• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered with Fedex, so how much do you think the fee will come to? Are we talkin' like 20$, or will it be more?

You wont get charged, I live in Perth too and I've ordered a lot of shit from Play-Asia shipped by Fed-Ex before and I've never been charged.

You wont get charged, I live in Perth too and I've ordered a lot of shit from Play-Asia shipped by Fed-Ex before and I've never been charged.
I won't be in Perth though when it's delivered, I'm going to be at a friends house in L.A, so It'll ship to her address. I wish I was in Perth though, then I could have used the customs money for other things.

Like food *Sigh*

I have looked everywhere but where on the site can I change the way I want to ship the game, I was told it was possible to change shipping options?

this is why air bubble takes so long to ship

theamazone_sg.gif

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but rather than create a new thread asking this, I will post it here instead. Is there any speculatory dates of when the English version comes out? When does the Japanese version come out? I really don't want to have to wait 6+ months for what is basically the same game. It should at most take a month to translate the whole script.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but rather than create a new thread asking this, I will post it here instead. Is there any speculatory dates of when the English version comes out? When does the Japanese version come out? I really don't want to have to wait 6+ months for what is basically the same game. It should at most take a month to translate the whole script.

The games will be released in Japan September 18th this year and in America Spring next year^_^

The thing with localization is that they have to translate A LOT (which, granted, could mostly be handled before the game is even released), they may have to reprogram some things to accommodate for glitches, they may have to redesign areas like they did with the game corner, and they have to manufacture the product so they can sell it. That takes time. But you are right, it is pretty much the same game. And one of these days, maybe I will get the Japanese version first, but not this time. Can't afford it, can't read it. What good is a game you can't read?

Can't afford it, can't read it. What good is a game you can't read?

That's what I always wondered about getting the Japanese game. Either lots of people don't care about the stuff that people say, or WAY more people know Japanese than I thought.

Well im trying to learn how to read some japanese to help me through it, but ive gotten through Japanese games before with no problems.

In my Japanese Diamond, I got all the way to the E4 without a single knowledge of any Japanese. :D

So, if I can do it, so can anybody.

I've played Ruby, Ranger, Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver in Japanese with no Japanese knowledge. To be honest, if you play Pokémon for the story, you're playing the wrong game xD

Also note that in Ruby, there was no symbols for items. FRLG added those in.

I think it's possible and if anything you can learn from it, the Japanese kingdom hearts:birth by sleep taught me some stuff but it was a little easier because i could listen to the dialogue instead of trying to read if all.

That's what I always wondered about getting the Japanese game. Either lots of people don't care about the stuff that people say, or WAY more people know Japanese than I thought.

A lot of people just want to play it in Japanese because it comes out earlier. I'm like that, but it helps that I'm actually pretty good at reading it, so I can understand the story better. Granted, not as well as English, but I can still get it. The new Kanji feature will likely help out even more.

Last edited:
Wow, sound key-chains?! Thanks pokemon, oh well maybe the NA,EU, and AUS will get better pre-order gifts, although I will like putting the reshiram key-chain on my keys. Oh yes best way to look cool in high school :3

What they should do is make ONE VERSION. Like have a bilingual option, where things can be read in English or Japanese. Then they could do a single release. And we wouldn't have to waste 50 bucks for something 80% of us cannot comprehend correctly.

What they should do is make ONE VERSION. Like have a bilingual option, where things can be read in English or Japanese. Then they could do a single release. And we wouldn't have to waste 50 bucks for something 80% of us cannot comprehend correctly.

It's your choice to waste that money. That game isn't meant for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom