• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 2:The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll 8-14-

Since it looks like I'll die if I don't claim, allow me to explain why Jist is so eager to off me.
I'm the commuter. I.E. the mafia cannot kill me at night, even if they have a Strongman, should I choose to not post in this thread.
This is an X-Shot ability, and I chose not to use it last night because I didn't think I'd end up dead.

@HumanDawn; here.

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 2:The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll 8-14-

Two cops, you mean?

Yeah, with one being insane to help cause a mislynch or two. I've seen it before so it might be the case here. Depends on who claimed Cop and how. EDIT: One could also be a fool...

Since it looks like I'll die if I don't claim, allow me to explain why Jist is so eager to off me.
I'm the commuter. I.E. the mafia cannot kill me at night, even if they have a Strongman, should I choose to not post in this thread.
This is an X-Shot ability, and I chose not to use it last night because I didn't think I'd end up dead.

@HumanDawn; here.

That still sounds too much to just kill one commuter. No offence but maybe if you presented yourself as a more aggressive and assertive player it would be more believable that it's Jist's scum motivation, although I would still see it as too much to just kill one Commuter when sacrificing one Mafia player could be used to lynch better roles.
@progressforth; What PMs?

Last edited:

That actually does make sense and wouldn't contradict what I know about the two cops.
If cops are mods, then it'd also fit flavor wise

@Maniacal Engineer; Your role isn't actually very threatening to mafia if you are indeed commuter and they checked you N1. And especially not now.
If you post, which is likely, they'll just kill you. If you don't, they won't waste an attempt.

So, HD, let me get this straight. You're going to lynch me when you admit that I've been one of the most transparent players here, albeit slightly paranoid, and there is a distinct possibility that Jist's claim of being the cop is either an out and out lie or that Jist is an insane cop?
Again, in my above post, I explain exactly why the mafia would need to get rid of me via lynch.
Roleblocker, Strongman, Ninja, assuming they've got any of that, it won't work.

No, my role is not threatening, but I am. As many people have said, I point out things that other people may not notice. The only way to get rid of me is to kill me for sure is via lynch.

So, HD, let me get this straight. You're going to lynch me when you admit that I've been one of the most transparent players here, albeit slightly paranoid, and there is a distinct possibility that Jist's claim of being the cop is either an out and out lie or that Jist is an insane cop?
Again, in my above post, I explain exactly why the mafia would need to get rid of me via lynch.

No, my role is not threatening, but I am. The only way to get rid of me is to kill me via lynch.

Mafia can be transparent? Being transparent doesn't mean I won't suspect you ever. Anything is possible, but the facts remain that there's a Cop claim that's claiming they got a scum check on you, and whatever you flip, we'll learn something, and currently I think you have the best chance at flipping scum. But to bother sacrificing one of their own for just one mislynch early in the game and a PR that when claimed isn't easily trusted because of how easy it can be for scum to fake it?

As many people have said, I point out things that other people may not notice.

I don't remember anyone saying it, if many people really said it I'd expect to have read it, or for it to be point that was pushed to be legit.

PR that when claimed isn't easily trusted because of how easy it can be for scum to fake it?

If the cop PR claim isn't easily trusted, why are you trusting it? Especially when there is a counterclaim?

@蜃気楼;
Why did you decide to check Maniacal Engineer first, and not me or Squiddo to confirm two townies at once?

@Maniacal Engineer;
Please post your town/null/mafia list, if you don't mind.

No, my role is not threatening, but I am. As many people have said, I point out things that other people may not notice. The only way to get rid of me is to kill me for sure is via lynch.

mafia wouldn't lynch you till they had majority as your role to be frank offers no immediate action by mafia as your expendable.

Honesly im going to take the blame if you turn out to be town and I accept it

If the cop PR claim isn't easily trusted, why are you trusting it? Especially when there is a counterclaim?

I trust it because in my experience Mafia doesn't just lie that they got a Mafia check on somebody to sacrifice one of their own just to lynch one player in Day 2. I haven't seen it ever happen(at least i don't remember ever seeing it happen), and for good reason. I have a feeling I know who else claimed Cop, and I don't trust them if there's another Cop claim. I agree it's pretty vague without saying who it is, but I've got my reasons.

Vote: Manaical Engineer

This lynch provides the most information to the town. We lynch Engineer first to see if he is mafia. If he is, the cop claim is legit. If he is not then we have an insane cop or a mafioso. Then the next course of action would be a vigilante kill on our cop claim. Then we see which that was and hopefully get a mafioso. This lynch is low risk, high reward.

@Gaga; I checked him at first cause I wanted to see if he was someone to trust as I was going to confide in him secret stuff

but he turned out to be scum so instead of confiding in a select few im forced to tell everyone

okay, so here's the scoop. HeroicPooch apparently claimed 1-shot lynch immune. Now, I already have a lynch redirector claim from a more trustworthy sauce. Add in my already bad vibes from the guy, and we have...

FOS: Aussie Eevee

do I reccomend killing him? I'd really rather w8 for a cop check, because if I'm wrong, then we've wasted two day phases trying to kill the guy. Cop, please check aussie eevee tonight and report back to me and gags if you get a guilty read. I'd appreciate it if you reported back to me in general, but if you don't trust me enough, I'll just assume that he's town if I don't get a PM back.

Well, there goes the game...

And as I told HD, two players with lynch immunity makes sense but Zexy won't let me tell you why due to character reasons.

What's the issue in later saying his role could also prevent nightkills? Sounds like a normal exchange to me.
The fact that he claimed privately (or so he thought; there's never really much privacy in mafia ;D) as only lynch proof first just rubs me the wrong way. That's an overused phrase in mafia, I know.
The only one I directly claimed to was Maniacal Engineer. I was a little stupid in saying those things where others can see them and now that the mafia knows, i expect to be gone night 2.

I've heard that he's apparently started a "townie quicktopic". In the XY mafia, he invited me to one of those and I was mafia, and I got my teammates all sorts of info. It's a tad hard to believe that he'd go back to this strategy immediately after that incident, you'd think he'd be reluctant, especially on day 1 of all phases.

This isn't a main reason I'm suspicious of him, but I think it's somefin to point out nonetheless. He's also been acting sort of weird too, I can't put my finger on what it is, but he rubs me in the wrong way.

"apparently"? You want to share who gave you that information?

Now that people know that QT exists, I am definitely withdrawing from it as it is compromised.

The people that had access to that QT are:
Sword Master
Myself
Maniacal Engineer
HumanDawn
ProgressForth
NGH

Since Neosquid knew about my role, one of these people is scum.

tldr: Two deathproof type roles in this game makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

This is going to be epic.

@蜃気楼;

What were you going to confide him in if he were Town?(other than your claim, i'd assume) Also, you've said 2/3 times that if you're wrong we should lynch you, which shows some hesitance about what Maniacal will flip, is there a reason you think your alleged scum check will flip Town?

Aussie, how does that make someone scum? That means that someone told the masons about the QT, not they are scum.

Aussie, how does that make someone scum? That means that someone told the masons about the QT, not they are scum.

Someone told Neosquid about my role... And since only the people in that QT had access to that indirect claim, one of them has been sharing sensitive information.

First. This is only Day 2.

1. Even though mafia have a Rolecops. I doubt they find out this early, if his claim is true, that ME is a commuter. Too early. Except, if ME claim to someone before that he is a commuter. @Maniacal Engineer; Do you?
2. If ME is flipped mafia. Progressforth is new target

I actually gave Neosquid the link to the QT(there's actually really no info the Mafia can abuse in it and AussieEevee's Deathproof claim is already out), but it seemed like he might have had it before, and he already had information that AussieEevee claimed 1x Deathproof.

EDIT: @Gaga; Is there anyone that could it Commuter in your opinion? It's probably irrelevant and even if there was I doubt it would change much of anything but I'd still like to hear who could fit regardless. also anyone else in rm could answer this really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom