• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sunday and Oha Suta Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Sunday Discussion Thread

Aahh this is great. Would have loved a few more seconds, or a visit to the Pokémon center, but we can't have everything. Still some really cool stuff to talk about. Like the glowing gateway that Dorian pointed out. Also billboards. Squueeee

city.png

I screenied this for one purpose, and that is that I noticed the top of the skyscraper that has the pokecenter at it's base. Is that a Pika billboard?

Yeah, I think so. =3

city.png

I screenied this for one purpose, and that is that I noticed the top of the skyscraper that has the pokecenter at it's base. Is that a Pika billboard?
Yes. And here's the other side of the billboard (note, not my image):

starters.png

Ignore the notations. It's quite clear the 3 Pokemon are Chikorita, Pikachu, and Piplup.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the billboard could be digital (and thus be rotating images) or there are more around the city.

city.png

I'm 99.9% sure. The other .1% is the possibility that I'm just seeing things.

Nice shot of the city map, too. It's designed like a wheel, how fitting.

What I think is kinda weird is that, going by the map, the city is almost completely surrounded by water. I'm wondering whether it is a complete island city only accessible by boat, or if there's just one large route connecting this place to 'the mainland.'

The music's not game music; that's a remix of the Johto Wild Pokémon Theme and is probably just playing on the TV show.

You know what I think? I think the bridge ends at that "gate". There was a city in the background of the bridge...

The music's not game music; that's a remix of the Johto Wild Pokémon Theme and is probably just playing on the TV show.

That's not the music we mean; listen between 0:07 and 0:22, underneath the talking.

I just wish the video showed the character changing direction and taking the road into the city, if that's possible.

Yes. And here's the other side of the billboard (note, not my image):

starters.png

Ignore the notations. It's quite clear the 3 Pokemon are Chikorita, Pikachu, and Piplup.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the billboard could be digital (and thus be rotating images) or there are more around the city.

It will feel a bit awkward that those billboards are 3D digital images that look better than the actual in-game Pokémon (i.e. when you battle), but at least that gives the city more life.

I don't want to sound cocky, but the footage doesn't surprise me at all. Ever since the first time I saw that screenshot, going by the 2D sprites I knew we will still be limited to 4direction walking with no diagonal movement, so I supposed the camera would rotate to let us walk diagonally without your character doing the diagonal, but the camera instead (a similar effect already happens: in Hurdle Dash you're supposed to run in circles, but your Pokémon sprites only move left or right, it's the camera which follows the circunference). Thus, I'm glad to see my hypothesis was true.

What did surpise me was the music. Those 10 seconds we got sounded beautiful, everything I would like from a coastal city. I love dit, and I still consider it unique. To me, that tune wasn't very Pokémonish, instead it reminded me of the old Sonic the Hedgehog Sega Genesis games.

On the glowing entrace, I think it was to show us that we can enter the building. Now that the camera will rotate, they won't be able to hide the entrances to buildings anymore, so maybe they'll tell us where we can enter and where we can't by making accesible entrances glow like that.

Can't wait to see that city at night.

Can the main character be walking in, *gasp*, a non-linear direction?

Looks that way. But I would've liked to see her step off the sidwalk into the street (the footage cut immediately when she would've had to, as someone stepped in her way).

I'm going to feel a bit dissapointed if every one of those buildings along the outer part of the city can't be entered.

Hopefully that area is one of the few where that applies. Maybe routse and other places like cycling roads will have the linear direction that was used in previous games!

But you gotta admit, it ain't half bad. If the Distortion World functioned like that, I'd never leave! Imagine walking in the forests like that!!! Or maybe a haunted mansion! Or graveyard! OR THE DARKEST CAVES OR PATHS!!!

Looks that way. But I would've liked to see her step off the sidwalk into the street (the footage cut immediately when she would've had to, as someone stepped in her way).

I'm going to feel a bit dissapointed if every one of those buildings along the outer part of the city can't be entered.

That would really suck. Those bulidings would just be there, taunting you. Just like every other somewhat large building does in previous games. Jublife City comes to mind.

I'd be disappointed if they couldn't let you go to the center of the city. I don't see why we can't, but it'd still be disappointing if that was the case.

I just had a thought here... you know how the Pokemon League is almost always on a seperate island from the mainland? Maybe that might be the case with this city. 'Tis a thought though... can't say for sure until we get the regional map 'n stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom