• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Once they announce a pokemon game, it all be over, though we probably going to discuss next years pokemon game also. If they don't announce anything before the E3, then this will be a problem. Since the Corocoro leak on the movie, maybe we'll get something after the 15th regarding to the upcoming game

It's a drag waiting, but I'm sure we'll get info soon. If there's nothing before E3...then I don't think we'll see a release this year.

I'm thinking that there may be a possibility that *if* there were going to be a new game in the main series, either as a sequel, third version, or remake, that they may wait until after the movie is released to avoid stealing any thunder that the movie may have....*

*this is probably the first Pokemon movie ever that I haven't been overly enthusiastic about wanting to see.

First off, Verlisify should already be a red flag that this video may be full of... (insert derogatory term for a cow's poop). Thankfully there isn't really too much speculation in this video
Second, I personally think we covered most of what is said in the video, and that a good amount of it is also kinda irrelevant to what we are arguing.

IMO, I don't think they'll announce the game at the release of the movie, that doesn't work that way at all, They always announce the game like third game/sequel and remake around May, they don't know announce it at e3 or july. Yes the Movies always promote the next game like Pokemon Giratina and Sky Warrior promoted Pokemon Platinum in 2008. But they're a lot of speculation on which game we'll get, judging by the Movie trailer, They think that we're getting a kanto sequel because it's a retelling story of Kanto, In the Trailer, we did see two popular sinnoh pokemon Piplup and Lucario speculating that Sinnoh Remake are on the way, finally we did see Incineroar in the trailer also, speculating that alola sequel might be here also. Tbh, I don't know what game we'll get and why are the pokemon company are holding the announcement, is GF trying to surprise us something, I don't think it's a third game to Sun/Moon, tbh, I rather play a new story rather than the same story but with different materials, plus they pull the same stunt with Gray and Z instead we got sequel to black/white and nothing for X/Y. I know GF ar going to surprise us with a new game, that's the reason why they're holding back the announcement, but what pokemon game are we not expecting for GF to announce maybe Kanto/Johto Sequel, Sinnoh Sequel, Alola Sequel? Because a Sinnoh remake would be too obvious, unless they are convinced that DP had a lot of hints and reference through the past games and Sun/Moon. As for "Stars" (a third game to Sun/Moon), I don't think it's smart to go back to third game, especially putting it on a new system.

Last edited:
We're talking about gap years... As in years which only had spin-off games.

SMD was announced in late May. I see no reason why that can't apply to a main series game this year. If we get a spin-off game instead, then so be it, but it is too early to say that the likelihood has changed.

We still have a month left before E3. Nothing says that an announcement will only be made there and then.
Because Nintendo already announced there E3 plans meaning probably no may direct. The only other possibility for a mainline game is if they announce it in a similar vein as Oras.

Yeah it's possible but we're pretty low on probable time.

@BlindCaptainDrip if the writing is on the wall I will admit I was wrong but given the name of this thread (and the poll) I think I'm the one in the minority. Also don't think I'm wrong for the reasons I repeated I don't think it's worth it for Gamefreak to make a switch game before gen VIII. However if there is a third version called Stars I will not admit defeat because that isn't the part of stars I object to. I object to the idea that that Gamefreak will change platforms midgen or blur make a gen 6.5 7.5 etc.

If the do make a third version I hope they give us different starter(s). Maybe since the main character is from Kanto maybe they can do what the Orre games did just have you start with a Pokemon as soon as you begin the game.
I think the really negative backlash against stars was mainly in the Rumors, Fakes Leaks Discussion thread. This thread for stars was created after some of the detractors changed their tune on the rumors. But look back in the Rumors thread December onwards and it's pretty entertaining. Lots of hard flip flopping to now :)

GameXplain & Serebii did an interesting video on the topic a few days ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8sSlKPJ7gQ&t=616s

I get what Mr Merrick is saying. We haven't had back to back break years in the main series since Gen 3 - Gen 4. Looking at the series as a whole, with jp releases, it's like this:

• 1996 - R/G & B
  • 1997 - Nothing
  • 1998 - Yellow
  • 1999 - G/S
  • 2000 - Crystal
  • 2001 - Nothing
  • 2002 - R/S
  • 2003 - Nothing
  • 2004 - FR/LG & E
  • 2005 - Nothing
  • 2006 - D/P
  • 2007 - Nothing
  • 2008 - Platinum
  • 2009 - HG/SS
  • 2010 - B/W
  • 2011 - Nothing
  • 2012 - B2/W2
  • 2013 - X/Y
  • 2014 - ORAS
  • 2015 - Nothing
  • 2016 - S/M
Now, D/P took a little longer in development than expected and were originally slated for a late 2004/2005 release so it was not too far away from the DS launch, so the release pattern around that time probably not what GF had originally intended. Nevertheless, since the years either side of the release of D/P, there has not been a release sandwiched between break years. But who knows with GF anymore?

I get what Mr Merrick is saying. We haven't had back to back break years in the main series since Gen 3 - Gen 4. Looking at the series as a whole, with jp releases, it's like this:

• 1996 - R/G & B
  • 1997 - Nothing
  • 1998 - Yellow
  • 1999 - G/S
  • 2000 - Crystal
  • 2001 - Nothing
  • 2002 - R/S
  • 2003 - Nothing
  • 2004 - FR/LG & E
  • 2005 - Nothing
  • 2006 - D/P
  • 2007 - Nothing
  • 2008 - Platinum
  • 2009 - HG/SS
  • 2010 - B/W
  • 2011 - Nothing
  • 2012 - B2/W2
  • 2013 - X/Y
  • 2014 - ORAS
  • 2015 - Nothing
  • 2016 - S/M
Now, D/P took a little longer in development than expected and were originally slated for a late 2004/2005 release so it was not too far away from the DS launch, so the release pattern around that time probably not what GF had originally intended. Nevertheless, since the years either side of the release of D/P, there has not been a release sandwiched between break years. But who knows with GF anymore?
So what do this means fro the upcoming pokemon game will we get another game this year or we'll get a break year and get a pokemon game in 2018?

So what do this means fro the upcoming pokemon game will we get another game this year or we'll get a break year and get a pokemon game in 2018?

No idea, but the history suggests they'll want to avoid a break year to capitalize on the hype built by the new gen last year. We'll know by the end of this month or at a stretch, by the end of E3. There are no certainties in this situation, but I'd like some confirmation either way, the suspense is killing me.

• 1996 - R/G & B
  • 1997 - Nothing
  • 1998 - Yellow
  • 1999 - G/S
  • 2000 - Crystal
  • 2001 - Nothing
  • 2002 - R/S
  • 2003 - Nothing
  • 2004 - FR/LG & E
  • 2005 - Nothing
  • 2006 - D/P
  • 2007 - Nothing
  • 2008 - Platinum
  • 2009 - HG/SS
  • 2010 - B/W
  • 2011 - Nothing
  • 2012 - B2/W2
  • 2013 - X/Y
  • 2014 - ORAS
  • 2015 - Nothing
  • 2016 - S/M
No idea, but the history suggests they'll want to avoid a break year to capitalize on the hype built by the new gen last year. We'll know by the end of this month or at a stretch, by the end of E3. There are no certainties in this situation, but I'd like some confirmation either way, the suspense is killing me.
Yea maybe when in E3 next mouth they announce Pokémon Stars Gen 4 remakes & GSC on Eshop all will come out this year.

Yea maybe when in E3 next mouth they announce Pokémon Stars Gen 4 remakes & GSC on Eshop all will come out this year.
They don't usually announce the pokemon during the E3, they always announce it in May, We still got the entire month of May to figure what we'll get.

I agree with Serebii, I doubt we're seeing another break year given their past. Especially when we just had a new generation, the next game should be fairly lighter on work since it's based off an existing engine.

I agree with Serebii, I doubt we're seeing another break year given their past. Especially when we just had a new generation, the next game should be fairly lighter on work since it's based off an existing engine.
True, but I wonder what's hold Pokemon Company back to announce a pokemon game, they do like to surprise, so I don't know what the game will be?

I'm thinking that there may be a possibility that *if* there were going to be a new game in the main series, either as a sequel, third version, or remake, that they may wait until after the movie is released to avoid stealing any thunder that the movie may have....

Or they could be like watch the movie for teasers etc.

Just curious was there a similar thread for Z back in Generation 6? I'd like to read that heh.

Other than a rumor that bases it's entire basis on GF's past actions (lol), there is no telling what could happen this year. We can have a 3rd game, sequel, Sinnoh remake, Kanto sequel, or no game at all.

Well the rumor isn't based on past actions of GF, it's based on Eurogamer's supposed sources saying that a game is coming. Given Eurogamer's track record I don't think that they'd be totally wrong here. The info they were given or even just the article they wrote may be miss leading, but I doubt they were lied to about a game coming in the very near future. It is true that we really don't know what the game under code name "Stars" could end up being tho.

Back
Top Bottom