• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that scare you, but wouldn't usually be considered frightening

Ditto. Sure, in game it just turns into a Poké-pimp, but in the anime it's been shown to be able to transform into people. The idea that the person standing next to you in the Poké-Mart might actually be a Ditto is scary. And that unblinking stare....*shudders*

Tympole and Palpitoad make me cringe whenever I see them. Tympole's face is disturbing, sure, but Palpitoad WIGGLES AND MAKES CRAZY EYES AT YOU.
536.gif

I dare you to tell me this thing isn't creepy...ugh.

Also, the first time I ran into a Stunfisk, I wasn't paying attention when the sprite smiled at me. That grin made me cringe a little, like the thing was plotting my imminent demise...

Lombre. Just something about its face.

And the fact that the Pokedex states that it gets mistaken for Human Children D-:

yamask are cute but i fins their story creepy.. prolly along with everyone else xD

butttttt i don't like weedles >.< at all. they creep me out

I don't know if anybody else thinks this Pokemon is creepy, but... Huntail scares the heck out of me.:sweat: I can't stand eels...

Tympole and Palpitoad make me cringe whenever I see them. Tympole's face is disturbing, sure, but Palpitoad WIGGLES AND MAKES CRAZY EYES AT YOU.
536.gif

I dare you to tell me this thing isn't creepy...ugh.
The first time I met a Palpitoad, my Audino used Attract on it right away. (To proceed to abuse Echoed Voice)
And then it wiggled like that.

I got paralyzed.

Female Wobbuffet just weird me out. That lipstick turns something relatively normal into a horrifying and disturbing creature.

Ditto. Sure, in game it just turns into a Poké-pimp, but in the anime it's been shown to be able to transform into people. The idea that the person standing next to you in the Poké-Mart might actually be a Ditto is scary. And that unblinking stare....*shudders*

How about Zorua/Zorark? Now those 2 are freaky because you can't tell one bit if they are a pokemon unless you become suspicious with their lack of talking.

I gotta go with zubat. Bat's creep me out in real life lol, but in the anime the trained ones seem to be kinda cute/nice.

Krookodile. It makes me realise that I'm a pervert, and I don't like realising that...

I used to be so scared of Mawile. I thought it's hair would swallow me whole and I was scared to send my Marill out to catch it in Ruby... but then again, I hated Granite Cave in general. I think Mawile is rather pretty now, and it goes on my list of favorite Pokemon. :)

Scraggy really creeps me out. Something about the fact those baggy trousers of theirs are it's skin is really unnerving me. When I read the pokedex entry saying that it just scared me. It gets worse when they evolve though. As a Scrafty you can see the eyeholes on it's "hood" in the backsprite. I cannot ever use one for that reason, even if it's typing does make it a pretty cool Pokemon.

477px-Rukamu_Burst.png

Last edited:
Hypno has always scared me. The Hypno creepypasta where he walks away with two children has always sent chills down my spine. So creepy. Otherwise, his sprite isn't all that bad.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom