• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon That Should Be Related but Aren't

Re: Pokemon That Should Be Related but Aren't

kabutops and scyther. I thought scyther evolved into kabutops at first.

Combee and Beedrill. I also see them related.

mew and ditto should be

When I first played red I had this picture book or something, and I could only think of one thing:

Chansey evolves into Kangaskhan.

I saw Tangela in the middle when every evolution is right after, and I thought it was just a mistake of the book.

It just made a lot of sense for me that an egg-shaped pokemon carrying an egg would become into a dinosaur pokemon carrying a baby dinosaur. I was confused when I couldn't evolve Chansey.
I don't see any sense for Cubone being related to Kangaskhan in any way, but this? Both are female only, both are mothers and both have a pouch... It just makes sense for the evolution representing an egg hatching.
In practice probably doesn't work, with their very different moves. But they still look related to me. (Why didn't Kangaskhan get a Blissey-like evolution though is beyond me. Maybe so players would forget about it)

Last edited:

I think that Heatran and Rhyperior look similar..

Bear with me. This is kinda weird. Fearow and Moltres. I think they look related because Moltres looks kinda like a Fearow stone evo (Fire Stone).

I'd picture all the gen 1 and gen 2 starters being related (bros/sis/cousins)

I also thought when I was little that the Nidorans were related since they had the same name and I didn't know the male and female symbols :D

carnivine and tagla both vines

Metagross and Bronzong. I don't know why, other than the fact they share the same typing.

370.png
-->
368.png

Now, tell me how this DOESN'T make sense!
Both are pink fish.
Gorebyss's head is Luvdisc-shaped.
Both are extremely rare water types with Swift Swim ability.

370.png
-->
368.png

Now, tell me how this DOESN'T make sense!
Both are pink fish.
Gorebyss's head is Luvdisc-shaped.
Both are extremely rare water types with Swift Swim ability.

makes more sense then Clamperl

torkal should evolve into camperupt

Sharpedo-Garchomp
Meganium-Tropius

And for comedy:
Treecko-Tsutaaja *gets shot*

Torkal -> Something -> Heatran.

heatran is a legendary, its not going to happen

It should have been, I'm not saying I want it to be done now, it should have been done in the first place. And Heatran should never been legendary.

Last edited:

It should have been, I'm not saying I want it to be done now, it should have been done in the first place. And it shouldn't been a legendary in the first place.

i agree with you there heatran shouldnt be a legendary due to the fact it can be either gender and what is so legendary about it? but i dont know whats so legendary about lati@s either but they seem more legendary than heatran in my opinion

Yeah, I'd like to see heatran have its legendary status revoked but it's probably never gonna happen... They should also give magmar a split evo... to be honest i just with they would admit magmortars design was a mistake and remake it.

Anywho, how about Beedrill and Vespiquen being related somehow?

And if Pachirisu doesn't evolve into Emonga, I'd like them to show how they are counter-parts or something.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom