• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon That Should Be Related but Aren't

My little brother and I were battling on Pokemon Stadium today, and it was Aerodactyl vs. Charizard. He then pointed out how much they look alike, and I agreed. I never noticed that before. So...

I have:
@topic:
pinsir & heracross
miltank&taoros

Ash and Misty?
*shot*

I didn't bother looking at all the posts: Walrein and Dewgong

Because of Spheal.

Clamperl -> Cloyster
Linoone -> Zigzagoon
Shuppet -> Mismagius

I disagree completely with this post.

If Cloyster was a basic Pokemon and I had to choose wether it's pre-evolution would be Shellder or Clamperl, I would choose Shellder without thinking twice. Well anyway, Clamperl doesn't seem to go well with it's two evolutions, but that is a different case.

Linoone and Zigzagood are already related >_<

Shuppet -> Mismagius? Why should that happen when there's Misdreavus and Banette?

weedle > kakuna > vespiquen
beedrill > vespiquen
combee > beedrill
ekans > arbok > seviper
bellsprout > weepinbell > victreebel/carnivine
shellder/clamperl > cloyster
munna > drowzee > hypno
shellos > gastrodon > lapras
pinsir > heracross
magikarp > milotic
feebas > gyarados
cherubi > cherrim > bellossom
pineco/burmy > forretress
gligar > drapion
shikijika > stantler
pachirisu > emonga

they look alike, but i don't think they should be related. if i were new to pokémon, i'd think otherwise; i'd think they could be related.

I always thought that Furret and Linoone look similar. Also, doesn't Pokabu look like it could be related to Grumpig?

sprite.php
>
gyaradosjz8.gif

The Indigo League opening didn't help much, either.

223.png
>
349.gif

And let's not forget about Gastly and Cloyster.

Clefairy & Jigglypuff
Spheal & Seal
Mew and Mewtwo (i mean duh XD)
stantler and girafarig
linoone and furret
mighteyana and houndoom
Swellow, Pidgeot, staraptor
Flygon and dragonite (in my opinion)
kabutups and scyther
togepi claffa and igglybuff
finneon and goldeen
ratata and bidoof
... etc. and etc.
... the list goes on and on
you do realize thetake the same basic concepts of the original pokemon change them around and get new ones right?

Arceus: the evolved form of Absol?

I was thinking about Arceus the other day and I realized that it looks like Absol, the names sound alike, and they are both roughly the same color, and shape. Of course, Arceus looks more big and powerful than Absol, but that's what most evolutions look like. What do you think?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom