• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Rhythm-Action Game?

Yay or nay on the idea?

• Yay.

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Neigh.

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Crankyman

=д=
Reaction score
Seeing how Pokemon has cornered the photography-sim market (OH SNAP), why isn't there a decent Pokemon game based around music? Such a predicament makes my woeful life much harder to bear, you know. ;_;

Edit:
Oh, for those of you who don't know what Elite Beat Agents is? Here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DpqFCOHmqvY

Last edited:
I don't know. Donkey Konga and DDR: Mario Mix seemed like rather lackluster games, so I don't know if a Pokémon music game would be any better.

I don't know. Donkey Konga and DDR: Mario Mix seemed like rather lackluster games, so I don't know if a Pokémon music game would be any better.
Have you ever heard of iNiS? They made Elite Beat Agents, Gitaroo Man, and the Ouendan series. Their games are way more fun than DDR or Donkey Konga series... A Pokemon game built on the EBA/Ouendan game formula would be awesome.

The problem is the rather limited amount of music you could work into such game. Especially since none of the Japanese anime music has ever been licensed outside of Japan.

They don't have to limit themselves to Pokemon songs.

Don't see why we couldn't have Pokemon dancing to Michael Jackson or Bon Jovi.

He he he, it'd actually make an interesting Wii ware game to have a pokemon concert like game where you play as Pikachu, Meowth, or Piplup as a conductor (Because they'd never make a game solely with kricketune) and you play through conducted pokemon music, with certain pokemon making the music in the background (like Kricketot, Kricketune, and Farfetch'd doing string work, Whispmer, Loudred, and Exploud doing wind works, and Clefairy and Jigglypuff lines singing chorus. Maybe some more pokemon too)
I guess for gameplay you can match the movements or points in a symbol while keeping the waving in movement of music.

They could even release expansion packs that go beyond the symphonic pokemon music into the kids songs, Anime Themes, and game music bgm. That sounds pretty interesting... and easy enough for Ambrella to do...

well I'd prefer to have an Elite Beat Agents 2 instead of a pokemon version but anything using the Ouendan game engine would probably be worth the $. Of course I still need to import Ouendan 2 ><. I heard they were making a looney Tunes game based on the Ouendan engine so it probably wouldn't be that much of a stretch to see a Pokemon version.

Well pretty much it can be battle oriented whilst you try to control the rhythms and whatnot and depending on whether or not you do well with the tune you fail or win the battle...

In Regigigas Groove Adventure for the Nintendo Wii, you'd utilize either the Balance Board or normal Wii Controller to dance your way through an extensive storyline with Regge G. Groove, a Regigigas who hangs out around Beat City.

Level 1: "Dance Dance Craze" - Everybody Dance Now by Freedom Williams
Regge visits his usual dance site, Club Loud Rad, for the tutorial level. Afterwards, he gets a call from his friend Professor Kamon Senzu, who wants to show him his latest invention.

Level 2: "Robo Rumble" - Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto by Styx
Professor Senzu, a Probopass, reveals his dance robot, Registeel. Regge decides to have a test run with the machine, but it begins to run amok through the city!

Level 3: "Robo Rumble Part 2" - Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto by Styx (Fast Version)
Regge battles Registeel in a high speed chase down the highway...who will win in this fight? Meanwhile, a group of nasty Magnemite and Magnezone join in!

Level 4: "Party for the Hero" - Let the Music Play by Shannon
Regge, and the tamed Registeel who has become his dance partner, receive an invite to a party hosted by the lovely Lopunny, Lilly Vanilly. Unfortunately, some Lombre try to take her off!

Level 5: "The Dream" - Get Into the Groove by Madonna
Regge, who has been knocked out by crooks, recalls his training of dance in the mountains from his teacher, the Medicham, Medidonna.

Level 6: "Breaking In" - Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson
Waking up, Regge learns that Lilly was captured by Ludi Chris, a Ludicolo crime boss who owns the Caliente Bar! Him and Registeel break in to save Lilly, who Ludi wants to marry!

Level 7: "Crime Boss Battle" - You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi
Regge and Ludi have a dance battle to determine who gets Lilly! But, Ludi doesn't plan on playing fair! Meanwhile, Registeel tries to sneak Lilly out.

Level 8: "We Meet Again!" - Can't Touch This by MC Hammer
Notorious Beadull, a Beadull rapper who is a rival and friend of Regge, arrives just in time to save Regge and Lilly from Ludi's goons. However, as they escape they are chased by Ludi's entire gang!

Level 9: "A Date!" - Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
Regge and Lilly go on a date, but can Regge keep up with the funloving Lilly! Meanwhile, a dark shadow lurks behind them...waiting.

Level 10: "Gravyard Groove" - Thriller by Michael Jackson
A group of ghost Pokemon abduct Lilly while they cross a graveyard. However, Regge discovers the ghosts are easily tamed by dancing, and tries to get on their good side.

Level 11: "Time Travel" - 1999 by Prince
While trying out a time machine, Professor Senzu accidently sends Regge back in time to the dinosaur age! However, a Regirock is being attacked by some fossil Pokemon and Regge needs to help him!

Level 12: "The Search For Member 3" - Manic Monday by The Bangles
Regge learns that Regirock and Registeel, who secretly Professor Senzu didn't make but found, are part of a legendary dancing trio! Regge goes to search for the final member who apparently resides in Mt. Coldheart. He goes on a journey to get there, but runs into many problems!

Level 13: "The Enclosed Chamber" - Disco Inferno by The Trammps
Regge finds Regice, the last member, but he's sealed in a huge block of ice. Regge goes to ask for help from Fire Pokemon, and they combine toghether to try and melt the ice.

Level 14: "The Trio is Gathered!" - Turn the Beat Around by Gloria Estefan
Regge has gathered the legendary trio! However, the ice being melted also woke up a monstrous creature known as Heatran! The four must calm the monster down, so they test out their dancing combination!

Level 15: "The Legend of Dance" - Carry on My Wayward Son by Kansas
Regge, who found the Legendary Drum when he defeated Heatran, has a vision from Cresselia which he discovers he is the Legendary Dance Master, and must journey and collect the other Legendary Instruments to save the earth from a dark force, Giratina!

Level 16: "Farewell" - Fast Car by Tracy Chapman
Lilly and the rest of Beat City hear of Regge's and the Regis mission, and wish him luck and Senzu develops a map to find the other 6 instruments. Lilly spends one last night with Regge, as they drive around Beat City.

More later.

I had always thought a video game based on the Meowth's Party song could be pretty cool...though it would probably wind up being a lot like Guitar Hero.

So I'm still going to have to say a Pokemon Rhythm Game has potential.

Habunake, you have to include "Express Yourself" by N.W.A. in there somewhere. D:

swing your arms from side to side, come on its time to go do the mario! take one step and then again do the mario all together now!
you got it
its the mario!
come on now
JUST
THAT

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom