• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you used to dislike, but have grown fond of over time.

ZUBAT

Annoying lil shit makes me strangle my DS.
Then I taught it Poison Fang, Haze, Fly, and HOLY SH*T IT EVOLVED INTO CROBAT. Then I taught it X-Scissor. :)

The Chimchar line. It was pretty meh to me at first but now I absolutely love it.

I never liked the Zubat line up until Generation IV. Yes, I used to hate Crobat.
The Magikarp line as well.
The Sentret line.
Heracross.
Roselia line.
Ditto...
And many Generation 1, 2 and 4 Pokémon. Didn't play the new games yet, so I can't say for those.

Jolteon.
Weird as it may seem, I loathed everything about that damn creature when I first saw it. The spikes, the fact I wasted my Eevee (or so I thought) on it in Diamond, everything.
Then, I decided to use one in HG. She is the easily best member of my team today, easily going through whole dungeons on her own. I have to stop overtraining her by accident. She took out a Piloswine, for heaven's sake!
Ever since then, she, along with Electivire, have become my signature pokes. No one's really surprised to see them on my team.

I used to hate Tentacool because of... well, surfing.

But once BW took him away from us, I miss the little jellyfish. I admit, he's kinda cool now.

I used to hate Tentacool because of... well, surfing.

But once BW took him away from us, I miss the little jellyfish. I admit, he's kinda cool now.

Actually, I kind of like Tentacool now because before, they were nuisances. Then I realized how much damn EXP they gave, and that my Growlithe (who wa s apin to raise) knew Dig :).

Let's see now...
Gliscor, Tangrowth, Gastrodon, and Probopass.

I never really hated any of them, just never bothered to use em. But now they're all pretty cool on my terms.

Mamoswine. I had very little interest in it and hated its design, but then I trained it up to beat Clair and the Elite Four. Voila, now I insist on having a tank of an ice type with me at all times, if not a Mamoswine.

Vespiquen :)

At first, she was like "wtf, one hit kill usin rock type?!" Then stopped using her. But I just realized that she have 3 signature move, so I train her hard, and ka-blam. Aaron of elite four, and lucian of elite four, is defeated by only using vespiquen. (Power gem)

Now my vespiquen is level 86 and her move is (attack order, defend order, heal order, and power gem)

Tepig and Snivy. Honestly, I didn't start out liking them. I always loved Miju. But then.... I started to like them. I don't know why. They just grew on me.

I used to absolutely hate Pichu. Then, from fifth to seventh grade, it was my favorite Pokemon, and I still have an attatchment to my little stuffed Pichu.

Slowking as well. I never really liked it when I was in third/fourth grade, but it got... more exposure in the anime, plus I trained one for a while, and it's now my second favorite Pokemon.

At first I really hated Zubat, because it always creeps you up in caves, but I decided to catch one anyway and train it, and after some time it evolved into a Crobat. Now it's one of my favourite. ^_^

The Chimchar Line

I never liked Chimchar or it's evolutions, but once I picked it in Platinum, I ended up loving it. Now Chimchar is the starter that I almost always choose in Platinum (used to be Piplup in Pearl).

The Mankey Line

I never acknowledged the Mankey line, and didn't really like it at all. But now Mankey and Primeape are one of my favorite pure Fighting types, and Mankey being one of my favorite Fighting types. <3

The Gastly Line

Ugh, I always HATED Gastly. It was too common in the past Pokemon games I played, and it just annoyed the crap outta me. But I suddenly got the urge to use one in HeartGold, and ended up loving Gastly and Haunter (I never really hated Gengar).

The Doduo Line

Another evolution line that I never really acknowledged or liked. I don't know how, but somehow I ended up adoring Dodrio, and found Doduo to be adorable. x3 Now I'm using a Doduo in my HeartGold team.

Heh, the thing with me and Pokemon is that I always end up liking them once I use them in a team. :x

For me it was the female Pururiru/Frillish and the female Burungel/Jellicent. They looked so....pink! Now I can't get enough of them and absolutely HAVE to have a female one on my Black and White teams.

The male is just meh to me...

General rule of thumb: If it's an ugly Pokémon from Gen I, then there's an excellent chance I used to hate it, but totally love it now.

Doryuuzu/Excadrill. I always raged on how it keeps owning me, but I came to love it and all the Gurren Lagann jokes.

I used to hate Shaymin, but now Shaymin land form is one of my favorite Pokemon. It's so cute, I even have a Shaymin land form stylus!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom