• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post your favorite Pokemon anime quotes!

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
Quotes threads are fun. :) Try to mention the episode or movie the quote came from as well as the speaker/s. Also try and keep it to one at a time, to give more people a chance to post theirs.

The Evolution Solution
Brock: "I'm into legendary Pokemon, Westwood Five, you must have tons of information on 'em!"
Prof. Westwood: "Only what I've created myself, because I'm not convinced most of them exist. Right now I'm working on a fictional account of the subject."
Misty: "You mean you're making stuff up?"
Westwood: "Gah!...Well, I guess you could say I'm making stuff up, I suppose...Forgive me, Westwood the First, the Second, the Third, the Fourth, the Fifth!...I forgot, that one's me!"

There was one forever ago of these, but hot dang, a new one! xD Not all of mine have the episodes, though.

Ah well.

Heh, I collect these things, good to distract myself with.

From "All In A Days Wurmple"

Meowth: Buildin' up dose biceps, big boy?

The SPoink/Clamperl ep

James: Oh if only I could bounce like that.
Ash: Then what?
James: Well, then I'd be a bouncer.

and then there's

James: The day Jesse come sup with a great plan is the day that she'll start being nice to children and small pokemon.

The Lorelei ep

Ash: She's using perverse psychology on me.
Misty: Ash, you sound smarter with your mouth shut.

James: The day Jesse come sup with a great plan is the day that she'll start being nice to children and small pokemon.

Oh man I love that. XD *copies*

Meowth: It's times like dis I'm glad I'm a Pokemon. Dey have to get all dolled up but I can do my doity woik in da buff. (Beauty And The Breeder)

(not sure of the episode, Dues and Don'ts I think)
Meowth: "I'm wit Team Rocket too, but Pokemon get to go naked!"

James: "Letting Jessie use Carnivine is like lighting a match to fire!"

Borrowing on Bad Faith, paraphrased.

I love them for that. It's sooo funny to those who get it.

Pokemon the Movie 3: Spell of the Unown
James: "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

James: Our mirror ploy also has the contributing secondary effect of damaging a psychic pokemon's confidence against ghost pokemon consequently eroding its trainer's faith and trust in the pokemon's natural abilities and talents!
Jessie: I had no idea you had such an analytical mind.
Meowth: How'd you tink dat?
James: I just made it up as I went along. (The Psychic Sidekicks)

'At the End of the Fray'

Meowth: I should get me a pair of 'dem boots

"Gonbe's Battle Debut! The Serious Fight with Harley!!" (Japanese version)

fingangry.png

I don't know if I've mentioned this on a forum before, but this line from the parody sub's a bit of an inside joke. When I was translating this episode, I asked the other staff members what they could interprate from Harley's English. I always suspected he was saying "Harley totemo angry! Nan nano to iu!?!" (Harley very angry! What did she say!?!), but some of the staff actually thought he was saying this instead. XD All I can say is that, if Harley really did say that, it'd top Machisu's "God damn!" as one of the more surprising uses of English in the anime.

Speaking of Harley's English, I also feel I should bring up this little gem (same episode).

engrish.png

To this day, I have no clue what the hell he's really saying, but that's honestly the closest I could think of.

Last edited:
Meowth: Guess we're stuck wit da fruit we already got. (What you Seed is What you Get)

(not sure of the episode, Dues and Don'ts I think)
Meowth: "I'm wit Team Rocket too, but Pokemon get to go naked!"

That would be the Celebi movie, unless these quote was reused.

Meowth: "Dey kinda look like alphabet soup wit'out da soup."

(What ever episode ash re-challenged sabrina)

Team Rocket: (doing a dance) Even greater than the chicken who invented the egg!

(some random episode in japanese, I don't remember.)
Jenny: (says something; I think it has to do with picking up litter)
James: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!

Dues and Dont's:
"If that's democracy, i vote for communists"

This is actually re-translated line from Polish dub, US one used Republicans instead of communists - that was obviously changed because the political system in Poland is different to that in U.S. and not any kid would understand it in original form.

This line made this episode one of the best PLDubbed ever.

(one of the Red Gyarados episodes)
James: "Zero is just not right! We are at least two to three percent worthwhile!"

James: "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed a personal ad."

Hee, in the Danish version James said that he hadn't seen "this many strange types" since he placed a personal ad.

Haha.

Or the Danish version of Ash's "It's like it's streaking or something".
In Danish he said "It's like it's stripping or something" to which Brock said "No Ash, it's flirting!"

Makes sense since kids back then, for some reason, always messed up flirting with stripping. Verbally wise, not action wise ;D

Jessie: Must you always barge into our buisness?
Wobbuffet: Wobba wobba wobba wobba wobba!
Jessie: I was afraid you'd say that. (Hot Matches)

Pokemon the Movie 3: Spell of the Unown (not an exact quote)
Jessie: "Who cares if we failed this time?"
James: "We'll get another chance to fail next time!"

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom