• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Theories or Headcanons you Despise

Well I do tend to think it's possible for them to be augmented to eventually be able to leave the crater, though they would likely need outside help to aid them with their tests since if they de-powered during it they would need to be moved back, but I'm sure both of them could train a Pokémon to help.

"Ash is not 10 years old forever"

Ash Ketchum - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia (Age, 10)

アニメ|ポケットモンスターオフィシャルサイト (Satoshi in Journeys? Age 10.)

Yeah, he is/he was, it doesn't help that his current longest-tenured/longest lasting English voice actress thinks chronologically he's 12-13 for some reason (I would agree with her that said that IF he aged-- Sarah Natochenny makes Ash sound older than 10, and the voice change would've at least been more excusable in the English run IF the characters aged since a lot of them DO sound like that- the thing is, they didn't + remained ageless).

On top of that, the International dubs outside of Asia have made all kinds of dub-exclusive mentions of time passing in that vein in the past (both 4Kids and TPCi did so in the English run), plus to boot there are all kinds of head canons made by stans of the DP & XY Series in the fandom that he's older or more mature there-- which pretty much goes against WHO he was conceived to be in the first place (a wide-eyed, young boy, who loves journeys + wants to travel the world to be the best), one reason I find both of those Series so overrated (especially XY, at least the DP fans have a sense of humor in comparison IMHO).

The oldest he's ever been is technically 11 after the 3rd Movie's Pikachu and Pichu Short (in both Languages, that was not a dub invented thing), but he went back to being forever 10 right after it, anyway as it was ignored as non-canon as a Birthday (speaking of that, M03's short was the first time a Pikachu Short in English kept its OST, despite the Voltorb mixup as trivia: Theatrical Pikachu Short 03). BW001 confirmed it, JN confirmed it, what more do people want?

And even then, it's highly possible that the Raticate was deposited into the PC or released into the wild instead.
Blue seems like the kind of guy who would release his Raticate considering what his team is for that fight: In addition to Pidgeotto and Kadabra (which he has for all the battles you have with him along with Rhyhorn/Rhydon), he has an Exeggcute, a Growlithe, and a Gyarados (with one of those Pokemon being replaced by his starter). Mind you, the those three don't start appearing until you meet him at Pokemon Tower.

Last edited:
SM Ash is Ash and Serena's child.
(Insert least favorite version of Ash here) was a lobotomized clone of (insert favorite incarnation of Ash here).

SM Ash is Ash and Serena's child.
But if SM Ash is their child, then if he and that Ash were the same person, that would mean Serena is dating her son!
I hate this theory. Whose idea was this? This is like even worse than… omg read the manga page for Yuya Sakaki, then you will know what I mean (I found out about it like a day ago).

• "Tobias was created because Ash was way too strong in Sinnoh that he could become champion". Uhhh...do those people even know that Ash is a fictional and malleable character? and that even in the same arc he struggled a lot against Paul, Conway and Nando?
  • "Ash was aged up/aged down/rebooted". So common pre-Journeys it became tiring, specially in the Latin American fandom.
  • "BW would have been a masterpiece if Team Rocket vs Team Plasma had aired"/"Journeys would have been a masterpiece if not for COVID" Could you read me my alternate timeline, please?
  • "Necrozma, Kyurem, Zygarde and Eternatus represent the seven circles of the sepphirot"-style theories. Pokemon is not that deep, I don't think they have any multigenerational big plan.
  • "Ash's Lucario is the reincarnation of Sir Aaron's"-cute but goes against the concept of the movie that Sir Aaron was movie-Lucario's ultimate trainer, and Ash can't be Sir Aaron's reincarnation because the later's spirit is seen at the end of the movie.

one time i wrote an entire thing on the ash's coma theory. genuinely i think more people need to actually read it because it's so much more insane than you'd think. it's also lowkey kinda weird? can't really go into detail but it's very . their idea about brock is really funny though because i can only assume it means that in the context of this theory ash realized he was ace after dp.

i swear i had smth else here but i forgor what it was </3 whoops

that "gengar is clefable's shadow" thing. its just. like why. gengar is barely a silhouette of clefable, there's no evidence other than aesthetics that they're connected in any way, and if that's so, why just clefable? why not clefairy or cleffa?

Another two, which might be controversial.

• "The protagonists' canon teams are all made of gift Pokemon". I get the logic that the gift mons are guaranteed captures for them and I get that Red's team influenced it, but it does not make that much sense. I doubt the protagonist would clear the early gyms with only 1-2 Pokemon, and they were tasked with completing the Pokedex from the regional professor after all so the options are endless. One positive consequence of the latest games giving away less gift Pokemon is that the headcanon is much less used nowadays.
  • "Kalos, Paldea and Galar are geographically close or part of the same continent". As a headcanon it's harmless, and I admit it would be useful if Game Freak confirmed it...but so far it's completely unconfirmed, so it has to be used with care. I have seen many people treating it as canon, but if Game Freak wanted they could place them in different corners of the world and it wouldn't contradict anything.

n being a zoroark is beyond stupid to me. i mean. let me rephrase that. i see where it comes from. but if you think about it for more than five minutes (i hate thinking. literally) the entire thing completely falls apart. not only does he speak but you would certainly think the topic of him being a pokemon would come up at least ONCE in the scenes with ghetsis or anthea and concordia?

n being a zoroark is beyond stupid to me. i mean. let me rephrase that. i see where it comes from. but if you think about it for more than five minutes (i hate thinking. literally) the entire thing completely falls apart. not only does he speak but you would certainly think the topic of him being a pokemon would come up at least ONCE in the scenes with ghetsis or anthea and concordia?
I second this because N can’t possibly be a Zoroark
(I also read a headcanon about him being born from a Pokémon)

I might make more posts here down the line as I'm bound to see SOMETHING about Arceus. It's one of the most spectacularly misunderstood Pokémon in the series. The lore about it is faaaaaaaaaaar more loose than people are willing to realize. We're talking, Arceus really has no bounds within Pokémon. Its full identity is all of Pokémon itself and more. The multiverse, the infinite universes, everything, while simultaneously nothing. Thing is a full-blown deity.
I'm confused. Do you agree or disagree with Arceus being a deity?

I'm confused. Do you agree or disagree with Arceus being a deity?
The status was a Nobunaga reference from Pokémon Conquest (also a joke). Arceus is a deity, but it's on a much bigger scale than most people are willing to say. Arceus is very frequently downplayed.

Ooh. There's the line in Legends: Arceus that implies Arceus is an avatar of a higher being, so make of that what you will.

This is more from writer's/fanfiction perspective, but if I see one more fanfiction where the headcanon is that Ash is basically the second coming of christ and has the physical inability to lose any fight, I'm gonna lose my mind. Its. So. BORING.

This is more from writer's/fanfiction perspective, but if I see one more fanfiction where the headcanon is that Ash is basically the second coming of christ and has the physical inability to lose any fight, I'm gonna lose my mind. Its. So. BORING.
Not to mention it makes him look like a Mary Sue

This isn't exclusive to the Pokémon fandom by any means, but I'm not really a fan of the drive to turn canon friendships into headcanon romance ships. It seems like it happens to every friendship (unless they're related or have a substantial age difference), which sort of creates the impression that friendship is worthless on its own and has to be "upgraded" to romance to be meaningful. Which is sad and just not true. I know that's not the intended message 99% of the time, but still...not my favorite type of headcanon.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom