• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokémon XY&Z Anime Mafia ~ Endgame (Until the day we meet again...) ~ TOWN AND JESTER WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over... It's actually over. This was just amazing, a super fun game all around. Thanks to everyone for a fun game and to Elementar for hosting.

Did you enjoy the game?

Oh absolutely. This game was so much fun.
What did you think of the flavor text?
It was really well written and reads like this was actually how the anime played out. I think you actually have a serious talent for writing.
What did you think of the balance and the mechanics?
As a newbie, I don't really know what the normal sort of balance is yet, and everything I could say has already been brought up. Why was Sawyer the Seraph Knight tho? From what I can see on Bulbapedia he doesn't exactly seem like the protect-y type.
What did you think of the hosting?
You did it really well. All of the updates were made on time, or at least locked so things couldn't change while you wrote the update, and all phase reductions and extensions were announced.
If you would like to change a single thing in this game, what would it be?
Aside from the part where Piko voted Olive instead of Wolf you mean? I'd say Olive's role. They were rather useless from a role perspective once that one encryptor was done. And encryptor only effected one chat in the game. Everybody else's roles were useful for their sides for at least a few phases, but Olive's was a bit lacking.
Would you play another role madness game like this in the future?
Yes. This was just so much fun to play (and watch once I died), and the potential for any sort of wacky role coming up allowed the greatest play of the game.
What was your favourite thing about this game?
Oh where do I start? That time I allowed for half of my mafia team to be lynched in one day? That time HD flipped out when Max didn't really give any real cop indication? No. My favourite part of the game was Olive's spectacular performance. As impressive as taking a game from 11 vs 1 down to LYLO is by itself, that fact that Olive did it by spouting so much crazy shit just made it all the more amusing to watch when you knew it was all lies. My congratulations to Olive of that beautiful performance.

A question to @Klavier Gavin: The Pokemon Finder was a 1x Tracker yes? Which means you had to specifically target me to follow. What made you choose me?

@Elementar Feedback would nice thank you.

Well whoa. Great game everyone! I don't really have anything else to add (well, aside from props to Olive (and the rest of the mafia team. and while i'm at it town too ofc!), and good job on WolfOwl and Pikochu for making it to the end and winning the game for town), but yeah... good game, good game.

Thanks for hosting, Elementar.

If anyone wants some feedback on how I think they played (which won't be great because I'm not great at playing), just tell me :)

I'd like feedback please

So Town wins in the end. :D
Did you enjoy the game?
Definitely!
It was very creatively thought out.
Not sure what to say...
Very well done.
I can't actually think of anything...
If the theme is something I like, definitely!
That my role was actually Ash-Greninja. I really like that character. :D

Also to @MatrixChap and @Max1996, I probably could have been a little more diplomatic when I was interrogating the both of you. I apologize if I came off as really harsh, that was not my intention. Hopefully you two did enjoy your first mafia games and I look forward in seeing you two more regularly in games. Also to @Lone_Gararumon and @Olive.
That's ok. Don't worry about it.

I have already joined the Holiday, SoJ and EiM Mafia games, in fact. My time in TWR has only just begun. ;)

That's ok. Don't worry about it.

I have already joined the Holiday, SoJ and EiM Mafia games, in fact. My time in TWR has only just begun. ;)
That's awesome! It'll be great to have another person around for me to destroy :)

Seriously though we're glad to have another person. I look forward to seeing how you develop.

Did you enjoy the game?
YES!!!!
I liked it :)
Definitely a bit much in the town favor.
You did an awesome job.
Me dying before I could crap out some plants.
Yes!
What was your favourite thing about this game

Just the activity and the craziness and just how intense it was the whole time. It was just one of those amazing games that were nice and close.

Did you enjoy the game?

Definitely!

It was amazing. Admittedly I didn't read all of it but what I read was good and descriptive enough. It gave plenty of life to the game.

Town could have afforded a Vanilla or two. Mafia could have had a power up or two. Lightning Rod + Watcher felt too strong, why wasn't Mafia's Voyeur able to tell the names of the players too?

It was great!

Balance stuff.

Was it really role madness?

Decimating the Mafia despite the first two lynches on the Independents. Olive was incredibly lucky and despite the inconsistencies in saying there was a cult and hinting there was a conversion of sort, thanks to WolfOwl not outing that she was the Restless Spirit gave him a lynch immunity of sorts that helped lead to three mislynches. I'm so bummed I ended up unvoting Olive Day 1, but in hindsight if somebody really did have such a role, they'd mention it a lot sooner. Hellcrow being a Fool helped make his claim more believable too.

Last edited:
Oh where do I start? That time I allowed for half of my mafia team to be lynched in one day? That time HD flipped out when Max didn't really give any real cop indication?

He did give a real cop indication, you even had only one informative role result from the Voyeur. It's not hard to put 1 and 1 together by what he meant about an odd result, though then again I didn't know Elementar was sending out messages of unsuccessful actions but still, it showed that Max1996 was part of the list of players with a Night Action. Zexy is a smart player so if he was really Mafia then he'd notice for sure. I might have been a tad too paranoid with not wanting Max1996 to get Nightkilled and me dying too because Mafia figured them out.

@Max1996, you were a great partner. We might have not been together 100% of the time but we ended helping to lynch two Mafia in one Day Phase. If it weren't for you following my Elison vote the game might have had a different outcome. I look forward to playing more games with you!

@Max1996, you were a great partner. We might have not been together 100% of the time but we ended helping to lynch two Mafia in one Day Phase. If it weren't for you following my Elieson vote the game might have had a different outcome. I look forward to playing more games with you!
I'm looking forward to that as well.

Although, next time we're partnered, like in this game, maybe try not to outright out me, even if you thought I already did it by accident. :p
I'm still not sure exactly what happened back then...

I'm looking forward to that as well.

Although, next time we're partnered, like in this game, maybe try not to outright out me, even if you thought I already did it by accident. :p
I'm still not sure exactly what happened back then...

If we weren't Lovers I'd have thought twice about it, but as Olive would put it, our fates were tied. that double condemnation line about you gave me the chills... I gotta wonder if it was some bait comment to see if we were really Lovers and not Neighbours or some random comment

If we weren't Lovers I'd have thought twice about it, but as Olive would put it, our fates were tied. that double condemnation line about you gave me the chills... I gotta wonder if it was some bait comment to see if we were really Lovers and not Neighbours or some random comment
It was kind of an odd coincidence, I must say, but enough about that. The game is over and Town has won.

Looking forward to playing with you in the Spirit of Justice and other Mafia games in the near future. :)

why wasn't Mafia's Voyeur able to tell the names of the players too?

Was it really role madness?

Voyeur is a role that only sees the roles performed on a player. Watcher sees the people. They're different roles. I took the definition from the mafia wiki.

There were two JOATs, an Inventor with multiple inventions, and other players with more than one role. In a game of 19 people where everyone has at least one role, and a few of them more, it was pretty heavy. There were a lot of powerful roles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom