• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you would actually redesign

The original conception was a tank, no copyright issues there, and its not like "similar monster concepts" have ever been an issue.

Pignite. No bras, please.

tumblr_lo3qaaRuus1qhaleao1_500.gif

slowbro giving it more differences with slowpoke cos they are the same only difference is that slowbro has shell on his tail!

That was the point.

I'd redesign...errm, Palkia. I don't like that pink. A purple would look better in my opinion, but hey, I'm a purple obsessive, so I wouldn't mind if they didn't let me change its color.

I'll redesign the legendary bird trios. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres' design is a shame to the latter legendary Pokemons. Some Hammer pants and pimp glasses will do fine.

Eventually, I usually draw Pokemon in a different style (except Pikachu) every time I draw them. Also, I think I could redesign some of the older Pokemon if they look a bit bland....

I would redesign Zubat and the Geodude line. They look a bit bland, in my opinion. Especially the Geodude looks like a plain rock with eyes and a mouth.

I don't know if this counts as "redesigning," but there are a few Pokemon I'd like to see enlarged, especially some of the big dragons. Just imagine how much more intimidating Charizard would be if it were twice as tall. I'd especially want to do this with some of the legendary Pokemon, to make them truly gargantuan. By this, I mean the Bird trio, the Weather trio, the Dragon trio (Gen IV), the Tao trio, and maybe a few others.

I'd redesign Cubchoo without the aforementioned mucus.

I'd also fix Reshiram, Blaziken, Beartic, and anything else with a you-know-what. They're not all-male species, so why do they need those? Young children play this game, and I'm sure at some point somebody has asked what exactly is sticking out between Reshiram's legs.

And Gothita. I love its evos, but Gothita doesn't quite look right. That whole family should be Psychic-Dark.

Oh yeah, I'd fix the Flygon family's types. And Shelgon and Pupitar, for obvious reasons. Make Golem look more like Graveler. And either fix Dragonite to make it look like Dragonair, or Dragonair should get a split evo.

Last edited:
I'm sure at some point somebody has asked what exactly is sticking out between Reshiram's legs.

They could also give Reshiram a gender. I thought they would remove it by the game's release,but B/W are oriented towards a bit more mature players.

I do not know if you know this, since it's been a long time since the developer's interviews, but it's true that Cubchoo's design starts from the snot. In fact, the developers wanted to show the snot animating (as in swinging back and forth as in the game sprite), so that's inspiration right there.

If I can redesign a Pokemon's stats (if the topic implies so), I would have mentioned Clefable and Wigglytuff, since they both have a movepool but their stats are outdated, and an evolution might not save them (unless GameFreak breaks yet another tradition), so that's the best way to go.

Thanks for reading.

Magmortar...just Magmortar.
For starters, I'd give the poor thing some knees and a decent sized tail so it won't have to worry about toppling over in a light breeze like a bowling pin. Swapping the hideous fish-lips for the slighly less hideous bills of it's pre-evos would be a minor improvement too.

Pokemon that may need redesigning.

There are certain pokemon I think need to be redesign so that they won't look as stupid and for organic pokemon something that can actually exist. Personally two pokemon that need a redesign are Bastidon and Tyranitar. For Bastidon the concept of a Ceratopsian is great but the facial looks is sorely lacking. First of all I think the two horns should face forward instead of sideways. And I think instead of those four tusks there should be a beak more like actual Ceratopsians.

For Tyranitar I think it looks too Godzillaish which may understandable as Pokemon is a Japanese series. I think Tyranitar should resemble slightly more like actual large Theropod dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus rex, by having Tyranitar leaning horizontally forwards and having a slightly more pronounced neck and slightly larger more T-Rex like head. I think it would be more awesome that way

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom