• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that make you want to scratch your head or hit someone

I think Dusknoir is a pretty useless evolution for Dusclops. Dusclops was already a top notch Ghost type Pokemon by itself, but giving it an evolution with the only stat boosted is attack (Which is forgotten on a defensive minded Pokemon)? That's pretty lame.

I got to question Gamefreak's Idea to evolve Dusclops, but not something like Farfetch'd or Luvdisc who are desperate for an evolution...

Zubat. If they put it in another game, I will have to hurt someone. *Glares at Nintendo and Gamefreak*

In the past I would've said it was cave dwelling pokemon. Not bad pokemon in their own right, but the fact they're so dang persistant just drives you nuts. Nowadays however, I think I'm gonna say it's Tangrowth. How many people out there actually like this dang thing? Even the ones who seem ok with it's existence will admit just how lazy and terrible it's design is, I mean...just what the heck nintendo. What the heck.

Shhhhh, you're logic isn't welcome here. Some people are too concerned with numbers and stats to care about just enjoying the game and having fun. This is pokemon man, if you don't dedicate every waking hour to making a powerhouse team, your existence in this world is worth nothing! There is no room for weak pokemon in HELL!

...But seriously, I wouldn't even act so sarcastic about it if they weren't so many people who actually behaved that way. If you simply play the game itself (and don't do battle against other players) you can easily win it all with "useless" pokemon. If they can do that, they're good enough and serve their purpose. Too many people forget the whole point of the game isn't building up a team and trying to take out some guy online, but...whatdya gonna do?

I like Tangrowth....

Castform. I don't know why, but I don't like it at all. I even tried using it once.

Well most of the "Baby" pokemon helped develop the little cup metagame. Azumil added a decently bulky, if somewhat slower than most, water typed sweeper with a much better movepool than poliwag. Most of the babys are like that so I believe they are a good addition. I even like the evolutions to previous pokemon. Some of their designs look better and lets face it, tangela was a crap pokemon before it got its evolution.

Budew, raising that pokemon just for a Roselia was the stupidest thing i hate to wait through in Platnium, and it only paid off a little bit.

That one garbage Pokemon. That makes me want to hit someone at Game Freak.

I agree, Burmy and Wormadam look terrible. They would look a lot better if only its Plant Cloak forme existed.

I also really dislike the black band on Patrat and Watchog's face. The only early rodent I've liked was Zigzagoon and Linoone.

Wobbuffet and Wynaut are a bit useless apart from their Shadow tag abilities because there are only 4 moves or 7 moves in their learnsets. In Leaf Green version I normally trained low level pokémon to evolve in Cerulean cave by making them hold an Exp Share and sending them out first then switching. When a wild Wobbuffet appeared my pokémon which I was training normally made it faint because its only damage-dealing moves are Counter and Mirror coat which only work if the opponent does a physical or special move respectively.

Garbodor its the only derpy pokemon I dont like and its ugly as hell I must say.

Friggin' Lickilicky. Deffinitly the worst pokemon design wise out there.

I also really hate Nosepass as well though.

alomomola. how is that not an evolution of luvdisc?! I think I'd like luvdisc better if it could evolve. and I like emolga fine, but it SHOULD'VE been a pachirisu evolution. when I saw it I was like: "oh, cool! pachirisu evolves!"

Garbodor baffles me.. what possessed Pokemon to create a Garbage back pokemon!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom