• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you would actually redesign

Emboar would be a quadruped.

A type change wouldn't be bad either.

The elemental monkeys' evolutions would deviate more from each other, and Miju's sprite would be changed- it has lots of potential to be as pleasing as its evos, but instead they went for the whole "derp frown" thing. Rhypherior would look more like Rhydon, Golbat's mouth would be less gaping, and Empoleon would be less...pudgy.

Change just about everything about Magmar's and Tympole's lines.

While we're at it, Emboar should've been both Bipedal and Quadrupedal (being able to stand on two legs as well as four legs).
This^
If the anime shows Emboar running on fours I would be fine with its design. I mean, they did it with Beartic......

Last edited:
I think that was the whole point (or walking sticks). Conkeldurr. Elder.
Hmmm I neven noticed the name reference.
Furthermore, an old man Pokemon is a worse idea than i construction worker. I dislike Conkeldurr even more now lol

I would make Tympole more like Palpitoad (AAAHH THE HUMAN FACE) and make Gurdurr and Conkelldurr lose the Rudolph nose. It just looks odd.

Also Beartic, the crotch tuft of hair is offputting to me. Cubchoo was so cute, why can't beartic be cute too?
Because its an adult Polar Bear.....

Adult Polar Bears aren't supposed to look cute, they just look "mature" like Beartic. As their cubs look adorable like Cubchoo. Since they are babies.

Well, if there's something that I would like as a redesign, it's the fact that the new Pokemon lacked fingers. Well, Throh and Sawk thankfully have fingers (among others), but Gothitelle's family and Bisharp's oddly lacked fingers, for example. I like that Pokemon designs is able to be more complex, so if the lack of fingers on smaller hands is an acceptable thing (to make a Pokemon feel like a Pokemon), I am fine with it.

Thanks for reading.

Because its an adult Polar Bear.....

Adult Polar Bears aren't supposed to look cute, they just look "mature" like Beartic. As their cubs look adorable like Cubchoo. Since they are babies.

Dragonite is an adult, Yet still cute. Just Saying

Have the Venipede line reference Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Actually, they are not that far off from doing so, just change their names (to something that sounds better than "Vidipede" and "Vicipede") and add a laurel wreath to Scolipede to empathise the point, they pull the sentence quite well already.

Beedrill's legs should attach to his lower body on the stinger section, rather than sticking out from his chest. Makes it seem more sturdy.

Chimecho should have tiny feet underneath its tiny hands - chingling actually does have this, and it looks fine.

And of course I would add a few minor stylistic details to accentuate their main features - make Bronzor look more reflective like a mirror, give Vigoroth muscles instead of spaghetti arms, etc.

Beedrill's legs should attach to his lower body on the stinger section, rather than sticking out from his chest. Makes it seem more sturdy
That's not how wasps work.
Even if it's a four-legged cartoon wasp, its hind legs are still in the thorax. The stinger is hardly sturdy, and the joint between the two sections doesn't even have the shape for basic support. The thing would just snap in half if standing that way, such a thin "waist" isn't sturdy at all.
While Pokémon uses fantasy creatures and freely deviates from realism, it does attempt to teach at least some basic biology. (Not to mention, this is a gen. I bug)

Last edited:
I would think about redesigning Swoobat. I think Woobat is kind of cute, but Swoobat... No, just no. The only way I see it pulling off Attract is by confusing the foe first...

That's not how wasps work.
Even if it's a four-legged cartoon wasp, its hind legs are still in the thorax. The stinger is hardly sturdy, and the joint between the two sections doesn't even have the shape for basic support. The thing would just snap in half if standing that way, such a thin "waist" isn't sturdy at all.
While Pokémon uses fantasy creatures and freely deviates from realism, it does attempt to teach at least some basic biology. (Not to mention, this is a gen. I bug)

But NO! Lol I just thought a more humanoid-looking Beedrill would be cool. I understand it doesn't actually make sense for it to be like that

I'd redesign Lilligant a little only by giving it a mouth.

It looks weird without a mouth to me .

CyberEndDragon.jpg
I actually would love a three headed cybernetic dragon.
I wonder why they changed it?
Either way, Deino's line has an awesome design.

Copyright Issues?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom