• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

I think Alan could be challenging the gyms since he's returning to Kalos and eventually fight Ash at the league, maybe he beats Ash in the semis or the final, I'd like to see Ash-Greninja vs Charizard X or Ash bringing back Charizard or Sceptile, I'd like for Glalie and Heracross to mega evolve but that seems unlikely. XD

Same here. Looks like some info on Bulbapedia is wrong. Xp

I just watched the episode, and assuming the Dub isn't too far off. Lucian just said all you had to do was beat the respective Pokemon league and then you can challenge the Elite Four, then win you win, you can challenge Cynthia.
Ah, you're correct, I just checked the episode. (Bulbapedia says something else entirely)

How "surprising"...

I always thought that by winning the league you get the opportunity to challenge the Elite 4?
Apparently not. There's Champion League and if you win THAT, then you get to challenge the E4 and if you beat them, the Champion.

Not sure where you're getting this but the champion's league is the Elite Four Challenge.

Or how do you explain Lucian battling in the Champion's league battling against a Scizor.

I just watched the episode, and assuming the Dub isn't too far off. Lucian just said all you had to do was beat the respective Pokemon league and then you can challenge the Elite Four, then win you win, you can challenge Cynthia.

Thank you. I've been super confused by how many different people interpreted what we learn in the Lucian eps in different ways.
It was extremely clear to me that it goes this way:
If you win Region X's league, you can challenge Region X's Champion League which IS challenging said region's Elite Four and Champion...

Ah, the inevitable TF arrival and Ash/Alain meet up, i still can't believe TF appearence was in doubts. Oh well it's all starting to take place.

Ash greninja doesn't look too different than it's norm self but what a weird concept they could've easily make a it mega, maybe bcuz they wanted to give a special treatment and apparently that seems to be the case. Noivern doesn't surprise me one bit but mega sceptile does, i'd be really disappointed if it's sawyer's he doesn't deserve it as of now. I believe mega sceptiles to be either ash's or lysandre, these two are the only logical candidates but could be some other TF member like that mega tyranitar one.

I wonder if xerneas or yveltal will appear, i mean they are part of the legendary trio of kalos., they could play some part considering the title of the series still have XY, they could've easily removed it and make it Z only but i don't know.

Ash adding Sceptile would make sense, since the mega form would cover his glaring weakness to Electric.

Ash adding Sceptile would make sense, since the mega form would cover his glaring weakness to Electric.

And then add to the glaring weakness of Ice by having two 4* weakness and one 2* weakness. With Greninja being the only one who resists Ice attacks.

So it doesn't solve any problem about the balance of the team at all. Seems like a Steel/Electric (Magnezone), Fire/Electric (Rotom-Heater) is the only way out to resist both weaknesses. (But Fire/Electric adds a third Pokemon to be weak to Rock, so the ultimate solution is a Magnezone and Magnezone only)

Thats why I wouldn't complain. Ash is smart enough to get over weaknesses this time and I am sure whatever Pokemon is the sixth he can use it at its best.

And then add to the glaring weakness of Ice by having two 4* weakness and one 2* weakness. With Greninja being the only one who resists Ice attacks.

So it doesn't solve any problem about the balance of the team at all. Seems like a Steel/Electric (Magnezone), Fire/Electric (Rotom-Heater) is the only way out to resist both weaknesses. (But Fire/Electric adds a third Pokemon to be weak to Rock, so the ultimate solution is a Magnezone and Magnezone only)

Thats why I wouldn't complain. Ash is smart enough to get over weaknesses this time and I am sure whatever Pokemon is the sixth he can use it at its best.

Yeah. The reasons Ash will bring Sceptile back are:

1. Ash has learnt that Sceptile Mega-Evolves.
2. He lacks a Grass type in his team, something that he usually has.
3. Promotion for ORAS games.
4. Wants to bring a old Pokémon back like Charizard in Unova.

A Greninja and Sceptile team-up would be epic. I've just noticed that Ash's team is really speedy. Greninja and Sceptile are the two fastest fully-evolved starters, Talonflame is the fastest Kalos Pokémon, Noivern is faster than Greninja (by one), Hawlucha is four slower than Greninja and Pikachu's not too bad (over 20 slower than Greninja). Sceptile's presence in Ash's team will be a great addition to the anime and plot, just like everything else XY&Z is offering.

Re: Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

He will have a Charizard X or Sceptile.
Well..he won't get a Charizard X for sure........

Alain already has X, so its unlikely Ash would get the Fire/Dragon Mega Charizard X. Its still unknown if he will get Mega Charizard Y, and its still up for debate if that Mega Sceptile belongs to Ash or Scottie/Sawyer.

There still isn't any real evidence that Satoshi will even get a Mega Evolved pokemon.

I still don't think it's happening.

There still isn't any real evidence that Satoshi will even get a Mega Evolved pokemon.

I still don't think it's happening.

Ash will get mega evolution before Scottie, and there's no one else that would have a Mega-Sceptile besides those two. It's right behind Ash in the poster, so most of the evidence (which is very little) is pointing to Ash.

Off topic, but I need to tell this.

Here's my conceptual theory for the afterstory:

If Ash participates at the League without ME Pokemon and Alain was in, Ash will definitely lose since there's no Pokemon he could challenge against mighty Charizard X.

Sure we've seen Ash battling Korrina and Lucario was beaten out by Pikachu, however, about the experience she had isn't quite long yet back then. Meanwhile, Alain trains his buddy for a long period of time so that could be an obvious factor too.

*rewinds back for Butterfly Effect*

If Ash however HAS a ME Pokemon and that Ultimate Greninja Form combined and Alain is in, he have a chance to empower his skills in order to beat Alain although it's not guaranteed to be a success. But like people's saying, it's worthy enough to get such a badass powerhouse party on go.

*another rewind*

If Ash has the mentioned criteria from second option but without Alain, we may seeing him become Champion. BUT REMEMBER! Other rivals like Tierno,Sawyer(,and possibly Trevor) have the odds to beat Ash the whole party at one go. Especially that they have at least one ME Pokemon.

Yeah, pretty rough chance for Ash to crowned him victory anyway.

I think Alan could be challenging the gyms since he's returning to Kalos and eventually fight Ash at the league, maybe he beats Ash in the semis or the final, I'd like to see Ash-Greninja vs Charizard X or Ash bringing back Charizard or Sceptile, I'd like for Glalie and Heracross to mega evolve but that seems unlikely. XD

If Ash participates at the League without ME Pokemon and Alain was in, Ash will definitely lose since there's no Pokemon he could challenge against mighty Charizard X.

Sure we've seen Ash battling Korrina and Lucario was beaten out by Pikachu, however, about the experience she had isn't quite long yet back then. Meanwhile, Alain trains his buddy for a long period of time so that could be an obvious factor too.

If Ash however HAS a ME Pokemon and that Ultimate Greninja Form combined and Alain is in, he have a chance to empower his skills in order to beat Alain although it's not guaranteed to be a success. But like people's saying, it's worthy enough to get such a badass powerhouse party on go.

*another rewind*

If Ash has the mentioned criteria from second option but without Alain, we may seeing him become Champion. BUT REMEMBER! Other rivals like Tierno,Sawyer(,and possibly Trevor) have the odds to beat Ash the whole party at one go. Especially that they have at least one ME Pokemon.

I am very curious with the fact that where you guys get the impression that Alan is a strong trainer. Because I thought he was well below average.

When does Alan uses any strategy? Alan just charges head on in every single battle in The Strongest Mega Evolution Specials and Ash have over a thousand ways to punish that kind of approach. And his skill is proven to be way below Elite Four's, or I should say his performance against Siegbold is no better (or worse) than Ash's performance against Bertha or Flint.

And lets not say that he don't even bother to observe his opponent at all, if you do realize, every single strong trainer in the Anime played defensively to scout out opponent's move, so far all Elite Four and Champion has done this, and for clear cut example both Siegbold and Steven actually did not Mega Evolve their Pokemon until they have known the strength and weaknesses of Alan's Mega Charizard X, and in both battles Alan Mega Evolves right on the start of the battle and attacked. Its not that Siegbold and Steven look down on him, they are scouting, so they don't overestimate or underestimate their opponent.

On the other hand, Ash vs Shota is going to be a battle of strategies, which can go either way. Although Ash has more experience, one wrong move may cost the game, like in chess. Although still unlikely, I can see Ash potentially losing to Shota, but beating Alan by a long shot.

*another rewind*

I am very curious with the fact that where you guys get the impression that Alan is a strong trainer. Because I thought he was well below average.

When does Alan uses any strategy? Alan just charges head on in every single battle in The Strongest Mega Evolution Specials and Ash have over a thousand ways to punish that kind of approach. And his skill is proven to be way below Elite Four's, or I should say his performance against Siegbold is no better (or worse) than Ash's performance against Bertha or Flint.

And lets not say that he don't even bother to observe his opponent at all, if you do realize, every single strong trainer in the Anime played defensively to scout out opponent's move, so far all Elite Four and Champion has done this, and for clear cut example both Siegbold and Steven actually did not Mega Evolve their Pokemon until they have known the strength and weaknesses of Alan's Mega Charizard X, and in both battles Alan Mega Evolves right on the start of the battle and attacked. Its not that Siegbold and Steven look down on him, they are scouting, so they don't overestimate or underestimate their opponent.

On the other hand, Ash vs Shota is going to be a battle of strategies, which can go either way. Although Ash has more experience, one wrong move may cost the game, like in chess. Although still unlikely, I can see Ash potentially losing to Shota, but beating Alan by a long shot.

I agree about Alain. Alain has only one pokemon that we know about. Even if he does bring five others into the league, (which I doubt it he'll even participate) they will be very weak. So, it's pretty much all of Ash's pokemon against Mega-Charizard X. I'm sure Ash will beat him. I believe Ash will get a mega evolution of his own anyway, so that will even up the battle. Alain looks like he won't participate in the league, as he has different missions.

Ok, Say that Alain won't gonna participate the league, but I disagree that Alain isn't a strong trainer (maybe not regular trainer but ME trainer does likeable). We've only seen his action for three episodic special and you have made a conclusion that he doesn't stand a chance for that. My question is, Are You Sure? If not, then you don't have the right to said it. And that's the beauty of the unknown.

For "below E4" thing, yes he wasn't have much experienced than them, but evidence suggests that Alain are almost equal against Siebold before it got beaten by a fine quality move. It wouldn't made his power higher than Ash itself, right? And one more thing, he said he wanted to be The Strongest ME Trainer so if Ash wants to challenge him, then Ash needs to have the ME Pokemon to fight and not the regular battle form style. Still, it doesn't guarantee Ash will win though.

I made it out of my concept so I'm not gonna making this personal. Have your thoughts in your own way.

Ok, Say that Alain won't gonna participate the league, but I disagree that Alain isn't a strong trainer (maybe not regular trainer but ME trainer does likeable). We've only seen his action for three episodic special and you have made a conclusion that he doesn't stand a chance for that. My question is, Are You Sure? If not, then you don't have the right to said it. And that's the beauty of the unknown.

For "below E4" thing, yes he wasn't have much experienced than them, but evidence suggests that Alain are almost equal against Siebold before it got beaten by a fine quality move. It wouldn't made his power higher than Ash itself, right? And one more thing, he said he wanted to be The Strongest ME Trainer so if Ash wants to challenge him, then Ash needs to have the ME Pokemon to fight and not the regular battle form style. Still, it doesn't guarantee Ash will win though.

I made it out of my concept so I'm not gonna making this personal. Have your thoughts in your own way.

I can say I am sure.

There is only three Specials dedicated to him, yes. But one thing you forgot, The Strongest Mega Evolution Act I is a full on battle only episode, with him battling multiple trainers. I am sure we have more than enough samples to make a statistic. 100% full on charge into battlefield and 0% strategy is the statistic I get from it.

Alan's battle versus Siegbold is nowhere near equal, Alan never actually got his Charizard out of Blastoise's pin down. And Charizard didn't even get a clean hit in, every single attack was effectively replied or repelled. The only thing he did better than Ash is his Mega Charizard X can take more hits from Siegbold than Ash's Pokemon when fighting Bertha or Flint. Which just accounts to Mega Charizard X's strength, or you can say Alan contributed by building their bond that Charizard don't go down easily.

So I did judge him based on three Specials only, but the Specials provided a substantial amount of battles therefore a clear enough indicator for his skill as a trainer.

Last edited:
Well, even if there isn't enough evidence now, we can see in Act 4 when he has 10 battles. The one against Malva will be exciting. It looks like he wins all of these battles, since he keeps the Mega Ring in the poster.
Alain is a strong trainer, and is very good in a mega evolution battle, I'm just saying that it would be hard for him to beat Ash with only one pokemon in the league. He most likely won't be in the league anyway. He is a very strong battler, but would just need an actual team to beat Ash.

I can say I am sure.

There is only three Specials dedicated to him, yes. But one thing you forgot, The Strongest Mega Evolution Act I is a full on battle only episode, with him battling multiple trainers. I am sure we have more than enough samples to make a statistic. 100% full on charge into battlefield and 0% strategy is the statistic I get from it.

Alan's battle versus Siegbold is nowhere near equal, Alan never actually got his Charizard out of Blastoise's pin down. And Charizard didn't even get a clean hit in, every single attack was effectively replied or repelled. The only thing he did better than Ash is his Mega Charizard X can take more hits from Siegbold than Ash's Pokemon when fighting Bertha or Flint. Which just accounts to Mega Charizard X's strength, or you can say Alan contributed by building their bond that Charizard don't go down easily.

So I did judge him based on three Specials only, but the Specials provided a substantial amount of battles therefore a clear enough indicator for his skill as a trainer.

I aware that it's a full length battle episode, but technically he fought only two ME trainers from Act 1 so it doesn't mean we've seen it all clear (including for the arrival of ME Act 4 coming soon). Humans makes experience, and Alain is no exception. After he battled Siebold, I can say he is ready to set a strategy for another rumble at Malva. If the story from Act 4 is proven you correct, then I'll take my hat off for you. But until then, you can't point him that he's an empty strategy maker yet.

Which leads me for one humble question : Are you very skeptical of Alain's skills?

*puts peace sign*

Second note, even though I agree with you regarding Alain on his unseeded level for Siebold, our main thing that we need to remember, it's not the attack-defense skills that brought Siebold amazed but its swift speedy move it got. Don't underestimate that style of battle, it may come handy in the future.

I can say I am sure.

I aware that it's a full length battle episode, but technically he fought only two ME trainers from Act 1 so it doesn't mean we've seen it all clear (including for the arrival of ME Act 4 coming soon). Humans makes experience, and Alain is no exception. After he battled Siebold, I can say he is ready to set a strategy for another rumble at Malva. If the story from Act 4 is proven you correct, then I'll take my hat off for you. But until then, you can't point him that he's an empty strategy maker yet.

Which leads me for one humble question : Are you very skeptical of Alain's skills?

*puts peace sign*

Second note, even though I agree with you regarding Alain on his unseeded level for Siebold, our main thing that we need to remember, it's not the attack-defense skills that brought Siebold amazed but its swift speedy move it got. Don't underestimate that style of battle, it may come handy in the future.

Yeah I agree speed is a huge advantage Alan has. I do hope he cooks up some strategy against Malva, but I don't see Malva losing even if he made up a valid one, except purposely as ordered by Lysandre. (Largely because of the skill and Pokemon strength gap between an Elite Four and other Trainer, I can see Ash also getting stomped even with a well planned strategy)

About to read the above posts, but wanted to express my excitement first lol. I watched some awesome Bear Grylls Great British Adventure last night or something, and there was this amazing Peregrine Falcon (the worlds fastest bird, losely based on Talonflame, so I fell hard in love), and he was racing it on a bike to see if he could keep up, random but it got me excited loool, cause I didn't appreciate Talonflame before seeing that.

ASH'S TEAM! - If the Mega Sceptile is his, which I can see it being his, I am officially stoked. (It would also make sense, because he hasn't got a Grass type in Kalos yet and bringing back Sceptile for his Mega is a perfect fit imo). Noivern, and Satoshi-Greninja also have me highly interested. I really really doubt that the Mega Sceptile would be Shota's as he isn't actually present on the poster. Plus, that would seriously kill my vibe if the Sceptile ended up being Shota's and not Ashs'.

I loved that moment at the end of the trailer where Alain walked past Ash and they had some kind of aura telekinesis going on lol. I know this will be better than the N arc from the trailer so far, I just hope that Flare is introduced slowly so we get a longer run for this series. If there is a game coming to coincide; I want it be released at least a few episodes before all the hype starts lol.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom