• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon World Maps

What are those routes at the top of the map?

Here's an official complete map:
mu9zl5.jpg

OMG an official Pokémon world map?! :eek: So Hoenn is Southwest of Johto/Kanto, with Sinnoh being north and the Sevii Islands/Orange Islands being South of Kanto and Johto, respectively. :D I just need the spin-off regions (Orre, Almia, Oblivia, etc.) and Unova and Kalos!

20120612175125%21RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

This is the that map clear, albeit it's a bit different.

mu9zl5.jpg

OMG an official Pokémon world map?! :eek: So Hoenn is Southwest of Johto/Kanto, with Sinnoh being north and the Sevii Islands/Orange Islands being South of Kanto and Johto, respectively. :D I just need the spin-off regions (Orre, Almia, Oblivia, etc.) and Unova and Kalos!

So what I'm gathering from this map is that Hoenn is to the immediate West of Johto, and Sinnoh to the East of Kanto. Which we know at least Sinnoh's position to be false. Sinnoh has been confirmed to be North of Johto because Sinnoh's people traveled South to the Sinjoh Ruins. And Hoenn is implied to be farther South than any of the other regions, being so tropical. I have no idea where Kalos and Unova fit in, but it is nice to have a general idea of where the other regions are in relation to each other.

mu9zl5.jpg

So what I'm gathering from this map is that Hoenn is to the immediate West of Johto, and Sinnoh to the East of Kanto. Which we know at least Sinnoh's position to be false. Sinnoh has been confirmed to be North of Johto because Sinnoh's people traveled South to the Sinjoh Ruins. And Hoenn is implied to be farther South than any of the other regions, being so tropical. I have no idea where Kalos and Unova fit in, but it is nice to have a general idea of where the other regions are in relation to each other.

These maps aren't supposed to be to-scaled representations of the regions, as if it were, they would be much smaller. It's a little-known fact that the first four (main) regions are just Japan.

Regions.png

These maps aren't supposed to be to-scaled representations of the regions, as if it were, they would be much smaller. It's a little-known fact that the first four (main) regions are just Japan.

Regions.png

So do you think that's the actual layout of the first four regions as well? If so, then I was right about Hoenn being the furthest South and Sinnoh being the furthest North! YAY!

I'm still waiting for someone to make a great map with Kalos added. I long for a World Map of the Pokémon world but it's obvious as to why they've never made one unless they covered all other areas completely in clouds literally only not covering the revealed regions.

I still think there's more to explore in Kalos. There's too many clouds in the corners, and I think those clouds will be blown away by the time Z Version rolls around.

This is my vision of the Pokémon planet:
View attachment 91533

Sorry for the bad quality, but it was not drawed. This map was created using all the planet scenes from the movies and from the anine. Since there are 7 planet shots, I'll just leave here a link to the page where I announced this map. I have used Geocart and Gimp to create it, but it's not finished yet, since in this theory, we only have saw one of the Pokémon planet sides yet.

This is probably as good a guess as any other. In fact, considering you've actually constructed it from shots we've gotten from the anime, it's probably more accurate than most.

Last edited:

mu9zl5.jpg

I don't think Hoenn and Sinnoh's positions are accurate, they probably just placed it that way so it would fit on the map.

I made a new map, based off of the screenshots from the anime. It's a pretty big .svg file, and I'm far from finished.

Here's what I've got for the world:

Oqxj6dw.png

And here a close-up of Kanto and Johto. You would see there's random stuff above the actual regions, since there's nothing else to put there. I've put in the routes and as much anime-exclusive stuff as well, since having the provinces be only in-game stuff would make it so that it will be big, bland, and boring. If the names are generic, I've taken the liberty of translating it into another language so it wouldn't sound weird. And since not even with the anime-exclusive stuff I could give names to all the provinces, a lot of them are going to have made-up names or are a combination of the already-named ones.

4Ble50G.png

Well, that's an interesting map, that's for sure! Detailing all of Kanto/Johto? Rest of the map's looks like it's gonna be good. On another note, wasn't this topic sticky once? Or am I remembering wrong?

A few pages back, I posted a made that I made.. That was a couple of years ago though. I found and edited it to update Unova and add Kalos. I can't remember how to post images on here since its been so long, but here's a link to my tumblr post with the image. I added Kalos to the same landmass and Unova only because it seemed to work better that way. I wish we knew exactly where Kalos was meant to be.

Is it just me or I'm not seeing any of the links/images you guys posted...

What Do You Think The Pokémon World Map Looks Like?

We've had a few locations confirmed (Kanto being East of Johto, Sinnoh being North of them both, Hoenn being to the Southwest of Johto, Orange Islands being South of both Kanto and Johto, etc.) but aside from that one anime world map that shows all the movies, we've never gotten an official world map. Even that one is inaccurate as Sinnoh is not to the East of Kanto (HG/SS's Sinnoh Sounds confirm its Northern position over the other regions). The closest we've gotten is the official Orange Islands map that includes the KanJoh continent.

Taking into account the six main series regions, the three Ranger game regions, Orre and Ransei (and a few others), I've constructed what I believe to be an accurate representation of the Pokémon world as we know it. Three regions (Kalos, Ransei and Oblivia) have no indications whatsoever of their relative locations, but I placed them logically (Oblivia near the other two Ranger regions, Kalos in Southern/tropical seas, Ransei halfway between Unova and Sinnoh, as it is shaped after Sinnoh's Arceus and was released in Unova's Generation 5).

Below in the spoilers are the list of clues pertaining to the regions' positioning as well as my own crude map thrown together using pictures from Bulbapedia.

• All Johto-based games confirm that Kanto is to the East.
  • Officially released anime maps confirm that the Orange Islands Archipelago extend across the sea to the South of the KanJoh continent.
  • Pokémon Island, the setting of Pokémon Snap, is highly implied to be between the Orange Islands and Kanto, which is backed up by the anime.
  • The TCG-Exclusive Southern Islands are in the Central South of the Orange Islands, as they depict the second Movie's Slowking and friends (I erroneously put them in the lower right corner of the Orange Islands due to spacing constraints.)
  • In-game footage of travel to the Sevii Islands shows One Island is East of Cinnabar Island.
  • Real world Japan and the Embedded Tower suggest that Hoenn is West of Johto, and the climate suggests Southwest since Hoenn is more tropical than Johto, something that happens in the South.
  • The anime confirms that Kanto's Vermillion City is connected to the Western Unova's Nuvema Town through an expansive Archipelago, the Decolore Islands. This means that the Decolore Islands is possibly North of Hoenn and the Orange Islands, and obviously South of mainland KanJoh.
  • Confirmed by the Anime as being West of Kanto and Johto, Unova seems to have a more varied climate that suggests a Northwest position compared to the first two. It is also by my calculations to be the farthest to the west.
  • TCG-Exclusive Holon is a region established by scientists solely to find Mew, linking it to Kanto. It is also heavily implied to be near Kanto, with fan speculation hinting at it being Northeast of Kanto.
  • Sinnoh is confirmed by HG/SS' Sinnoh Sound (from the PokéGear) to be North of KanJoh, but real world Japan has Hokkaido (Sinnoh) as Northeast of Kantō (Kanto), so that's how I have it here.
  • Both Almia and Fiore seem to be South of Sinnoh. In Fiore, it is stated that Sinnoh is the closest region the Manaphy Egg can be sent to. In official artwork of Fiore, there is a mountain range in the background which seems to correlate to Mt. Coronet. Alternatively, Almia is similar to the real life "tail" of Hokkaido, which is visible in both Sinnoh's artwork and maps, but inaccessible in-game. Also, Almia's artwork and Sinnoh's Platinum artwork share many similarities, though this may be a coincidence.
  • And lastly, Orre has been speculated by many to be Southeast of Almia due to Harube Desert apparently lining up with Orre's borders.
Pok_mon_World_Map.png

Oh, the sizing may be way off. I was just trying to make sure everything ended up in the pic lol

Last edited:
Re: What Do You Think The Pokémon World Map Looks Like?

Hey everybody, I'm new here, but have been working on a map of the Eastern Continent (Title is WIP). Anyways, I am absolutely sure that Sinnoh is north of Johto, and I have my map that I made in MS Paint to clearly state were it would be. I also added the Pokemon City-State of Rota, where Sir Aaron is from, in it's correct position above Kanto. Johto-Kanto-Sinnoh-Rota-Labeled-Map.png

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom