• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

It's worth noting with that japanese overview trailer we just got.
Pla had a similar situation where the english overview trailer happened later than the japanese one. However the English one had different footage and was longer, same thing might happen here.

5:30 Japanese overview trailer with a handful of new and alternate shots. Nothing ground breaking.

Edit:

There's also this...

Sneaking is back.

Holy uncanny valley Giratina ... Florian's selfie is nightmare fuel. What were they thinking modeling his literal teeth?

Holy uncanny valley Giratina ... Florian's selfie is nightmare fuel. What were they thinking modeling his literal teeth?
It's not really uncanny valley if a cheerful smile would look weird without teeth at the angle.

It would be more uncanny valley if his mouth was just a black void or worse, overly detailed to where you can see his uvula and tonsils.

It's weird, even though we could mostly go everywhere we could see in Pokemon Legends Arceus, I never truly got the feeling of, "This whole world is my oyster, if I see an area, I can go to it" despite the fact that this was pretty much the case, save for the map limits of course. But just watching these latest gameplay trailers, Scarlet and Violet are definitely giving me these vibes. Paldea truly feels limitless, and I am so incredibly excited and ready to sink hours of exploration into this vast world.

It's weird, even though we could mostly go everywhere we could see in Pokemon Legends Arceus, I never truly got the feeling of, "This whole world is my Cloyster, if I see an area, I can go to it" despite the fact that this was pretty much the case, save for the map limits of course. But just watching these latest gameplay trailers, Scarlet and Violet are definitely giving me these vibes. Paldea truly feels limitless, and I am so incredibly excited and ready to sink hours of exploration into this vast world.

FIXED IT FOR YOU

I just went and pre-ordered Pokemon Violet myself. It better be worth the $64.99 from Amazon, considering I went with the 30-day free prime trial just to avoid shipping costs, otherwise it would have been $70. something cents total. But looking forward to playing it, haven't bought anything related to Pokemon since I wasted money on Legends of Arceus. To me, the game backdrop looks good but as far as this seemingly three path open world concept thing they seem to be bringing over from Arceus, we'll see how it compares.

Hi, this may be a bit off from the game release topic of the discussion, but I noticed an ocean 'route' seemingly going off the eastern part of the detailed map of Paldea. I speculate that this might be a link to a DLC in North Africa. Here is an image of the detailed map, the ocean 'route' I noticed is in the lower right corner, below the red cliffs, and directly adjacent to a sandy beach:
1667604354781.png

Uh oh, looks like we got another Meltan situation. A new coin Pokemon is appearing in GO. We actually saw it hidden behind the UI in the trailer from last month.
I can confirm it, along with Jacq making an appearance. Some PokéStops turn gold after the Dratini Community Day Classic, and spinning the first leads to a cutscene involving Professor Willow and Jacq speaking about coins (currently programmed in-game as ?????? Coin). Then the new Pokémon starts following you, and spinning the Golden PokéStops leads to more items than usual. Unlike with the Ditto disguised as Meltan back in 2018, this Pokémon cannot be caught.

I'm not sure how long this event lasts for. The maximum amount of Paldean Coin you can acquire from the Golden PokéStops is 100.

UPDATE: We got ourselves a chest, which is believed to be link to the teaser in GO.

Last edited:
I just watched the chest open when it finally reached 999 coins a few moments ago. The new Pokémon is called Gimmighoul, and is a Ghost-type with Rattled as its ability. It is the same Pokémon that appeared in GO.

Gimmighoul has two forms: Chest Form, and Roaming Form.

Back
Top Bottom