• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon vs Digimon Mafia: Endgame (26/8/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's going to start in 30 minutes, I may as well confirm it in 30 more minutes. No point in confirming my role now.

D1: This probably should have been threadmarked earlier...
Day 1: Fist Fight!

“At least we’re not afraid to make the villain Digimon actually evil.” Beelzemon spoke up again. “Instead of pulling that ‘Oh, Pokemon aren’t bad, it’s just bad people who use them like that’ bullshit.” A Golisopod stuttered for a moment before being able to put its sentence together.

“We have the embodiment of death itself!” It cried incredulously as it gestured to Yveltal.

“Aww, that’s cute.” Devimon, the devil himself, said as he examined his claws.

“Alright, that’s it.” A Hitmonchan said as he got up and punched WarGreymon in the face.

“Did he just punch me?” WarGreymon asked.

“I do think he did.” A MetalGarurumon responded.

“I’m gonna punch him back.”

“I do think you should.” WarGreymon then pulled his fist back and clocked Hitmonchan right in the face. It was at this point that mass chaos broke out as various Pokemon and Digimon began attacking each other. WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon performed the most impressive feat of the Digimon. Their bodies retreating into their heads, which then each sprouted an arm. A bright light then appeared between them, before fading to reveal the body of the Royal Knight Omnimon.

“Yeah! None of you guys can do this, huh!?” Omnimon shouted at the Pokemon. Black Kyurem and Dusk Mane Necrozma exchanged some critical glances. “Yeah, well, we did it first.” Omnimon then proceeded to punch Dusk Mane Necrozma in the face.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end in 48 hours.

I confirm I got my role!

Confirming

Confirmed

Sinnoh Confirmed!

Greninja confirmed.

Confirmed.

Y'all, if you knew that Day 1 was going to start in less than 30 minutes, why did you bother to confirm yourselves when you could have done it Day 1, aka when the game actually started? To me, it comes off as you wanting to post something to give a presence, but doing it when the game hasn't officially started so you don't feel the need to commit to a vote or post anything that could move the game in any way.

Having said that, out of the five of you, I'm going to:

VOTE: Pika_pika42

I have a reason for this.

...Really? Is it not common practice to confirm in a Night 0? That has to be the weakest reasoning I've ever seen.
Vote: HumanDawn

Confirmed.

I'm also claiming Miller.

That's cool, because I counterclaim you in claiming that I am a Miller.

No, I'm not a Miller, but that caught your attention, didn't it?

I don't joke vote. Why am I here?

Okay.

You are here because you made this post during the sign-up period:

In please :)

Infernape/Greninja/Lucario are my favourite trio.

This made Lone_Garurumon interpret that you wanted to play this game, thus they wrote your name in the player list.

Y'all, if you knew that Day 1 was going to start in less than 30 minutes, why did you bother to confirm yourselves when you could have done it Day 1, aka when the game actually started? To me, it comes off as you wanting to post something to give a presence, but doing it when the game hasn't officially started so you don't feel the need to commit to a vote or post anything that could move the game in any way.

Having said that, out of the five of you, I'm going to:

I have a reason for this.
It's interesting you post that, when you posted this during Night 0:
If it's going to start in 30 minutes, I may as well confirm it in 30 more minutes. No point in confirming my role now.
What was the purpose of that, if not to project a presence?
Also, naturally, people are going to wonder at your reasoning for your vote when you say you have a reason a few minutes into the game with nothing of any substance having happened yet.

Out of all jokey reasons to get discussions going, none have made me chuckle as much in a while. My brain is a little confused. xD

Y'all, if you knew that Day 1 was going to start in less than 30 minutes, why did you bother to confirm yourselves when you could have done it Day 1, aka when the game actually started?
Because I like to follow the host's instructions. Also I was around, so why not confirm?

Thanks for the vote. :)

I'm also claiming Miller.
A Miller, you say? So a Pokémon who looks like a Digimon but is actually a Pokémon?

...Really? Is it not common practice to confirm in a Night 0? That has to be the weakest reasoning I've ever seen.
Vote: HumanDawn

Ahh, yes, but the context is different in that these players knew the game would start quickly anyway, so why bother posting? If you look back, you will notice that I did not call Crystal Onix out for it. That's not my entire reasoning of course, as you shall see.

It's interesting you post that, when you posted this during Night 0:

What was the purpose of that, if not to project a presence?
Also, naturally, people are going to wonder at your reasoning for your vote when you say you have a reason a few minutes into the game with nothing of any substance having happened yet.

The purpose of it was to point out how meaningless it was to confirm so early when the game was going to start very shortly after and you can do two things in one go instead of just one thing.

But ah, Crystal Onix, everything I do and say has a deeper reason for it, which you may not comprehend due to how intelligent I am.

Also, @HumanDawn, why Pika specifically out of those 5?

You see my dear Max1996, when you have played this game for years, you get to notice the finer details and nuances of what separates a member of the Town from a member of the Mafia. You start reading posts in a very scientific manner, and then analyze those posts to come to well calculated conclusions.

Let's read Pika_pika42's confirming post again, shall we?

Confirmed

Now, this looks perfectly innocent at first glance, but if you look very deep into it, you will notice that out of all the confirmation posts, Pika_pika42's confirmation post has the least amount of characters at only 9 characters to say the word "Confirmed", while the rest have more than 9. This leaves me to conclude to my incredible Sherlock Holmes level deduction skills that Pika_Pika42 is a member of the Mafia who subconsciously said very little with the intention of not getting attention to themselves while still leaving a presence.

Because I like to follow the host's instructions. Also I was around, so why not confirm?

So if the host told you to jump off a cliff at your earliest convenience, you'd jump off right there and then?

Thanks for the vote. :)

If you want to be more thankful, you should try to beg for more votes.

A Miller, you say? So a Pokémon who looks like a Digimon but is actually a Pokémon?

i love zeroara but it is the most digimon-esque design, though can't there be a Digimon that looks like a Pokemon too?

Ahh, yes, but the context is different in that these players knew the game would start quickly anyway, so why bother posting? If you look back, you will notice that I did not call Crystal Onix out for it. That's not my entire reasoning of course, as you shall see.

The purpose of it was to point out how meaningless it was to confirm so early when the game was going to start very shortly after and you can do two things in one go instead of just one thing.

But ah, Crystal Onix, everything I do and say has a deeper reason for it, which you may not comprehend due to how intelligent I am.

You see my dear Max1996, when you have played this game for years, you get to notice the finer details and nuances of what separates a member of the Town from a member of the Mafia. You start reading posts in a very scientific manner, and then analyze those posts to come to well calculated conclusions.

Let's read Pika_pika42's confirming post again, shall we?

Now, this looks perfectly innocent at first glance, but if you look very deep into it, you will notice that out of all the confirmation posts, Pika_pika42's confirmation post has the least amount of characters at only 9 characters to say the word "Confirmed", while the rest have more than 9. This leaves me to conclude to my incredible Sherlock Holmes level deduction skills that Pika_Pika42 is a member of the Mafia who subconsciously said very little with the intention of not getting attention to themselves while still leaving a presence.
Thanks for convincing me to keep my vote on you.

So if the host told you to jump off a cliff at your earliest convenience, you'd jump off right there and then?
...What even.

Wynaut?

If you want to be more thankful, you should try to beg for more votes.
Nah. Your vote is the one I truly care about.
Unless the host asks me to beg for more votes.

i love zeroara but it is the most digimon-esque design, though can't there be a Digimon that looks like a Pokemon too?
Digimon looking like Pokémon would be Godfather.

I mean, posting during N0 that posting to confirm during N0 is pointless, in itself seems pointless and/or a needlessly roundabout way of claiming when you cound then have saved yourself the trouble and just confirmed in D1. :eek: Dun dun DUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom