• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: Why did you choose your username?

Opened up a dictionary, placed my finger down... but I didn't like it so I scrolled down and noticed "Sobriquet-A Nickname" and was sold. AIM added the P since Sobriquet was already taken :/.

When my mom was helping me set up my first e-mail account, I had some trouble coming up with a name. My dad suggested "zcat". My name starts with a Z, and I love cats, so it was perfect. (Or should I say, purr-fect. :p) Now, I always use some variation of Zkat or Zkitty on the Internet.

The story of my username is a short one, but I don't mind telling it. I came up with it before I got my own computer and unlimited access to the internet, when I was coming up with a name to call myself in my fanfictions (which I didn't know were called fanfictions at the time). I watched Terminator 3 and the name of the "Terminatrix" got me thinking. A female whose greatest asset is her imagination could be called an "imaginatrix". That's how I came up with it. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the realm described here, although I was most amused to find that page when I randomly put my username through a search engine.

I have used this name and variations thereof since I joined Fanfiction, and I love it. It's totally me, and I honestly don't mind being called Trix for short (not Trixie. Very few can get away with that).

So yeah, that's it. :D

Well, for Christmas I got the giant plush giraffe shown in my avatar. (His name is Joliet Jake. Call him JJ. But it changes depending on what movies I saw recently.) I also, by a weird streak of luck, got a giraffe flash drive that same Christmas and all of a sudden giraffes were my favorite animal. The Peaceful part, I have to go back to a time when I was up at my neighbor's cabin. We were having a snowball fight, but my brother wasn't participating. Instead he was laying down on the ice and declaring himself a Peaceful Whalerus (which I have encouraged him to use as a username.) When I got tired, I flopped down next to him, and he asked if I was being a Peaceful Whalerus with him. I said no, I would rather be a Peaceful Giraffe. And that's the story of my username!

I am a DJ in real life. I started working as one about 6 years ago, in my sophomore year in high school, during a school dance because the real DJ had a big emergency (he told me that his wife was in the hospital.) and had me step in for him. After it was over, I visited him in the hospital to give him the money that he earned for the gig, but he insisted I keep it and keep his equipment so I can take over for the gigs he was scheduled to do. The next day, when I told my friends about it, they said I should come up with a stage name for when I become a famous DJ (I'm not really planning on turning it into a career, I do it because I like it, but they really wanted me to.) so when we began brainstorming, my best friend, (whom I just met at the time) said, what about "Omega"? When I asked her where she got it from, she said it came from Omega Shenron from DBZ GT, and E123-Omega from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. After I wrote it down, I liked it and stuck with it ever since. Nowadays, people call me Omega. The only times I've used my real name was for school. It's kinda grown on me.

It's just a username I became fond of. I commonly just use Dynamo, though I add Rox4Sure if Dynamo is taken (which it commonly is). I first used the name (Dynamo that is) on my blog. Afterwards I began to use the expanded name. I first used DynamoRox4Sure on my Steam account and I liked the name.

Well, actually, ElectricPiilot came from a near-decade of trying to find the perfect username. I've been using it since early-mid 2013, so not every account I currently use is named E.P.
I've been using the Internet since like, 2007? At the time I used the name Blackchows, as I'd adopted a black chow chow. After that it evolved to Flor Ozzy in 2008 (Florida and Ozzy because well... I saw a WoW commercial with Ozzy Osborne in it and I was like: "GREAT IDEA!"). I think I might have been about 8-10 at the time... So yes, that was the name of my Club Penguin account.

I stayed that way until 2010, when my main account on GaiaOnline was hacked, so I had to run to my mule account which I had named Jessi in 2D. The one I used prior was called Jessi in 3D, and after a while I started to feel like it was too bland for my tastes. I was also getting into Bleach (I was 12 don't judge), and then decided to start calling myself Soul Reaper Jessi (or ShinigamiJessi for sites/forums that wouldn't allow spaces). Whenever possible, however, I snatched up the username Jessi.
Around 2012 I started bouncing from every other combination of name I could think of, such as: JessiGurren, AmeriJessi, JessiLovesCrayons, JessiDerp, DerpyJessi...
Anddd then I settled on ElectricPilot.

ElectricPilot came as an idea when I was writing some notes back and forth during my freshman year of high school, kind of like my secret alias because only select people knew that I was going to go on and become a pilot, as well did very few know my preferred type of Pokemon was electric.
So I started writing my fanfictions, original works, and other forms of literature using "E.P.", so that if somebody found it, they wouldn't know it was me. Sure, my cover would've been blown if they recognized my handwriting, but I don't think anybody would have tried hard enough to identify the author and would have thrown it away.

But then I decided that my Tumblr and my Twitter should be switched to ElectricPilot because it was just so catchy to me, and so I did. The only reason now that I primarily use ElectricPiilot (note the double "i" in "pilot") is because the former was already claimed on Twitter. I decided on the double "i" usage to keep my usernames consistent, and the only exception is my Tumblr url.
ElectricPiilot means everything to me in forms of identity, as I've long-since loved aviation. Not to mention; I do live in the lightning capitol of the world. What's more fitting than ElectricPiilot? Though aircraft and lightning don't mix too well...

I've always been curious to hear how people got their usernames! You have lovely names, trainers.

My current name, Murkmire, is a result of constant contemplation of what would best represent my character in two words that worked together. This took quite a while, but I love it still, and couldn't think of a better one.

To put it simply, my nickname means "Gloomy Swamp." I absolutely love swamp themes, and I'm a bit of a gothic individual. So, there you have it. That's how Murkmire was born.

My real name is Jan. My fathers uncle was named Johann and I was named after him. Jan is the short-form of Johann in Germany. I never got to meet my fathers uncle, but the stories about his life and how he affected others, especially my father, helped me through a lot of crap in my life.

Out of some weird form of respect, I came to call myself Johan in quite a few places. The (german) form of Johann closest to it's short-form: Jan.

Mega Bluestoise was an idea I came up with some weeks ago.
One of my old usernames was BlueWartortle, so I thought I should change to an "evolved" form.
I like Mega Blastoise, but I wanted to include Blue somewhere in the name. So, Bluestoise.

Last edited:
When choosing a username, I wanted one that sounds like Raise, or close to it like Rhyz, Rezar, Rayz or Raz. But, I know that I also want a 2-syllable username, preferably something that ends with -en.

After trying all sorts of combinations and spelling, Rayzen seems to be the best option.

The KOTBC is my Pokemon clan me and my friends compete in at school. I won The clan tournament the last two years and am the best player so that's where I got my name

I'm usually called DarkMeow or DarkMeow159. DarkMeow came from this fake Pokémon that I came up with, and me never being able to come up with names, I named it the most unoriginal name ever, DarkMeow. After a while, I started using this as my username cause I thought it was cool. The 159 part comes from how my dad seems to be obsessed with the number, so I just tacked it on because DarkMeow is usually taken.

I started using the online alias TwilightBlade in 2007, right on the moment of the North American release of Diamond and Pearl. My twin brother was still playing Pokemon and he wanted to join forums to trade... His online alias is Razor, so I first decided on Blade. Also, I played Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess around that time, and I liked references to dusk, night, and darkness in general. So there you have it. Although it's kind of nubby, it's the username most people in the WiFi realm across several Pokemon forums best recognize me as.

A lot of people just know me as 'Z' in real life so I just added a '.1' as some type of quirky thing I guess. I don't know, it made sense in my head.

I guess in real life I'm just 'Z' but online I'm 'Z(Version 1)'

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom