• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

I really haven't had that much of a problem with it, I guess that I'm just lucky! I've had about 13 recorded wins, and only about 3 rage-quitted should-have-been-wins.

It is incredibly frustration, though. I've been tempted to do it myself a few times, but then I just consider what I'd feel like on the other end, and that stops me. Who really cares about the win/loss ratio anyways?

Edit: Why is Chansey tagged on the word 'lucky'? lol.

@Stuntology; Lucky is Chansey's Japanese name, and Bulbapedia links to the Pokemon's page when typed out. The same thing happens with Drowzee, a.k.a Sleep.

As for rage-quitting, I can admit I do that a lot. 8D; Not just Pokemon, but in Mario Kart, too. I can't stand losing, especially if I was doing so well in the beginning, only for a small bit of bad luck to ruin everything. I don't go online on Mario Kart or Pokemon anymore, since I know my rage-quits aren't very sportsmanlike at all.

It pisses me off soooo much. I don't think I've had a single victory that wasn't a ragequit since I started getting into PO again yesterday. I've had people ragequit after I've taken out a single Pokemon on their team!

It pisses me off soooo much. I don't think I've had a single victory that wasn't a ragequit since I started getting into PO again yesterday. I've had people ragequit after I've taken out a single Pokemon on their team!

Well, but on PO you do get points if your opponent disconnects. The same cannot be said for Random matchup.

As someone who used to work at an arcade and at one point was heavily into fighting games, I've seen a lot of this both IRL and through the internet. Oftentimes it's irritating, sometimes it's forgivable, but ultimately it's just a game and nothing to lose sleep over.
I can say that I don't think that judging someone solely on the act of rage quitting would be an accurate measure of the persons worth. Most of the time the act happens only as a result of getting caught up in the heat of the moment. The quitter might have had a bad day, who knows what kind of immediate circumstances they're under.

They annoy me. not because of a should-have-been-won battle, but because when you have a rematch, you realize he just studied your style then goes rampaging through your whole team like a boss.
or maybe it's just me. because admittedly, I have not much experience in battling online.

But if I'm on the losing side, I won't ragequit. It's just a game anyway. If I lose, then I have no problems about it. when you lose, accept it. learn from it. then improve your game. :)

I never rage quit in battles. I can understand if a battles not going your way, but you learn from losing it's just a game. I can understand rage quitting in something like mario kart, but then again if your in last in a tournament then your screwed and wasting your time with it. With battles you never know when you can turn it around.

Liam Neeson said:
I don't know who are you. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a win, I can tell you that I don't go easy. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make a nightmare for people like you. If you take the loss on your record now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will rant on the internet about you.

Too many battles in official Pokémon Wi-Fi tournaments end in people rage quitting. Personally, I hate it. If you're going to lose, take the loss record like a man and certainly don't deprive your opponent of a win simply because you don't want any imperfections on your highly valued profile on a children's video game. I no longer battle via Random Matchup because of it.

I'm glad that Black 2/White 2 has introduced a kind of penalty (if a match disconnects, you're not allowed on Wi-Fi for an hour) but Pokémon games need to be able to find out who disconnected and penalise them. Something like the opponent receiving a win but the DCer's record remaining the same, but with the hour loss, should be fair as it accounts for accidental disconnects to.

I'm glad that Black 2/White 2 has introduced a kind of penalty (if a match disconnects, you're not allowed on Wi-Fi for an hour) but Pokémon games need to be able to find out who disconnected and penalise them. Something like the opponent receiving a win but the DCer's record remaining the same, but with the hour loss, should be fair as it accounts for accidental disconnects to.
Well that's Good/Bad. I hope it lowers the amount of rage quitters. That's a good idea and should be thought about by the developers further.

I actually enjoy people ragequitting on me. It's far more satisfying than a regular win, knowing you frustrated the enemy so much that they just gave it up. Just adds a little extra 'flair' to a win if you will. Still, I can't entirely blame them for doing so. I know how enormously infuriating losing can be.
Yeah I feel somewhat the same about that. It depends what mood I'm in. You know You must of done good if They know They got no chance of winning.

Ragequitting--it's NEVER okay. It's unfair to your opponent.
I can agree with that. But what about if you're getting even with someone?

Surprisingly I often get the verse that same person twice or three times in a row when I battle on Random Match-ups. There has been quite a few times where I've been winning then the opponent 'Rage Quits' and I end up versing them again and I 'Rage Quit' just before they win. This way we're now even. But when I'm on B2&W2 waiting an hour to get even isn't really worth it, plus after an hour it will probably be less like for this to happen anyway.

It doesn't bother me. If I won, I won. I couldn't care less about points or the wins not going on my record.

So it's only an hour? That's a bit low, I think the penalty should be more severe (24 hours would be enough IMO).

Also, do you know how many DCs do you need to make in order to be banned? Or will just one intentional DC do the trick?

So it's only an hour? That's a bit low, I think the penalty should be more severe (24 hours would be enough IMO).

Also, do you know how many DCs do you need to make in order to be banned? Or will just one intentional DC do the trick?
I was disqualified from the last Wi-Fi tournament because too many people DC'd against me.

I think it's calculated by the total amount of battles in the tournament so far, your total amount of battles etc etc.

I was disqualified from the last Wi-Fi tournament because too many people DC'd against me.

I think it's calculated by the total amount of battles in the tournament so far, your total amount of battles etc etc.

I mean in Black 2 and White 2 Random Match-ups. ^^ You said that disconnectors get a 1 hour ban, and I was wondering how many DCs do you actually have to "commit" in order to be banned.

And I feel you pain about the tournaments. I've got disqualified from the rankings in International Challange and Spring Friendly because people kept DCing on me like crazy. :/

Rage quitting SUCKS!

Rage quitting is stupid. I never won, do when the other guy has one pokekon left and I have more, he ragequited!!!!!

It's highly unfortunate.

But until they develop technology that can distinguish between genuine disconnects and rage-quits, I don't expect to see any change.

It does sound really stupid - rage-quitting when the game is almost over. I mean - it's just a game. I know losing could be furious and frustrating but it's not like your life depends on it...

Rage quitters are annoying but I won't complain about them. I have suffered a lot of defeats over the Wi-Fi (when I actually get it working that is - it does lose connection a lot) and I felt I had to take it like the grown woman I was. However I think a lot of people who play the games might still be kids and young teens who, to put it mildly, haven't learnt to accept defeat graciously. I used to be like that when I was younger. I HATED losing and when I did lose, God, I could sulk for Unova. I'm not so bad now. I certainly don't rage quit though I can understand why some people do because no one wants a strike on their record and no one likes to lose when they're a young Pokemon trainer.

Luckily I have over 10 years experience in winning and losing battles with friends and strangers, so I'm used to it. I'm guessing its because hax hate me and I don't EV train at all. :)

Last edited:
What gets me is when you battle someone from Japan, over 1000 wins. You're winning, they rage quit.

I think its important for people to be able to face defeat though, even in a game, i mean you win then you win, but for me its more about the other person being able to accept that he/she lost o_o Not for my own echo, but because i think its just better to face defeat instead of being all angry about it :eek:

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom