• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Prank War Mafia, A BMU Story: Endgame, Final Prank Foiled! Town Wins! (2/6/19)

Dope slap: Max1996

I think my reasons for this are obvious.

Not at all. If I were going to vote you, I would have put "Vote" instead of "Dope slap."

Really Max, even if you missed MP's claim, ME clearly summarised it later on

@MegaPod too be fair, your options were pretty clear, assuming you can even target yourself so the most likely target for you was ME anyways. scum!Max could easily just say that. Sure it's a risk he takes but at this point mafia needs that.

At this point it's either Max or Eresh.

Eresh? Town-checked Eresh? :unsure: I was thinking more between you, Max, and Cheff, Darth. In fact, your claim really makes the most sense only if Max is telling the truth, and it’s actually kinda interesting that the Mafia would be leaving you alone with your alleged extra Cop/Doc rather than play WIFOM with either ME or me as my protection target. I’m beginning to suspect you are our last scum.
Vote: DarthWolf

Eresh? Town-checked Eresh? :unsure: I was thinking more between you, Max, and Cheff, Darth. In fact, your claim really makes the most sense only if Max is telling the truth, and it’s actually kinda interesting that the Mafia would be leaving you alone with your alleged extra Cop/Doc rather than play WIFOM with either ME or me as my protection target. I’m beginning to suspect you are our last scum.
Nothing's more solid in this Day so far, in my opinion.

Oh wait Eresh was town checked of course, totally forgot that, my bad :confused:

Cheff is unlikely as he would have to lie about his role, otherwise the cop roles seem kinda useless.
ME is a bigger threat than me, no matter what game or role. You know that, removing the biggest threat in both player and role seems logical to me for a cornered mafia. They apparantly took the risk and failed, probably panicking with Calvin gone.

Not to be rude or anything but that does sound like a Max behaviour. You're my only suspect so it has to be you.
Vote: Max1996
The only thing that makes you look town imo is the shared power with my role. Neither your words nor your actions have shown clear town behaviour.

Also, Darth flat out admitted to visiting me last night.
Given the fact that nobody died and MP was tracked protecting me...
2 + 2 = 4

Darth wanted credit for saving my butt from being killed, but he was the one who tried to kill me. He also didn’t want to lie about his target, just in case he got tracked, like I said he should have been.

Good try, old chum. You may beat me some day, but today is not that day.

ME and I always seem to end up on opposite teams.
You should know better ME
Oh yes, and, as hilarious as it would be to lynch scum!Darth on D1 again, without confirmation that he is indeed scum
It would be
Namely, the Mafia could have a Strongman shot or a Roleblocker, which would either kill me anyway or make my role useless.
Oh if only, our powers were basically useless XD
If I am town, Darth must be scum. :unsure:
Finally you understand
I think Darth and I usually being on different teams is not a good enough reason to vote for him.
actually it is a good reason

GG guys. Endgame will come in a moment.
Full on claims in a small game like this with nothing to stop you guys makes it really hard. Glad to see we kept the tradition ME.

Oh btw lone please share the mafia chat with them, aka Darth's plotting / ranting room

Endgame
Endgame: Final Prank Foiled! Town Wins!

Final Votals:
DarthWolf (4): (MegaPod, Max1996, ME, Ereshkigal)
Max1996 (1): DarthWolf

Later that day. The mods had assembled the section in front of the RM Town Hall for an announcement. RC was at the podium, preparing to give the announcement, with CO standing to his right, to give the announcement an air of officiality. Darth and Lone, however, were elsewhere. Lone had positioned himself atop the roof of the Town Hall, giving himself an elevated view of the area, while Darth was interspersed with the crowd.

“Ahem. Everyone? Hi, can I have your attention?” RC said, tapping the microphone a few times. “Okay, I’m guessing most of you can guess what I’m calling you all here about. The pranks. Seriously, just stop. It’s getting way out of hand, and we’ll need to start dishing out warnings if it keeps up.” Lone was only vaguely paying attention to what RC was saying, instead scanning the crowd and surrounding areas, trying to find what he was looking for. After a few moments of searching, he found it.

“Darth, behind the fountain. I’m on my way for backup.” He said into his walkie-talkie. As he saw Darth start to move through the crowd to the fountain behind them, Lone went to get down off of the roof and join in.

Moments later, Lone was on the ground and dashing towards the fountain. As he approached, he noticed a dark-haired figure playing around with the spout of the fountain. Lone lunged for the figure, throwing them to the ground. “GOTCHA!” He shouted.

“Lone!” The figure shouted as they pushed Lone off. “What the hell are you doing?”

"What th- Darth!?” He asked as he finally got a good look at the person he’d tackled.

DarthWolf was caught! He was a RoleCop aligned with the Mafia.
Hi there, DarthWolf, you are hair dye in the shampoo bottle.

The premise of this prank is that the shampoo in the victim’s shampoo bottle be replaced with hair dye, so that their attempts to wash their hair are met with… Colourful results.

The hair colours generally seen in this prank are highly conspicuous, allowing the victim to be easily in a crowd. This means that you can easily follow and observe your victims. Due to this, you are a Rolecop. During any and all night phases, you can replace a player’s shampoo with hair dye, allowing you to follow them and observe what they do, thereby learning their role. You can do this by typing “Replace <target>’s shampoo with hair dye”into the mafia chat.

You are aligned with the mafia and win once all other factions are dead while at least one of your own is alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

“They ran off down that alley over there.” Darth said, pointing. “But they left some device on the fountain, so I stayed behind to disable it, which I still haven’t finished, I might add.” He turned back towards the fountain.

“So then-” Lone started.

“GO!” Darth shouted as he gestured once more to the alleyway. Lone dashed off. As he entered the alleyway, he turned a few corners at random, before coming out on another street and seeing someone partway down. The perpetrator, apparently thinking they were safe once Darth didn’t chase them down, instantly shot up and bolted. Lone chased them through the streets of RM for a short while, before a body shot out of a nearby alley and threw them to the ground.

“HAHAH!” Crystal Onix shouted triumphantly as he held onto Soulmaster. “Oh, hey Lone.” CO said. “I saw someone run off into the alley, and then you run after them, so I figured I should come along and help out. RC’s speech was dragging a bit anyway.” He added to himself. “So, should we do something about him?” He asked, gesturing to Soulmaster.

“Please don’t do anything about me.” Soulmaster said.

“We’ll bring him in, but I doubt anything’ll happen.” Lone said. “No real point punishing him when he’s far from the only one. And according to Darth what he was planning to do wasn’t really that bad anyway.” Soulmaster breathed a sigh of relief as he went along with the two moderators.

TOWN WINS!

“See? I told you I could get it done.” Lone said as he sat down to relax in the Mods’ office once everything had been sorted out.

“I mean, you still started the whole mess.” CO said. “Not even a month as Super Mod and you start a prank war across half the section.”

“Aww, come on, surely Darth and RC have some blame in this?” Lone protested. “I wouldn’t have tried to prank them if they hadn’t pranked me first.”

“But our prank was in a controlled environment, where the only thing that could go wrong was another mod accidentally setting it off.” RC responded.

“You let your prank out into the section at large, where any number of things could have gone wrong.”

“Hmph, fine.” Lone said, crossing his arms. “How did you figure out it was me who rigged the cola anyway?” Lone asked after a short silence.

“Simple.” RC deadpanned. “I opened my Pepsi.” Lone laughed somewhat nervously.

“Yeah, so everything’s cool, right? We’re even?”

“Hmm, maybe.” RC said, face unreadable. Lone gazed down at the bottle of Pepsi he’d previously brought towards his face, about to be opened. He held
it for a moment, before returning the bottle to his desk.

“You know what, I don’t think I’m thirsty anymore.”

***​

Once the announcement was over and he’d observed the capture of Soulmaster, Magnificent Entertainer, who’d known about the events unfolding in F&G, nodded to himself and left quietly, pleased by how the mods had handled things. On his way back out to the Admin section, he stopped off quickly in a public restroom. He headed to wash his hands on the way out. He turned on the tap, and the faucet suddenly began bleeding into the sink. Experiencing a minor heart attack, ME stumbled backwards slightly, steadying himself by grabbing onto the sink.

Magnificent Entertainer was pranked in the Endgame! He was a Cop aligned with the Town.
Hi there, Magnificent Entertainer, you are tap water dyed red.

The premise of this prank is that red food dye be applied to the faucet of a sink, resulting in the tap water running red for a short time once it’s been turned on. This gives the victim a quick fright as it appears that the tap began to bleed when they turned it on. Just don’t forget and accidentally prank yourself when you go for a glass of water.

This prank is theoretically able to test for a guilty conscience at the sight of blood. Due to this, you are a Cop.During any and all night phases, you can apply the red food dye to another player’s sink, and gauge their response to the blood, allowing you to tell their alignment. You can do this by typing “Apply food dye to <target>’s sink” in your role PM.

You are aligned with the Town, and win once all opposing forces are defeated.

As he took another look at the sink, he noticed the “blood” beginning to run clearer. He got some on his finger, sniffed it, and finally licked it. His suspicions were confirmed: food dye. The admin sighed, he supposed there would be unsprung pranks such as this all over the section, that would need to sort themselves out over the next few days.

***​

Meanwhile, Ereshkigal found that she was thirsty, and headed over to the drinking fountain to grab a quick drink of water. She brought her face towards the fountain and pressed the button. But rather than the gentle stream of drinking water she expected, she was instead left sputtering as a high pressure blast of water hit her in the face.

Ereshkigal was pranked in the Endgame! She was a Restless Spirit aligned with the Town.
Hi there, Ereshkigal, you are a stick jammed into the drinking fountain.

The premise of this prank is using physics to your advantage. A stick is gathered, slightly thinner than the opening of the drinking fountain, but still thick enough to be able to wedge in. The end is then jammed as deep as possible into the opening of the drinking fountain, and everything past the opening be snapped off. The result is effectively a smaller opening to the drinking fountain, meaning that instead of a gentle stream of water to drink from, the victim receives a higher pressure jet of water to the face.

The sticks jammed into the fountains in this manner are notoriously difficult to remove. Due to this, you are a Restless Spirit. You are still able to make game related posts in the thread after death, but will have no vote.

***​

Later that evening, Max 1996 got home to his apartment after a day of both fun, and games. As he opened the door, however, he noticed an envelope sitting on the floor inside. Curious, he picked up the envelope, and saw that it was indeed addressed to him, though there was no return address. Shrugging, Max opened up the envelope, only to be covered in an explosion of multicoloured glitter covering both himself and his apartment.

Max1996 was pranked in the Endgame! He was a Tracker aligned with the Town.
Hi there, Max1996, you are a glitter bomb.

The premise of this prank is that the victim be sent an unassuming letter or package, spring-loaded with a pouch of glitter set to explode upon opening. The result is that the target and their surroundings become covered in glitter, getting everywhere and just being a major pain to remove.

The glitter spread by this prank is rather conspicuous, and quite difficult to remove. This makes the target easy to spot, since they’re sparkling, allowing you to follow them. Due to this, you are a Tracker. During any and all Night Phases, you can target another player to explode you glitter onto, allowing you to follow them to see who they visited that night, but not what actions they performed. You can do this by typing “Explode on <target>”into your Role-PM.

***​

CheffofGames likewise returned to his home. As he approached however, he noticed that his door was slightly ajar. Taking out his trusty frying pan, he slowly edged towards the door. Slowly opening it, he raised the pan in preparation for whoever he might find inside, and suddenly found himself soaking wet, with a bucket over his head.

CheffofGames was pranked in the Endgame! He was an Aescetic aligned with the Town.
Hi there CheffofGames, you are a bucket of water above a half open door.

The premise of this prank is simple. A bucket is filled with water, and carefully placed on top of a half-opened door. When the victim attempts to open the door to come through, the bucket loses its delicate balance on top of the door and falls, spilling its contents all over the victim, leaving them sopping wet and in need of drying off.

Due to this, you are Ascetic. If a player attempts to target you during the night, they will need to open the door, and as such will have the bucket fall on them, meaning they’ll have to go and dry off with no time left to use their role. Therefore, any non-killing night action will fail when used on you.

***​

DarthWolf had decided to take a shower, given that the stress of the day had left him somewhat sweaty and gross. As he stepped out of the shower however, he caught sight of himself in the mirror. With his now bright pink hair.

DarthWolf was pranked in the Endgame! He was a Rolecop aligned with the Mafia.
Hi there, DarthWolf, you are hair dye in the shampoo bottle.

The premise of this prank is that the shampoo in the victim’s shampoo bottle be replaced with hair dye, so that their attempts to wash their hair are met with… Colourful results.

The hair colours generally seen in this prank are highly conspicuous, allowing the victim to be easily in a crowd. This means that you can easily follow and observe your victims. Due to this, you are a Rolecop. During any and all night phases, you can replace a player’s shampoo with hair dye, allowing you to follow them and observe what they do, thereby learning their role. You can do this by typing “Replace <target>’s shampoo with hair dye”into the mafia chat.

You are aligned with the mafia and win once all other factions are dead while at least one of your own is alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

***​

As MegaPod lay down to sleep in his home at the top of MegaPod Tower that night, a loud ringing suddenly filled the room. Startled by the sound, MegaPod fell off of his bed with a thud, and began scrambling around to find what sounded like an alarm clock hidden somewhere in his room. However, he was struggling, and may be forced to listen for quite some time.

MegaPod was pranked in the Endgame! He was a Doctor aligned with the Town.
Hi there, MegaPod, you are a hidden alarm clock.

The basic premise of this prank is that an alarm clock be placed somewhere close to the victim, for example, their bedroom, though ideally in a difficult location to find. The alarm clock is to be set to ring shortly after you leave. Once the alarm clock begins to ring, the victim will become confused, and then annoyed, with the annoyance increasing as the victim struggles to locate the clock as it continues ringing and ringing.

In good results, the victim will spend an extended period of time searching for the clock. Due to this, you are a Doctor. During any and all Night Phases, you can target another player to hide an alarm clock nearby. The player will then be too busy looking for an alarm clock to leave the room, meaning that nobody will be able to kill them. You can do this by typing “Hide an alarm clock near <target>” into your Role PM.

Question time!

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the balance?
What did you think of the flavour text?
If you could change one thing about this game, what would it be?

(Also by decree of Super Mod I hereby declare that all appearances of Darth in the BMU for the next sizeable portion of time must specifically mention the pink hair)

Back
Top Bottom