• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Project Mew

seriously not gonna lie i saw this image and for a MILLISECOND thought "a gengar?? whos getting that??" until i realized that ash apparently caught a gengar this series. this is a cry for help

glad to see infernape taking a big role!! its one of my favorite ash pokemon because of its arc and story, so having an ash pokemon with actual character and personality is gonna be a WELL NEEDED breath of fresh air. tho the alolan ninetales makes me think about lillie...... i know its a pipe dream but it would be so nice to see her again especially when the alola episode implied that her characters story wasnt wrapped up yet

also who needs a mega when you have super saiyan blaze??

The theory isn’t that plausible imo, if it’s only based off clothing. Blue features far more on her clothing, and that’s the colour associated with the other Urshifu form.
My reason for liking the theory isn't because of the colors, but because of various merchandise (not an accurate predictor I know) and because Tsurugi and Asahi both seem like strong independent types, plus we haven't seen Kubfu yet.

We have had allot of merchandise showing off the bears and lizards together so I wouldn't be surprised if they debut around the same time, and from a writing perspective I think it makes both characters more interesting to give them 2 different Pokémon mains, rather than the 2 forms of the same Pokémon, unless they were competing against each other, or actively cooperating (tag teaming), neither of which they seem to be doing.

So I think it makes more sense for Tsurugi's rival to catch Kubfu and evolve it into RS (seemingly Goh), and to do the same for Toxtricity who I believe is showing up around the same time.

Applin and G-Slowpoke are in a similar situation, but I haven't seen anything besides the 1 still in OP3 that suggests that either may appear soon.

Obviously I’m psyched to see Shigeru and Satoshi’s old mons again, but honestly the thing that excites me the most is Tsurugi! It’s high time Go faced a proper challenge and a dickhead rival would be just that. It would give him a real opportunity for development which has been missing till now. I really hope that this doesn’t get resolved just within these few episodes and the guy becomes a proper primary rival for him...

Obviously I’m psyched to see Shigeru and Satoshi’s old mons again, but honestly the thing that excites me the most is Tsurugi! It’s high time Go faced a proper challenge and a dickhead rival would be just that. It would give him a real opportunity for development which has been missing till now. I really hope that this doesn’t get resolved just within these few episodes and the guy becomes a proper primary rival for him...
Bet Team Rocket wont even appear in all of this

It would be good if Project Mew bisects this series. The difference between the two fragments should be the focus. We have seen that Goh has been the focus of this series from the beginning. I'm not saying that Ash hasn't received any, If there's a conclusion to Goh's dream in this Project then what would he do after this project.
So I feel after this the next part will be mainly focusing on Ash's pawns conquering the PWC.
Though I'm not telling Goh will just disappear, there could be just switching in screentime between Goh and Ash.

Bet Team Rocket wont even appear in all of this
I see you picked up on my tactful avoidance of commenting about this :p Look, bottom line is I am disappointed at their general lack of screentime, their starvation by Morpeko and always the hole left by Miyamoto's absence in every window of opportunity to explore her story. But stating my disappointment each time only serves to depress me further, since clearly everyone else in the forum already knows how I feel!

Summary for JN068

When Satoshi and Go visit the Okido Laboratories, they find Satoshi's childhood friend Shigeru... and he explain he's part of some sort of project that will search for Mew. Take note of the fateful encounter that awaits Satoshi and Go!

Fantastic news as it implies we'll see more of him

Today's episode confirmed several things in relation to Project Mew:

• You need to pass a certain "trial mission" to qualify for it.
  • Like many suspected, Gary entered it too. His trial mission was getting a Moltres feather.
  • Qualifying for the project gets you a token with a Mew symbol on your Rotom Phone.

Last edited:
At least Satoshi has now an answer for when Tsurugi will chew them out.

'I came just to cheer on him' (Looking at Gou)

I really like the concept of Trial Missions, if they resemble the difficulty presented like we saw here.

Before even considering the battle, Gary had to spend time researching weather patterns, humidity and temperature levels, previous Moltres appearances, and other acts of data gathering to possibly pinpoint the thing (which, reasonably anyway, would be no small feat). Then came the actual battle with the Legendary Pokémon, where his strongest partner, who possessed a type-advantage and landed several super-effective moves, lost its battle. All for a feather, which may or may not have fallen during the fight (meaning he would have do the process all over again).

I mentioned it in the episode thread, but, again, I think the concept of an elite research team that is a) invitation-only and b) requires the completion of an advanced, research-based mission regarding remarkable Pokémon is actually quite an interesting concept. Done right, it can really give Go something notable to work towards in the upcoming episodes.

At this point, I just hope the eventual Project Mew team members we come to meet end up being substantial individuals rather than bland characters. Kind of like the Pokémon version of the Akatsuki.

Because Goh needed to grow and get experience first. Now he feels more ready for the Trial Missions.
Feels like a bit of a catch 22 there. On the one hand, sure he’d need to become more experienced especially if this involves high level quests. On the other hand, waiting almost 70 episodes to give one of your protagonists’ goal some depth is far too long.

Feels like a bit of a catch 22 there. On the one hand, sure he’d need to become more experienced especially if this involves high level quests. On the other hand, waiting almost 70 episodes to give one of your protagonists’ goal some depth is far too long.
It already had depth. Now it just has even more of it.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom