lv. 58, Metagross Lv. 60 (Easy/Normal Mode) Skarmory Lv. 62, Claydol/MegaMawile Lv. 62, Cradily Lv. 63, Armaldo Lv. 63, Aggron Lv. 63, Metagross Lv. 65 (Challenge Mode)

-A few subtle changes to the distribution:

-Existing swarm Pokemon (Skitty and Surskit) would be available normally either through a new capture mechanic or simply as a rare Pokemon.
-Chingling now catchable in Rusturf Tunnel and Meteor Falls.
-Zubat can also be found in Rusturf Tunnel.
-Meditite would be available earlier in the game, maybe as early as Granite Cave, but no later than the Mt. Chimney area).
-Absol is found in the outdoor area of Mt. Pyre in addition to Rt. 120.

Sequels:

Upgraded Hoenn Dex, to about 300 Pokemon. Some Pokemon I'd consider adding:

-Dwebble: Several beachside areas: Rt. 104S, Rt. 115, Rt. 106 and 107 (through Rock Smash)
-Magby (Ruby 2 exclusive) and Elekid (Sapphire 2 exclusive). Both are only catchable in corresponding weather conditions (Magby during strong sunlight, Elekid when it's raining): Rt. 117, Rt. 118, Rt. 114, Rt. 121
-Flabebe: Rt. 117, Rt. 118
-Growlithe: Rt. 117, Rt. 112, Rt. 114 (Sunny weather only, forms a version exclusive pair with Vulpix)
-Gligar: Rt. 111-114
-Vullaby/Rufflet: Rt. 111-113
-Sandile: Rt. 111 Desert
-Emolga: Rt. 114, Rt. 110, Rt. 121
-Gible: Desert Underpass, Mirage Tower
-Ferroseed: Rt. 110
-Helioptile: Rt. 110
-Joltik: New Mauville
-Frillish: Rt. 108, Rt. 122, Rt. 127, Rt. 128
-Riolu: Granite Cave
-Drifloon: Rt. 121, Mt. Pyre Summit
-Yanma: Rt. 119, Rt. 120
-Skorupi: Rt. 119, Rt. 120
-Litwick: Mt. Pyre
-Remoraid: Rt. 124-128
-Mantine: Rt. 124-128
-Lapras: Rt. 125
-Beartic: Shoal Cave
-Skrelp/Clauncher: Underwater
-Mienfoo: Sky Pillar
-Druddigon Sky Pillar, Victory Road

New Storyline path (note that there is some leeway here, but I have a general idea for this worked out):

-It can still start in Littleroot Town, but follow a different path as the game goes on. I was thinking start in Littleroot Town, go to Rt. 102 (the footprint guy will be blocking Rt. 103 instead of Rt. 102 this time) and Petalburg City where you will meet Team Magma/Aqua for the first time. They then flee to Altering Cave. You need to backtrack to Oldale Town and then go to Rt. 103 and wind your way to Altering Cave where you defeat them (also note that Rt. 110 would be blocked off at this point). This allows you access to an early game cave, and some Fighting types, which you'll need up next.
-Backtrack to Petalburg City for your first gym battle against Norman. His team would be something along the lines of: Zigzagoon Lv. 13, Slakoth Lv. 15 (Easy/Normal Mode) Zigzagoon Lv. 15, Taillow Lv. 15, Slakoth Lv. 17 (Challenge Mode)
-Proceed to Rustboro City for the 2nd gym battle against Roxanne. Her team would be something like: Geodude Lv. 16, Dwebble Lv. 17, Nosepass Lv. 19 (Easy/Normal Mode) Geodude Lv. 19, Dwebble Lv. 20, Aron Lv. 20, Nosepass Lv. 22 (Challenge Mode). The Pokenav would be obtained sometime by the time you beat Roxanne (not exactly sure how and why you'd get one in this game).
-The storyline diverges from the original at this point. Mr. Briney is no longer at his cottage and Rusturf Tunnel is open and in use since the first game. So instead of backtracking to Rt. 104 and taking a boat to Dewford, you would continue through Rusturf Tunnel to Verdanturf and proceed to Mauville City.
-Wattson has retired as gym leader at this point. Not sure if the gym should simply be removed or if another person (maybe his grandson/granddaughter) should take over. Either way, there's no gym battle waiting for you at this point in the game.
-The game opens up a bit around this point in the game. You can go to Rt. 118 and catch some Pokemon there, but like with the original, you cannot progress without Surf. You can also optionally visit Rt. 110 and Slateport City, but you can't go any further than that for the time being. To progress with the storyline, you need to continue north to Rt. 111.
-Instead of going up the Cable Car to Mt. Chimney, the cliffs blocking the way to Lavaridge Town can be climbed both ways, allowing you to walk to Lavaridge Town (the reason for this being so Mt. Chimney can be saved until later in the game for a late game Team Magma encounter). You can battle Flannery as soon as you arrive. Her team would be something like this: Slugma Lv. 22, (5th or 6th gen Fire type) Lv. 23, Torkoal Lv. 25 (Easy/Normal Mode) Slugma Lv. 25, (5th or 6th gen Fire type) Lv. 26, Vulpix Lv. 26, Torkoal Lv. 28 (Challenge Mode).
-Not sure what to do with the section north of Lavaridge, it would probably be either a Team Magma event after beating Flannery or a post game area. Also, Mirage Tower is still accessible, but has sunk underground and is accessible from the top down. Could also possibly connect to Desert Underpass.
-After beating Flannery, you need to go to Slateport City and fight Team Aqua. After defeating them, you get the HM for Surf.
-If the Mauville Gym is still in operation, you can now challenge it at this point in time. First, you would have to go to New Mauville and meet the new gym leader (and help him/her with a problem there) and then he/she will return to the gym. The gym roster would be something like: Voltorb Lv. 30, Magneton Lv. 31, Helioptile/Helioptile evolution Lv. 31, Manectric Lv. 33 (Easy/Normal mode) Voltorb Lv. 33, Emolga Lv. 33, Magneton Lv. 34, Helioptile/Helioptile evolution Lv. 34, Manectric Lv. 36 (Challenge Mode).
-You will now need to Surf straight to Dewford. Once there, you will encounter Team Magma in Granite Cave and need to defeat them. After doing so, you can fight Brawly. His team would resemble this: Machoke Lv. 34, Medicham Lv. 35, (6th gen Fighting type) Lv. 35, Hariyama Lv. 37 (Easy/Normal mode) Machoke Lv. 38, Medicham Lv. 38, (6th gen Fighting type) Lv. 39, Lucario Lv. 39, Hariyama Lv. 41 (Challenge Mode).
-If you try to go to Rt. 119 like the last game, the path there will be blocked to keep the next section of the game more fresh. To progress, you need to go back to Slateport and take a boat to Lilycove City and then work your way back to Fortree City. You can fight Winona straight away, and her team would look something like this: Tropius Lv. 39, Swellow Lv. 40, Skarmory Lv. 40, Altaria Lv. 42 (Easy/Normal Mode) Tropius Lv. 43, Swellow Lv. 43, Skarmory Lv. 44, Drifblim Lv. 44, Altaria Lv. 46.
-Possibly a Team Magma/Aqua event in Weather Institute, but for the most part, Rt. 119 would be optional.
-From here, the rest of the game plays similarly to Emerald in terms of storyline path, you need to go to Mt. Pyre, raid Magma and Aqua Hideout, explore Seafloor Cavern, awaken Rayquaza at the top of Sky Pillar for the storyline, defeat the last few gym leaders (possibly with some different ones), and then challenge the League.
-The plot with Team Magma/Aqua would end something like this:
-The last several gym leaders and Elite 4, assuming they stay the same (which I doubt, but I'm going with this anyway since most of these trainers would probably be battleable in some way), would look something like this:

Tate and Liza: Lunatone Lv. 43, Solrock Lv. 43, Gardevoir Lv. 45, Gallade Lv. 45 (Easy/Normal Mode) Lunatone Lv. 46, Solrock Lv. 46, Xatu Lv. 47, Claydol Lv. 47, Gardevoir Lv. 49, Gallade Lv. 49 (Challenge Mode).
Wallace: Luvdisc Lv. 47, Whiscash Lv. 47, Sealeo Lv. 48, Jellicent Lv. 48, Milotic Lv. 50 (Easy/Normal Mode) Luvdisc Lv. 51, Whiscash Lv. 51,Sealeo Lv. 52, Lapras Lv. 52, Jellicent Lv. 52, Milotic Lv. 54 (Challenge Mode).
Sidney: Mightyena Lv. 53, Cacturne Lv. 53, Sharpedo Lv. 54, Krookodile Lv. 54, MegaAbsol Lv. 56 (Easy/Normal Mode) Mightyena Lv. 57, Cacturne Lv. 57, Sharpedo Lv. 58, Krookodile Lv. 58, Drapion Lv. 58, MegaAbsol Lv. 60 (Challenge Mode).
Phoebe: Sableye Lv. 55, Banette Lv. 55, Drifblim Lv. 56, Jellicent Lv. 56, Dusknoir Lv. 58 (Easy/Normal Mode) Sableye Lv. 59, Shedinja Lv. 59, Banette Lv. 60, Drifblim Lv. 60, Jellicent Lv. 60, Dusknoir Lv. 62 (Challenge Mode).
Glacia: Glalie Lv. 56, Froslass Lv. 56, Beartic Lv. 57, Lapras Lv. 57, Walrein Lv. 59 (Easy/Normal Mode) Glalie Lv. 60, Froslass Lv. 60, Beartic Lv. 61, Vanilluxe Lv. 61, Lapras Lv. 61, Walrein Lv. 63 (Challenge Mode).
Drake: Druddigon Lv. 58, Altaria Lv. 58, Flygon Lv. 59, Garchomp Lv. 59, Salamence Lv. 61 (Easy/Normal Mode) Druddigon Lv. 62, Altaria Lv. 63, Flygon Lv. 63, Kingdra Lv. 63, Garchomp Lv. 63, Salamence Lv. 65 (Challenge Mode).
Steven: Skarmory Lv. 62, MegaMawile Lv. 62, Cradily Lv. 63, Armaldo Lv. 63, Aggron Lv. 63, Metagross Lv. 65 (Easy/Normal Mode) Skarmory Lv. 66, MegaMawile Lv. 66, Cradily Lv. 67, Armaldo Lv. 67, Aggron Lv. 67, Metagross Lv. 69 (Challenge Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom