• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Do they just spontaneously show up when you visit the other version?

You have to go to the other version's area and talk to their characters. They should appear in you game after that.

I meant it more along the lines of: they don't have to be residents in the other person's game to show up while you're visiting? Otherwise, if the other person is out of residents, you have nobody to recruit....

Do they just spontaneously show up when you visit the other version?

You have to go to the other version's area and talk to their characters. They should appear in you game after that.

I meant it more along the lines of: they don't have to be residents in the other person's game to show up while you're visiting? Otherwise, if the other person is out of residents, you have nobody to recruit....

I'm almost certain at least one or two characters will always remain. If you talk to them, and I believe, just that fact that you did an Entralink, will make a couple more characters appear with them regardless. So like, if they have the last two, and you talk to them, maybe in you game you will have four residents. Sorry if this isn't totally clear or accurate, it's been a while since I've Entralinked.

My Golurk just shrugged when Korrina's Hawlucha tried to pull a Flying Press. However, if Titan hadn't been there, I might have been equating Korrina with Elesa in terms of difficulty.

If you're using a Golurk in the first place, you're severely over leveled. Never mind a Ghost-type resistance to add on top of that.
My Golurk's always over leveled. I'm not being facetious here: I get a Golett and I go nuts training him. He's the one who gets to 100 first and he's usually five to seven levels above my starter. Of course, I figure my team captain kinda deserves that honor. :sweatlol:

Another nittering complaint: why is so little of the game in 3D? I was taking the Double Battle challenge in the Battle Maison and was severely disappointed as the battles were in 2D. Yeah, I get it: we don't want younger kids to screw up their eyes. But really, parents can restrict the 3D if they needed to; why are so few of the areas in the game in full 3D? It just feels... wasteful to me.

Hello, Complaint Thread. My old friend.

I was trying to trade a Whismur with a Venusaurite on the GTS, but it wouldn't let me trade a "special item." Total bull, I should get to do whatever I want with it. I get not wanting to accidentally trade away a rare stone like that, but still.

I was trying to trade a Whismur with a Venusaurite on the GTS, but it wouldn't let me trade a "special item." Total bull, I should get to do whatever I want with it. I get not wanting to accidentally trade away a rare stone like that, but still.

Why were you trying to trade a Whismur holding a Venusaurite? It's an odd combination. xD

Why were you trying to trade a Whismur holding a Venusaurite? It's an odd combination. xD
Because I wanted to see if it could work. :p

Because I wanted to see if it could work. :p
Oh. Of course. :p

Another nittering complaint: why is so little of the game in 3D? I was taking the Double Battle challenge in the Battle Maison and was severely disappointed as the battles were in 2D. Yeah, I get it: we don't want younger kids to screw up their eyes. But really, parents can restrict the 3D if they needed to; why are so few of the areas in the game in full 3D? It just feels... wasteful to me.

I think it's because trying to show everything in full 3D would put too much strain on the 3DS or something. I've heard that the frame rate drops considerably when playing in 3D. I don't really use the 3D, however, so it doesn't bother me.

I think you can trade them normally, though, because I know I received a Charmander holding Ampharosite in a regular trade.

But I get what you mean about the GTS. If I want to trade my Keldeo for a Shiny Slurpuff, then I should be able to do so. It's my "Special Pokemon".

I think it's because trying to show everything in full 3D would put too much strain on the 3DS or something. I've heard that the frame rate drops considerably when playing in 3D. I don't really use the 3D, however, so it doesn't bother me.
It's been a complaint with others, though. A lot of my co-workers who played through X and Y feel as though it was only half finished, due in no small part to the lack of 3D. They really felt cheated and I do as well; I mean, if it's meant for the 3DS...

I think you can trade them normally, though, because I know I received a Charmander holding Ampharosite in a regular trade.
You can trade them normally, so why can't you trade it on the GTS? I'd ask people to trade for me, but I don't want to continually bug people to do it for me. I might just have buy a second 3DS. :/

I was originally upset by this too. When I first got into a double battle, I was paranoid that my game wasn't functioning right (didn't even realize that the countless horde battles I'd been in we're not 3D). But I see why they did that. I play a lot of doubles and triple, and just having all those extra Pokemon on the field slow down the Pokemon (it's extremely apparent with a Pokemon that is flapping its wings). Likewise, the 3D effect, though awesome, is not perfect, and also slows down the animations of Pokemon. I can only imagine how painful a triple battle in 3D would be, simply because of all the lag.

EDIT: this was supposed to be a reply to Sylverwynde about the framerates and 3D issues, not sure how I managed to mess that up.

Why does the Stone Emporium not sell good stones? I have plenty of Fire, Water, and Leaf stones but I can't find a single Dawn Stone. D:

That is annoying. It's like the Poke Ball shop, they display stock that they will never sell you.
I see a Cherish and a Master Ball in there, I want it! I don't care how expensive it is!

That is annoying. It's like the Poke Ball shop, they display stock that they will never sell you.
I see a Cherish and a Master Ball in there, I want it! I don't care how expensive it is!

Those Poke Ball types are unavailable for good reason, though.

Master Ball solution: Win the lottery

Wish the GTS allowed selecting certain forms. I'm trying to collect all the Unown forms, but even with a message asking for a certain alphabet, I always get the forms that I already have...

Those Poke Ball types are unavailable for good reason, though.

Oh naturally, but I wish I could sue the shop for false advertising or something. Don't put them on display if you won't sell me them! I'm a champion, I've been given a Master Ball by the guy who makes them, I basically saved the world. Give me a break, Monsieur!

The challenge keys are gone. Or heck, what if Gamefreak made a canon nuzlocke mode?
I haven't really found anything I don't like in X/Y, because I know Z (or something similar) will be out in the next few years.

It was a big jump for the DS to the 3DS and Gamefreak made the jump quite nicely.

Only 68 new Pokémon? This is my main complaint because I was planning to assemble a team of mainly 6 gen. Pokémon, but all we got were 68. My team only has, like, one 6 gen. Pokémon!
Also, I found Team Flare to be a bit too goofy for my taste, though Lysandre did surprise me with his plan in the end. Funny thing is, I made a similar prediction waaaaaay before X and Y came out, and they were only showing the previews.
The storyline itself was rather bland. Beat the gyms, beat the bad guys, get legendary, beat Elite Four, done. The post-game was tiny, but I'll have to admit I did enjoy it. I wish there was more to do other than breed shinies and perfect Pokémon, as I am not a very competitive player. I was looking forward to this game to have an awesome storyline like Black and White did.
'Cuz of the hikers that mention different places, I'm starting to think X and Y were more like stepping stones, kind of like Yellow was. It's just something for us to do while Game Freak comes up with something awesome. I guess we'll see.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom