• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Endgame - Rainbow Rocket has reached Orbit! - Town and Independent Victory!

Sure you didn't.
20210701_151651.jpg

...Fair enough.
But the fact still remains that I'm alive, and so are several other players in the game (and by that I mean all of the players), which means your evil plan clearly failed.
Well, I decided that the game would be too boring if I used my HA powers to kill everyone…also, it would probably be unethical.
I am glad someone is actively looking for invisible text in my posts, especially after Chaos Mafia.
I play the game as trollishly as I host the game.

Day 1 - Rainbow Rocket Launch!
Players:
1. @Max1996
2. @DawningWinds
3. @Jinjo
4. @dawn dusk
5. @HumanDawn
6. @Space
7. @TheCapsFan
8. @Feenie
9. @Tood
10. @Midorikawa
11. @Elieson
12. @Maniacal Engineer
13. @Doctor Floptopus

Hi everyone, we have lift off! :)
Let the battle begin!

It is now Day 1, phase ends on Saturday 3rd July at 10:00pm BST/4:00pm CDT!
Countdown!

For some reason I never got this ping. Weird.

Right. Anyway, it's been a while since I've played with most of you, even longer since I've been able to devote significant energy to a game, and since I feel like it, I'll give a little update as to what I've been doing in the realm of Mafia lately.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm nowhere near as good as my younger self, mostly due to a lack of focus, time, and energy to dedicate to the game. That being said, I do plan to step up my efforts this game and hope to have a fun time playing with y'all.

I play most of my mafia on Discord nowadays, where the phases are 24/24, the players are worse, the speed is high, and the thought is minimal in most instances. My play has become scrappier, I try to respond in multiple posts rather than wallposts, and I don't like to take anyone's shit.

My mindset while playing has also evolved from a democratic "innocent until proven guilty" to the exact opposite, a "everyone could be scum until they prove they aren't" kind of vibe. As such I try to make my readlists are more focused on who I would like to see elim'd and why rather than a strict alignment, and I like to put much more emphasis on scummy behavior when reading people ahead of claims, even in open setups.

When reading the game I try to pay closer attention to the things people say and if it might come from a scum alignment. This has gotten me lynched on D1 or D2 in numerous occasions in several recent games here on BMG, despite being right about the scumreads in some instances.

That's all I really have to say on that. Let's elim some mafia.

ok thecapsfan is town

Hmm who to lynch first

Vote: Jinjo

eeeeeyyyy

ok thecapsfan is town
Already getting Town vibes from Caps' post.
Disagree with this.
Caps' post is just a summary of what his play's been like since he when he was last actively playing with other people and most of the information in it probably won't do a whole for helping us read him, except that we probably won't lynch him because his play doesn't line up exactly with his previous meta on Bulbagarden, which is beneficial to him regardless of his alignment (barring Jester). It's not likely to really spark any debate or discussion of other players either.
It's pretty NAI if you consider it.

Disagree with this.
Caps' post is just a summary of what his play's been like since he when he was last actively playing with other people and most of the information in it probably won't do a whole for helping us read him, except that we probably won't lynch him because his play doesn't line up exactly with his previous meta on Bulbagarden, which is beneficial to him regardless of his alignment (barring Jester). It's not likely to really spark any debate or discussion of other players either.
Hmm… you have a point there. He didn’t vote somebody either. Though neither did MEngineer tbf.

ok thecapsfan is town

Hmm who to lynch first

Vote: Jinjo

eeeeeyyyy
Already getting Town vibes from Caps' post.
You’re both nuts. Caps basically just told us to not expect him to use his usual town playstyle, and you both jump to the conclusion that he must be Town.
He could easily just be hiding the fact that he’s rusty at the game and can’t emulate being town anymore.
Either way, Caps is mean, and so I stick with the plan to Lynch him D2. Unless something better comes along.
Hmm… you have a point there. He didn’t vote somebody either. Though neither did MEngineer tbf.
I very much did vote for somebody, thank you very much. My vote just has zero impact on any of the players in this game.
DarthWolf is very much a real person, though, and saying that he isn’t “somebody” is very rude of you.

When reading the game I try to pay closer attention to the things people say and if it might come from a scum alignment.

Could you give an example of when this type of thing has gotten you lynched on D1 or D2s?

Disagree with this.

agreed on pretty much all of this. Although.... I will say his post actually has sparked discussion.

I shall sheep this.

VOTE: Jinjo

Also confirming I got my role....
welcome back. any thoughts on TheCapsFan's post?

Vote: Max1996

for saying town vibes on TheCapsFan without giving a specific reason for thinking that

Disagree with this.
Correct.

welcome back. any thoughts on TheCapsFan's post?
Meh. Not really. I don't rely on meta for my reads so I could frankly care less about how he's been playing. Also I haven't played in a game for a while so I'll just assume everyone's playstyle has changed. I find the post pointless fluff. Not a problem on Day one, nor really at all unless he posts nothing but fluff, or tries to use the post to cover for scummy actions.

Also thank you :bulbaLove: Glad to be back.

Either way, Caps is mean, and so I stick with the plan to Lynch him D2. Unless something better comes along.
And it's not mean to policy lynch me on Day 2?

For the record, I told ME that if I rolled Vig in this game, that I'd policy shoot him N1. :p So this is probably revenge.

Could you give an example of when this type of thing has gotten you lynched on D1 or D2s?
Here's a tamer example:

In this post I call out the wording of Max1996's post for saying that prog is "clear" rather than "towny." The wording implies that Max1996 has outside knowledge. I got scumread by HumanDawn in a later post for this reason.

That's the quickest thing I could find maybe it's not something i've been lynched for but regardless i feel like i've been pretty targeted by people here recently idk

Back
Top Bottom