• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia RESIDENT EVIL 2 Remake Mafia by RavenRaziel98

Oh yea I didn't end my critique.

Just give scum hated godfather a standard rolecop power, make their roleblock impossible to fail, and make the strongman 1x deathproof for theme'atic...balance...if you wanna be creative, make it 1x deathproof as long as it has a specific buddy alive or something
make the town lychproof a 1x deathproof, make the doc into nothing at all, allowing the strongman to change itself into something that might be more thematically appropriate or powerful, and also be able to be the one thing to bypass the deathproof.

And I think you've got a much more balanced game. Scum has a bit of protection to offset their inherent weakness outside of simply being able to protect themselves from one vig's bullet, plus they can learn things, while town is still powerful in the territory of claiming but risky in that their lynch safety plug in the form of Lynchproof isn't essentially immortal, and the Masons are basically town's punching bag in case things go wrong but not too wrong too fast. Early game mason double death is not a bad thing in this setup (D2 after a misplaced vig shot, mislynch and scum kill bringing down potentially 4 people makes the game 5:3:1.
Lovers lets the gamestate as of D2 become kingmaker with the Jester able to pick the winner because then it'd be 4:3:1 and a tie in votes makes the game randomly lynch which is uncool to place the literal fate of the game on an even more literal coinflip as early as D2.

It may or may not be a biased opinion due to me having been one of HD's scumbuddies, but I was at a loss for words on Caps (And to some extent Mint's) skepticism over HD conceding. Like, HD himself said he was literally handing Town the win.

It may or may not be a biased opinion due to me having been one of HD's scumbuddies, but I was at a loss for words on Caps (And to some extent Mint's) skepticism over HD conceding. Like, HD himself said he was literally handing Town the win.
Few reasons.

One, as town, never trust the word of someone who claims they're scum. There is no downside to this. If they are actually scum, you shouldn't trust them anyway. If they are lying about being scum, then they will eventually reveal they are lying or joking when pressure is applied.

Second, in a game with alternate win-cons, there could always be some ulterior motive for people doing things, so you have to stay on your guard.

Third, I've been burned by people lying about this sort of thing before. In my semifinal champs game, Arete did this in LyLo with hammer on after I voted. Granted, that was a different situation where they were deliberately lying to try and suss out the scum between me and the actual scum, whom I was crossing, but I completely fell for it because I hadn't seen anyone do that before. So now I am more wary about people lying about being scum in endgame.

Fourth, HD was low on my priority list. Zinn, at least, was a higher priority & maybe Ex as well - though he would have proven his role eventually. I was not seriously considering HD for scum at that point. It also isn't like HD to concede and I was confused why he would, because he absolutely would've been able to pull off hiding for another day or two before being lynched. I guess he figured out the masons and realized that with the masons, he would eventually get found out. So, I wasn't sure if maybe he was an indep trying to pull something. The best thing for me to do was to just wait it out & hold my ground.

We could have held the game out for another day but I was already motivationally exhausted and the inevitable defeat was too much of a demotivator to continue on the act.

sigh I apologize to town for my poor overall play this game. I am trying to work on it, I promise. I am glad I at least found Space but unimpressed that I didn't press more - I think I was caught up with the fact that her fakeclaim seemed believable because I knew there was a doctor.

Personally I think I need to slow down when responding to things in the thread, like I did on D3, but at the same time Midori found a lot of my D1 quick-response play to be town...maybe I just need to slow down earlier, IDK, like on D2. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

I think this sort of thing also happens when I am a PR versus a more passive or vanilla role, too. I feel like I have something to prove because I have something to hide, which makes me try harder, but that can be seen as scummy, if that makes sense.

Nobody saw this coming.
It’s not as though I warned him or anything.
Yeah. I didn't realize it until Minish's post right before I voted Space, but in hindsight they hinted at it multiple times
Dude we plastered it. I even dropped a hint day 1, and hugged every Min post. I’m shock it took so long for anyone to finally catch.
Min and I thought he had some extra ability or wincon that would make him win if he knew all our roles. Town wincon had us thinking that we had more than just mafia to contend with.
sigh I apologize to town for my poor overall play this game. I am trying to work on it, I promise. I am glad I at least found Space but unimpressed that I didn't press more - I think I was caught up with the fact that her fakeclaim seemed believable because I knew there was a doctor.

Personally I think I need to slow down when responding to things in the thread, like I did on D3, but at the same time Midori found a lot of my D1 quick-response play to be town...maybe I just need to slow down earlier, IDK, like on D2. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

I think this sort of thing also happens when I am a PR versus a more passive or vanilla role, too. I feel like I have something to prove because I have something to hide, which makes me try harder, but that can be seen as scummy, if that makes sense.
It’s not the quick posting that I found town. It was you engaging and asking questions, and showing a willingness to explain and listen.

It’s not the quick posting that I found town. It was you engaging and asking questions, and showing a willingness to explain and listen.
Right - but what changed on Day 2? I suppose I could go back and look at the ISO. Stuff around gentlefeather, I presume? Or the specifics around the PR and Roleblocker stuff?

The latter was pretty much, for me, that something was just wrong and unexplanable, and I couldn't figure out what & couldn't move past it until I could.

Right - but what changed on Day 2? I suppose I could go back and look at the ISO. Stuff around gentlefeather, I presume? Or the specifics around the PR and Roleblocker stuff?

The latter was pretty much, for me, that something was just wrong and unexplanable, and I couldn't figure out what & couldn't move past it until I could.
You just kind of stop being inquisitive and it seemed like you were schmoozing up to Human

I just didn’t see the play as optimal in any capacity. Still don’t. Especially from my position as doc where I know there’s more than likely going to be a strongman in the game to balance that out.
You should have waited until day 2!
So...it's time for me to fess up. I know my play was decidedly not optimal this game, and I want to apologize to the other players, the host and MoD, and the spectator for that.
However, I always play to win, and I do feel hurt by the insinuation that I outed myself as Cop on Day 1 solely to "suicide," because I hate the role.

That kind of bad sportsmanship is never my style, and I would have hoped that you all knew me better than that.

So...why did I do what I did?
Well...it's difficult to explain, but, as with everything I do, there was an underlying plan that tried to consider multiple branching paths.
Ultimately, the reason I outed on Day 1 was for a couple of reasons.

The first being that I am well aware that I am arguably the best "policy" lynch on D1, hell, Caps said it himself:
For example I immediately "policy voted" ME upon entering the thread because I never trust the guy.
And he's not wrong.
I tend to play a lot better as mafia, and I tend to play fairly shit as town.
So yeah, I am a fantastic policy lynch, but that was only part of the thought process.

The other part is that I tend to be a popular N1 kill for scum. Whether out of misguided fear, or just for amusement. HD basically said as much here:
If it makes you feel any better @Maniacal Engineer, I thought of killing N1 before your outing for fun :)
So I analyzed and consider the odds of who, as scum, would potentially want to kill me N1, and I knew that, out of the quartet of Caps, HD, Elieson, and Midori, at least one of them would be scum.

My calculations suggested that Midori and Elie would be inclined to keep me alive, both for memes and amusement, but Caps and HD would be more inclined to kill me, either out of fear or "for fun."
I also figured that, in the event of Max being scum, there was a very high probability that I would be NK'd N1 out of fear, because I have busted him numerous times in the past, and because, since they are better players overall, Midori, Elieson, and HD tend to be more predictable Doc protects on the first night than I am.

So, the way I saw it, there was a non-zero chance of me being policy lynched Day 1 and a significant non-zero chance of me being the N1 kill, which meant that, if I did nothing, I would still be dead by D2.

As such, claiming was probably one of the smarter decisions that I could make, even considering the possibility of a Strongman, because I figured I was a deadman anyway, and my claim would potentially accomplish one of two "favorable" outcomes.

Outcome 1: Scum would not believe my claim, and would assume I was a Bomb or PGO claiming to be Cop in order to deliberately draw in the NK and kill off at least one of them in the process. In this case, while I would probably be Roleblocked, I would survive and continue to gain momentum scumhunting as the game progressed. Granted, this was a very big gambit and part of where the WIFOM came in, but there was always the possibility of...

Outcome 2: Scum decides to kill my ass anyway, in which case I was no worse off than I assumed I would have been anyway, and, either the kill would fail, which presumably would mean scum had no Strongman, or the kill would succeed and I would sop up one of the Strongman's (theoretically) limited bullets, making Doc protection a shit ton more valuable moving forward. Additionally, if there was a role like Tracker or Watcher in the game, it provided a damned good possibility for town to catch the Strongman killing me, and thus rid town of a massive threat, also making Doc protection more valuable moving forward.
The last part was pure speculation about the game setup, but I figured that a "standard" setup could easily include a Watcher and scum might hesitate to kill me because of the possibility of a Watcher.

As part of this plan, I would remain silent for the vast majority of N1, hoping to create more WIFOM, and then show up last second, with a complete reads list, allowing my confirmed townie thoughts to help out the Town when I inevitably flipped at the start of D2.

So there was an underlying plan, and solid logic, reasoning, and motivations behind it.

However, it all fell apart for two reasons.
1. The Strongman was infinite and Town didn't have a Watcher or Tracker. Not my fault, and I always knew this was a gamble.
2. My implementation of the plan sucked.

Elieson said it himself of my "last will and testament:"
Your post is awful
And he isn't wrong.

Despite my earlier assertations to the contrary, I found myself mostly coasting along in this game, without the brainpower or concentration that the game needed. The end result was basically skimming over most of the non-Caps, Mido, Elieson, and HD posts, which, was not a winning strategy.
I didn't have the motivation to play to my best capabilities, and, working around not only my Sabbath but also my busy streaming schedule, made focusing on the game impossible.

And you all deserve better.

To be honest, I think a ton of the "hype" around me is, and always has been, inflated. I am not all that good at mafia, especially when I am town. I just end up floundering around and waiting for a better player like HD or Elieson to point me in the right direction. (Hell, because of Elieson's posts on N1, I changed up my action last minute from him to gentlefeather. Imagine if I had actually survived and hadn't been blocked how different the rest of the game would have gone.) But, on my own, I'm really not that formidable, even at my best.

And I can't summon up the motivation to give you all my best anymore. So I'm calling it here.
I'll take the one final, undeserved, victory, and call this the final game I will ever play. For real this time.

I have no intention on coming back and playing mafia ever again.

This is nobody's fault but my own. I joined this game of my own free will. I joined it because I wanted to. But this game taught me that I just can't do this anymore. I can't live up to my previous exploits. I can't even put two thoughts together properly, for Arceus's sake. (I mean, look at how far off the goddamned mark my final in-game thoughts were!)

So this is it. It was a fun run while it lasted, but all things must come to an end.

I've enjoyed the games I've gotten to play with you all, and, more than anything else, I want TWR to flourish again.
But I'm burned out and rusted beyond repair, so I cannot carry on as a player.

I'll leave you all with one final Farnsworth meme, and hope you all remember the good times as fondly as I do.

badnews.jpg

My calculations suggested that Midori and Elie would be inclined to keep me alive, both for memes and amusement
For what it's worth

If I were mafia, and you claimed cop in front of me, I'd have found reasons to keep you alive for at least another 2 days and had more fun with you.

For what it's worth

If I were mafia, and you claimed cop in front of me, I'd have found reasons to keep you alive for at least another 2 days and had more fun with you.
I said it in game, I wouldn’t have killed him because I enjoy the challenge.

Also @Maniacal Engineer i only say you should have claimed D2 so you had a check under your belt, but I don’t hate or disagree with what you did.

I hate indep and almost always claim it immediately and announce my wincon because I just suck at playing indep.

I also hate cop too. Especially in Star Trek mafias. It’s a hard role to play with an aggressive playstyle since it’s an important role to town. I’ve been killed by town as cop twice because of my aggressive style.

So I’m not made because I get your feelings and do a similar thing with indep. Not for a moment did I think you hated it so much that you didn’t want to play. You just wanted to have it be out of the way so you could enjoy the game.

This is why all vanilla games are best.

Dude we plastered it. I even dropped a hint day 1, and hugged every Min post. I’m shock it took so long for anyone to finally catch.
I just thought you two were good friends.
Min and I thought he had some extra ability or wincon that would make him win if he knew all our roles. Town wincon had us thinking that we had more than just mafia to contend with.
That's why I fake claimed Bus Driver at the end xP

@RavenRaziel98 Do dead Town still win with Town? I need to know if ME's final game was a win or loss for him.

I always try avoiding ME in the first few phases because I know he doesn't get to play much, he's fun.

Have the allies that died during D-day lost the war because they were shot? I don't think so, a win is something that can go beyond life imo.
If I had a gold digger wife who maybe even murdered me, and I would die, when she reads my last will saying that everything goes to charity I would consider this a post mortem win.

Tl;dr: Town is a team and when a team wins this means the entire team.

So...it's time for me to fess up. I know my play was decidedly not optimal this game, and I want to apologize to the other players, the host and MoD, and the spectator for that.
However, I always play to win, and I do feel hurt by the insinuation that I outed myself as Cop on Day 1 solely to "suicide," because I hate the role.

That kind of bad sportsmanship is never my style, and I would have hoped that you all knew me better than that.

So...why did I do what I did?
Well...it's difficult to explain, but, as with everything I do, there was an underlying plan that tried to consider multiple branching paths.
Ultimately, the reason I outed on Day 1 was for a couple of reasons.

The first being that I am well aware that I am arguably the best "policy" lynch on D1, hell, Caps said it himself:

And he's not wrong.
I tend to play a lot better as mafia, and I tend to play fairly shit as town.
So yeah, I am a fantastic policy lynch, but that was only part of the thought process.

The other part is that I tend to be a popular N1 kill for scum. Whether out of misguided fear, or just for amusement. HD basically said as much here:

So I analyzed and consider the odds of who, as scum, would potentially want to kill me N1, and I knew that, out of the quartet of Caps, HD, Elieson, and Midori, at least one of them would be scum.

My calculations suggested that Midori and Elie would be inclined to keep me alive, both for memes and amusement, but Caps and HD would be more inclined to kill me, either out of fear or "for fun."
I also figured that, in the event of Max being scum, there was a very high probability that I would be NK'd N1 out of fear, because I have busted him numerous times in the past, and because, since they are better players overall, Midori, Elieson, and HD tend to be more predictable Doc protects on the first night than I am.

So, the way I saw it, there was a non-zero chance of me being policy lynched Day 1 and a significant non-zero chance of me being the N1 kill, which meant that, if I did nothing, I would still be dead by D2.

As such, claiming was probably one of the smarter decisions that I could make, even considering the possibility of a Strongman, because I figured I was a deadman anyway, and my claim would potentially accomplish one of two "favorable" outcomes.

Outcome 1: Scum would not believe my claim, and would assume I was a Bomb or PGO claiming to be Cop in order to deliberately draw in the NK and kill off at least one of them in the process. In this case, while I would probably be Roleblocked, I would survive and continue to gain momentum scumhunting as the game progressed. Granted, this was a very big gambit and part of where the WIFOM came in, but there was always the possibility of...

Outcome 2: Scum decides to kill my ass anyway, in which case I was no worse off than I assumed I would have been anyway, and, either the kill would fail, which presumably would mean scum had no Strongman, or the kill would succeed and I would sop up one of the Strongman's (theoretically) limited bullets, making Doc protection a shit ton more valuable moving forward. Additionally, if there was a role like Tracker or Watcher in the game, it provided a damned good possibility for town to catch the Strongman killing me, and thus rid town of a massive threat, also making Doc protection more valuable moving forward.
The last part was pure speculation about the game setup, but I figured that a "standard" setup could easily include a Watcher and scum might hesitate to kill me because of the possibility of a Watcher.

As part of this plan, I would remain silent for the vast majority of N1, hoping to create more WIFOM, and then show up last second, with a complete reads list, allowing my confirmed townie thoughts to help out the Town when I inevitably flipped at the start of D2.

So there was an underlying plan, and solid logic, reasoning, and motivations behind it.

However, it all fell apart for two reasons.
1. The Strongman was infinite and Town didn't have a Watcher or Tracker. Not my fault, and I always knew this was a gamble.
2. My implementation of the plan sucked.

Elieson said it himself of my "last will and testament:"

And he isn't wrong.

Despite my earlier assertations to the contrary, I found myself mostly coasting along in this game, without the brainpower or concentration that the game needed. The end result was basically skimming over most of the non-Caps, Mido, Elieson, and HD posts, which, was not a winning strategy.
I didn't have the motivation to play to my best capabilities, and, working around not only my Sabbath but also my busy streaming schedule, made focusing on the game impossible.

And you all deserve better.

To be honest, I think a ton of the "hype" around me is, and always has been, inflated. I am not all that good at mafia, especially when I am town. I just end up floundering around and waiting for a better player like HD or Elieson to point me in the right direction. (Hell, because of Elieson's posts on N1, I changed up my action last minute from him to gentlefeather. Imagine if I had actually survived and hadn't been blocked how different the rest of the game would have gone.) But, on my own, I'm really not that formidable, even at my best.

And I can't summon up the motivation to give you all my best anymore. So I'm calling it here.
I'll take the one final, undeserved, victory, and call this the final game I will ever play. For real this time.

I have no intention on coming back and playing mafia ever again.

This is nobody's fault but my own. I joined this game of my own free will. I joined it because I wanted to. But this game taught me that I just can't do this anymore. I can't live up to my previous exploits. I can't even put two thoughts together properly, for Arceus's sake. (I mean, look at how far off the goddamned mark my final in-game thoughts were!)

So this is it. It was a fun run while it lasted, but all things must come to an end.

I've enjoyed the games I've gotten to play with you all, and, more than anything else, I want TWR to flourish again.
But I'm burned out and rusted beyond repair, so I cannot carry on as a player.

I'll leave you all with one final Farnsworth meme, and hope you all remember the good times as fondly as I do.

snip20220417_73090180557092880990.jpg

this is over and yeah my status pretty much explains my absence, i was about to start trying to scumhunt now that we had some leads but then got sick during day 2 (not covid) and i didnt want to do fuckall but sleep, and pretty much abandoned this as a result

which wouldn't have been as terrible of a look if i was able to add anything of value day 1 but i was specifically waiting for day 2 (like i said i would in the beginning) so i could start to make contributions that weren't just shitty speculation

i see town won so my situation wasn't so much of a liability that it caused a town L so congrats

Back
Top Bottom