• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokésonas!

RebornRocks

Do it, like an Animal...
Reaction score
Pokésona! Do you have one?

A Pokésona, for those unfamiliar, is a Pokémon that best represents you. However people customize it either by recoloring it, adding clothes to it, or both. Sometimes it may take a while to find out what yours is. At first I thought Pichu would fit me, but that's when I was having tons of summer fun. I find that I am most like a Espeon, very smart and wise. (That's why I got in my avatar if any of you care). His name is Espin. But what's yours?

How does one know whether a pokemon is their pokesona?

Well the best example I can give you is with my Pokésona.

Me:
*My favorite color is purple.
*I like cats
*Psychic-types are my favorite

However, you can't just base it on what you like. If you liked the time, dragons, and diamonds, you'd be a Dialga. You also need to see if it fits you based on what it's personality is like. For example:

Me:
*I prefer daytime over night
*I like to think a lot, like most Psychic-types
*I am very loyal and trustworthy to my friends and family
*As far as I know, I have a small sense of ESP, or Extra Sensory Perception, which is basically telling the future.

And those are all qualities Espeon has. If I based it just on , say, me liking purple and cats, then I could've been Choroneko, Glameow, or Delcatty. And that's how you choose your Pokésona's base. After that, you need to personalize it a bit. Espin, my Pokésona, is orange because it feels more masculin and I like orange too. I have the black fur there because my hair is sorta like that. And the thunderbolt references my love of Lady Gaga. The shirt was just thrown in.

Gengar.

Sometimes I get into a mischievous mood. Also, I like night, and have a great sense of humor. Remember that anime episode where Haunter and Gengar were watching TV and laughing?

I'm definitely Slowbro.
I'm fairly laid back (even for an Australian), but still intelligent, even though I rarely show it.
Plus I basically live at the beach, so water-type.
:p

Hmmm, this is...challenging. Let me see. I like yellow and purple, I like learning about different places, and I LOVE to read. I can be lovable and hateful [it depends on where I am], I love birds, and I may be a bit crazy.

Maybe Drifblim? It's purple and yellow. It floats, and I like things that fly or levitate, thus my love of birds. It carries people away, but can be a cool Pokemon. And it travels at night, and I like to travel, and the night.

Hmmm, this is...challenging. Let me see. I like yellow and purple, I like learning about different places, and I LOVE to read. I can be lovable and hateful [it depends on where I am], I love birds, and I may be a bit crazy.

Maybe Drifblim? It's purple and yellow. It floats, and I like things that fly or levitate, thus my love of birds. It carries people away, but can be a cool Pokemon. And it travels at night, and I like to travel, and the night.

I'm definitely Slowbro.
I'm fairly laid back (even for an Australian), but still intelligent, even though I rarely show it.
Plus I basically live at the beach, so water-type.
:p

Gengar.

Sometimes I get into a mischievous mood. Also, I like night, and have a great sense of humor. Remember that anime episode where Haunter and Gengar were watching TV and laughing?

Gallade.

Why? I like to think of myself as chivalrous. And mildly athletic while being graceful and intelligent, and able to hold my own in a fight, despite the prejudices others may hold.

Oh, and I only have a male form :lol:

Yeah, that's how you make a Pokésona! Plus it's good that you guys choose normal Pokémon. I've seen some people who have Pokésona like Arceus and Rayquaza, they are usually the ones who like Pokémon for the battling and not for the Pokémon XD. Also, I would be tempted to make art if these were more personalized. On the topic of art, I might submit some Espin art.

What would make much more sense here is for people to list their attributes and then someone else decides what Pokesona they are. That way people aren't self-analyzing themselves in a certain way to get the result they want.

Anyway,

My two loves in life are food and pranking people. Mostly food. I don't really have a favorite color, because I see something neat in all of them *ashamed at being indecisive*..

Um...

I could be...

Haunter??? I mean it has a big mouth for food and all.. IDK, someone else see if you have a better match for me!

Maybe Munchlax would be better?

EDIT: I FOUND IT! Poochyena's pokedex entry states that it will eat anything, plus it has a mischievous look. I win.

I'm a puppy :)
Poochyena_anime.png

Okay...I'm a good person, likes to help others, can have a bit of a temper problem at times, I'm a computer geek, I'm a bit quirky, and I also like to consider myself fairly smart.

I'm gonna have to go with Porygon-Z with this one.

I don't know, i was interested at first on finding my pokesona, but i relize there isn't a pokemon that represents me the best. There is a TON of em' and it's pretty crazy. It'd be a mix of Chatot and Mightyena. Chatot because it's really spontaneous and creatve and is ment to be a showy type. Mightyena because I'm a really obscure person and sort of a loner. Weird match? I'd say so.

I love topics like this. The only problem is everyone brings out the best of their attributes and may suggest characteristics that will benefit the Pokesona they turn out to be.

Oh well! I'm not even saying I won't do it. I'm sure I'll be biased with what I say. But hey, it's all for fun!

Bay's Pros:
-Empathetic. (Meaning I can relate to and understand others feelings quite well, for the most part.)

-Fairly athletic. (In the fact that I played basketball for 8 years through grade, middle and high school. Now I try to play basketball and exercise at the student rec center on campus three times a week. :p)

-Tall! (6'3" or so with shoes on.)

-Caring. (I interact with quite a bit of people, but not often can I say I have a TRUE friend. It's not fun admitting this, but it is true. However, those who never fail me are my true friends, even if there are only one or two. The number one has to be my brother, considering we can argue and bicker, but we'll always get along in some sort of way. Thus, we're living together on campus next year when he comes to the university. Booya. Further on this subject is the fact that I really, really wish I had a younger sister. There have been two girls about three years younger than me in my life that I was close to as a friend. I felt so good helping them out with problems and chatting with them. They were the closest thing to having a sister. I only wish I had the chance to be the big brother that could always hang out with his younger sister and assist her in life.)

-Quite intelligent. (At least in terms of those around me in my area. This isn't my boasting, I'm being serious. I hate getting the feeling that I'm not prepared for what's ahead of me simply because things such as classes in college are too easy. I dunno if the professors dumb the topics down to fit the needs of my generation or if I really am ahead of the majority, but I want a nice challenge. Yeah... That sounded a bit conceited of me. Perhaps that's a con I could add.)

Bay's Cons:
-Solitary. (I suppose this isn't exactly a bad thing. I do admit, however, that I enjoy being alone and away from people for at least three to four hours a day. It's just nice sitting in silence and pondering about the world. Oftentimes I'll have to tell a friend I'd rather sit in my room than go out and hang with them. Just my personality.)

-Indecisive. (Boy, is this true. This or that. That or this. I partly blame my lack of decision making on the fact that I weigh the pros and cons of EVERYTHING. I literally have to balance things out in my mind, and I'll always come across a new point that could sway my take on the matter. This point goes not only for buying things, but choosing favorite Pokemon, what food to eat, who I want to hang out with at the time, and if I feel like doing anything on the weekend. I really do need to lighten up and have fun with whatever I choose.)

Bay's Neutrals:
-Mysterious. (I'm a bit weird with how I deal with some things and then handle others. One of the first things I can say is that: I tell people everything about me. Even someone I have just met... I'll let them know my life story and what "secrets" I have. I just really don't have a problem with letting anyone and everyone know who I really am. However, knowing that I'm so open, there comes the fact that I won't always express my opinions or feelings to even the closest of friends. Sometimes I feel it would hurt the relationship and would be better unsaid, other times I just suppress them for no reason. It's what I do, oddly enough.)

I dislike arguing/fighting. (I just don't see the point in striking someone or speaking ill of another over harsh feelings. There are better ways to settle disputes. However, if someone went to the extreme and let's say they really injured a loved one or someone weak and unprotected, I wouldn't let that go without taking some sort of action.)

Sooo, yeah. I just typed a freakin' crap load of words in hope of determining my Pokesona. What do I personally believe I am after reviewing my wall of text?

Latios_by_aocom.jpg

To clarify, this isn't just my attempt to get a good Pokemon. Yes, I do enjoy that I think I'm like Latios. But I didn't alter my personality just for it. :p

Latios care for Latias in a brotherly way, or perhaps in a more intimate way. But the brotherly one is alike me. Latios are fairly rare and don't exactly mingle with everyone else, so I thought of myself there. The fact that they are also mysterious and can sense the feelings of others quite well led me to think of my own characteristics.

And the fact that Latios is one of those legendaries that there are multiples of, it's not such a far-fetched idea to compare myself to one of the species. If he happened to be a single legendary, I would've tried to choose another. But I believe he fits.

Any feedback? Anyone interested in what I have posted? Just curious since I spent 20 minutes typing this instead of studying for a Language test. Heh.

hmmm... im thinking either Alakazam because i finish all tests freakishly fast and comprehend things extremely well.
Could be snorlax though as I love to eat and sleep... hmmm...
SNORLAKAZAM! PERFECT FIT!
(maybe ill think of a real one when I have more time XD)

Bagon.

For one, I love dragons (and the colour blue). I actually have a COLLECTION of dragons (Which are mostly blue). Plus, I'm immature and always doing stupid things. Also, I know that I'm going to grow up and be really tall (seriously) and I have this goal that I have to achieve. So it points to Bagon. But when I get to adulthood it'll be Salamence.

The goal-V
Seriously?
Perv.
Mind your own business.
Hey.
Give up NOW.
NOW.
Alright.
You Win.
Spr_5b_373.png

You'll never guess what this represents...

I'm a cubone.
I'm a loner, pessimistic, always lonely about why my life is like this, envious, random and a FIGHTER!
I don't know how that resembles cubone though. I just like cubone. ^^,

Any feedback? Anyone interested in what I have posted? Just curious since I spent 20 minutes typing this instead of studying for a Language test. Heh.

I think you express yourself very well and you have a good understanding of who you are and what you like in life. Anyone who looks at your description and thinks of it as weird should reflect on what they act like in their lives. I'm sure they think of something they do as weird.

Anyway, now to my Pokésona.

I like to read. Despite me belief in the saying "it doesn't matter what's on the outside...." I take extreme measures to ensure I don't look like a freak when out in public.

I am a very social person. I have some really good friends that I consider the "true" variety. Despite being in High School, I don't have a cell phone, not that I can't have one, it's just that I never really needed one.

I have a strong belief in God and the Bible. I hate fighting for sport and I hate people that are ALWAYS perverted. I gravitate toward people who are genuinely kind and considerate of other's feelings.

I love the color blue. I love to eat Italian food. I am Italian, for that matter and love to learn other languages.

I am pretty average height for my age. I am not very atheletic and I could only wish to make a basket in a free-throw game.

I love my family and have a strong attatchment to my older sister. Ahhh, this is pretty hard!

Well my Pokésona is... Minccino!

It cares about how it looks, it wants everything to be clean and neat. *I am a neat-freak* It is small. It looks as if it is confident of itself (Bianca's Minccino).

Wow, that was pretty nice expressing myself! :-D

Pokésona for me is Empoleon. I have a big pride, and if someone insults me... wham. KICK ACROSS THE FACE. TAEKWON DOE.

Plus I love water types.

i'm probably... well, look at my username!
i'm smug like that and i'm quite intimidating too

Mandibuzz or Seviper probably fit me well.
Too lazy to explain it.... but they just feel right.
Or perhaps Ariados.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom