• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Puberty - What is it like?

If you guys were awesome like me and have a gradual deepening of the voice you have it easy ;D

I try not to talk with a deep voice because I don't want to be too loud. PLUS MY F***ING MOM WILL TEASE ME ABOUT IT. But, let's not make this about our parents.

Three word: Mood swings and stress. But once you get halfway through, it gets easier. When I started puberty at 10 years old, I REALLY got mood swings PRETTU bad. Now that I'm 12 1/2, life is a little easier. Though I'm kinda embaressed that my voice is a bit lower tban most girl's voices, but overall, once you reach mid-puberty, you start getting used to the changes.

I don't get what's so bad about it. Sure there is depression and stuff, but that's life.

Three word: Mood swings and stress. But once you get halfway through, it gets easier. When I started puberty at 10 years old, I REALLY got mood swings PRETTU bad. Now that I'm 12 1/2, life is a little easier. Though I'm kinda embaressed that my voice is a bit lower tban most girl's voices, but overall, once you reach mid-puberty, you start getting used to the changes.

Uhh.... Well said, LG.

oh, pooberty (lol). It's not as bad as it seems. the worst things really are the physical pain that comes from the zits (not the outter appearance), the mood swings, & hormones. It's great in the long run; deeper voice, physical & mental maturity (In my case anyway). In response to washing your face like you have OCD, I don't feel it's that serious. I never did it, & I never suffered from acne or face zits, & my skin is nowhere near the best in the world, but still wash it regardless. Shaving is a biz-itch; I'm supposed to do it every 3 or 4 days but I'm lazy & only do it once or twice a month... no biggie imo. If you have some mental problems (depression, etc) & dealing with the mood swings, definitely see about getting medication; it worked wonders for me since I suffered from depression, suicidal thoughts/tendencies, & furious anger. Also (this applies for guys, idk about girls), there is nothing wrong with doing that action that rhymes with masticate, screw what anyone says, everyone does it, & if they say they don't, they're lying their @$$ off. Also, be cautious of the dreadful embarrassing itch, that problem is like hell, do what you can in the realm of public decency to eliminate that problem if it comes up i.e. run to a damn bathroom.

Aside from a couple zits every once in a blue moon, I think I'm pretty much done with puberty. It wasn't as bad as it seemed, in the long run; then again I was on a shitload of medication for a majority of this rollercoaster ride.

I guess life hasn't changed much for me, it might be different for other people though.

I'm 26 and and smack dab in the middle of a quarter-life crisis. Looking back, puberty actually seems quite distant and trivial now.

Eh, it's not too bad. I've had a rare health problem involving hormones which landed me in the hospital for a bit, but it's a little personal so I won't get into that. But otherwise I'm pretty alright. As for mood swings, I get them all the time, and everything always turns out fine later.

And about the face washing, do it twice a day.

I'm female, let's get that done with first.

For me there were a lot of problems.
I started developing breasts at a younger age than all the other girls, and when all the other girls started mine were significantly larger.
It was really emotional; girls hated me for my size and boys used me as eye candy.

Okay, I'm starting a social group for teens to talk about teen problems. 1) Is there already something like this? 2) What should it be called?

Errrrr..... for me my temper blew up to gigantic proportions and my voice squeaked.

Like squeaked at worst possible moments.

And mood swings will be tough to swing through but remember its gonna end eventually.

And maybe Common Teen Problems Group or Puberty Group?

Everyone is forgetting one key thing

Masturbation
23291_119827718058688_9342_n.jpg

the weirdest thing for me was my hands. Sometimes I look at my hands and they look huge, other times they look tiny. Apparently different parts of your body grow at different rates.

*shrugs* I guess it's a part of puberty, maybe we shouldn't skip it completely, but not get perverted with it.

I starterd puberty when I was about 10.

Back
Top Bottom