• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Prank War Mafia, A BMU Story: Endgame, Final Prank Foiled! Town Wins! (2/6/19)

Question time!

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the balance?
What did you think of the flavour text?
If you could change one thing about this game, what would it be?

(Also by decree of Super Mod I hereby declare that all appearances of Darth in the BMU for the next sizeable portion of time must specifically mention the pink hair)
I did, it's been a while since I've been in my natural habitat, although short lived.

I think a roleblocker at the very least could have helped us out. There was no risk to publically claiming, in fact it made it even easier for town and it made my role useless, we were basically vanilla. Town itself seemed fine to me.

Haven't read everything yet but I'm so gonna take revenge on you for my pink hair :p
It was fun

I know 1 thing I wouldn't change, ME and my alignment

I think a roleblocker at the very least could have helped us out. There was no risk to publically claiming, in fact it made it even easier for town and it made my role useless, we were basically vanilla. Town itself seemed fine to me.
Yeah, in my head I was thinking Rolecop is more useful to find threats than blocker is to stop maybe threats, but I didn't really think about the possibility of everyone just claiming right away, thereby making you, as you said, effectively vanilla.
Haven't read everything yet but I'm so gonna take revenge on you for my pink hair :p
Oh I look forward to it.

See, this is exactly why I wanted all claims in the open.
A) it helped Town by whittling down the PoE
B) I figured Mafia’s active role was Role Cop, given the fact that I hadn’t been blocked N1.

I actually think this game was pretty balanced, honestly. If Calvin hadn’t been the GF, we’d still have Eresh and Cheff in the PoE, and Darth’s claim was somewhat suspect but actually pretty decent.
Town had 4 passive roles and 3 power roles. Tracker was NAI, and Cop/Doc are kinda necessary in most setups.

6:2:1 would have been slightly more balanced, and it would have been more fun if Cheff’s role was Mafia instead of a generic Godfather, because you had the benefits of Godfather while also being immune to the secondary info role, requiring actual scumhunting to out him.
Giving the GF a Roleblocker would have also been useful, but might have tipped balance in scum’s favor.

Either way, this game was much more balanced than Pokémon vs Digimon Mafia.

6:2:1 would have been slightly more balanced, and it would have been more fun if Cheff’s role was Mafia instead of a generic Godfather, because you had the benefits of Godfather while also being immune to the secondary info role, requiring actual scumhunting to out him.
Yeah, that was actually a really cool idea. I never actually realised how useful Ascetic is to scum before. To Town it's honestly kinda negative utility, but to scum it's the ultimate defence from night phases.
Either way, this game was much more balanced than Pokémon vs Digimon Mafia.
I mean, that's not hard

Did you enjoy the game
I did yeah, it was a fun game, some nice hunting and being able to go up against Marth is always nice
I think it was rather well done (in comparison to Pokemon v Digimon), as mentioned Town was a bit strong due to the claims, but it was fun nonetheless
Reading the actual prank war unfold and having Marth with pink hair was fun.
Having my role be with scum might be interesting to see, but otherwise I think there isn't much I'd wanna change.
Hey, the prank war is over.

Oh yeah
No, we talked to Kyriaki, and they admitted to joy-buzzing Contrainer, but it doesn’t look like they did the rest.”

“So then, Kyriaki got pranked, so they decided to prank Contrainer, who then proceeded to prank someone else, and so on until it turned into this?” Lone asked.

I HAVE ASCENDED

INTO THE BMU

Did you enjoy the game?

I did. It was quite fun, and I enjoyed reading the posts.

It was balanced pretty well. The problem was the players. My Day 1 claim pretty much threw the Mafia for a loop; killing me was useless and their ability to select Town was whittled down massively. And with ME in game, they needed to kill him quickly.

I loved it!

Give the Mafia a roleblocking ability.

(Also by decree of Super Mod I hereby declare that all appearances of Darth in the BMU for the next sizeable portion of time must specifically mention the pink hair)

Since he's a wolf, wouldn't it be pink fur?

Yes I do, Eresh. And, while I am a little upset that I couldn’t Avenge myself for my lousy performance in TWR ‘18 Awards Mafia, kicking Darth’s butt never gets old, and I think my performances in both games I’ve played since then have spoken for themselves.

Well, here's the thing that's going to really cook your noodle: How did I know? After all, that wasn't a random guess or offhand comment.

You should know better ME

It would be

Oh if only, our powers were basically useless XD

Finally you understand

actually it is a good reason

GG guys. Endgame will come in a moment.
Full on claims in a small game like this with nothing to stop you guys makes it really hard. Glad to see we kept the tradition ME.

Oh btw lone please share the mafia chat with them, aka Darth's plotting / ranting room
Endgame spoilers :lapras:
As MegaPod lay down to sleep in his home at the top of MegaPod Tower that night, a loud ringing suddenly filled the room. Startled by the sound, MegaPod fell off of his bed with a thud, and began scrambling around to find what sounded like an alarm clock hidden somewhere in his room. However, he was struggling, and may be forced to listen for quite some time.
...ah, that takes me back to when I inadvertently kept myself up all night in the Tower with my dreaded garlic bread alarm clocks!
Question time!

Did you enjoy the game?

I most certainly enjoyed the game! I had a great time trying to figure it out, and I was actually competent! Plenty of fun moments to remember, too.

The balance was done rather well, but I agree a Blocker could’ve been a good role for the Mafia to have too. Something I usually keep in mind after my ridiculous Townsided setup in CtSVM...

The flavor text was quite enjoyable, Lone!

Honestly, I wouldn’t have changed anything this game. What a great experience!

@MegaPod that’s two games in a row where you’ve had my back. We make a pretty damn good team! (y)
Always a pleasure, ME!
note to self kill MP when ME is in the game.
Y-yikes! I dunno what’s scarier, the fear of being deprived of the joy of a shared game with ME...or the exclusion of a colon from this sentence. :p jkdkm

Back
Top Bottom