• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Salandit is amazing. Generation 7 is shaping up to have an amazing new set of Pokémon. I want all of them on my team. Ugh.

Salandit is awesome. I have long waited for that type combination. My biggest question is, does it evolve?

Wow! Not only does Salandit have a new type combo in Poison/Fire, but we get a Pokémon that can poison its own type along with Steel-types. With all of these Pokémon having awesome abilities that manipulate moves this generation, no wonder Prof. Kukui studies Pokémon moves! Salandit is definitely going on my team!

I just hope that Game Freak can keep this trend up so that Alola doesn't end up like Kalos in regards to being overshadowed by older Pokémon and older regions. So far, it seems Game Freak has learned from their mistakes in XY, both story-wise and in regards to newer Pokémon focus!

EDIT: My brain keeps referring Salandit as "Sandlit" for some reason. Therefore, I got its name wrong. Now that I think about it, "Sandlit" would make a good name for a first stage of Salandit should it be part of an evolutionary line.

Last edited:
So glad we can change votes.

Salandit is our first fire/poison type and it comes with an amazing ability. This is the kind of thing I've always wanted! It even resembles a komodo dragon a bit. Definitely going to get added to my team

CURRENT ROSTER
  • Rowlett
  • Vikavolt
  • Rockruff
  • Salandit

Salandit's typing and ability are cool, I'll give it that, but the design leaves a lot to be desired. It creeps me out, especially its eyes. Though I do like it more than a few of the Pokemon revealed last week.

I must wonder, does Salandit bypass the Immunity ability too?

I don't think so. It seems to be based on removing the type interactions, so Immunity, Comatose and Flower Veil-protected Grass-types probably avoid it with them being abilities. It's likely Magic Guard users still won't take damage too.

I suspect they'd not want to invalidate Immunity specifically with another ability. If so we'll have an interesting situation where the only 'mons immune to this Corrosion Toxic are non-Poison/Steel or running Safeguard etc. I really do like a lot of the inventive abilities we're seeing, the metagame is going to get really interesting.

Salandit itself I'm not too fussed by. The design is mostly okay, but the way its eyes and cheek are done it looks to be smiling goofily, which puts me off. The attack animation seems to be a much nicer pose, though. Will be intrigued to see what it evolves into, if it does. A more heavyset komodo-esque version, perhaps.

Either a komodo or a gila monster I think. Though salamanders are amphibians while those two are reptiles so maybe not idk. Both are pretty venomous and would work with the theme.

Either a komodo or a gila monster I think. Though salamanders are amphibians while those two are reptiles so maybe not idk. Both are pretty poisonous and would work with the theme.
I will remind you that Charmander also takes its name from the salamander :p

I imagine the influence here is the mythical, fire loving salamander and not the amphibious real-world one

I will remind you that Charmander also takes its name from the salamander :p

I imagine the influence here is the mythical, fire loving salamander and not the amphibious real-world one

Well the French and German names involve newts too, which is the only reason I was questioning it because it seems like a clear theme. The names can be a bit off at times which is why I'd like to see what the Japanese one comes from. But you're right about Charmander.

Salandit and Cutiefly currently tied as favorites, with Bruxish as a strong third.

What I love about Salandit is that it has both a cute factor of fire-types and a grunge factor of poison-types, and I think the two are combined really well. Kind of like Cyndaquil if it lived in the trash tbh.

I can't believe it but Salandit ousts Rowlet as my favorite so far. 10/10 good job designing a Fire/Poison type, GameFreak. The purple eyes and the shock of red on its back really give off a sinister vibe. Do not mess with this thing. No touching. Just don't. But you (or your Pokémon) do anyway and you just get poisoned or burned. Pick your poison, I guess.

Pretty freaky but cool new Pokemon. Interesting type!

God I hope they continue with the new tyoe combos, gen 6 was gold in this department. If they have a large pool of new Pokemon, they can easily make do another 8. My personal top 3 in this department are:
Ice/Fighting
Ghost/Ground
Grass/Electric

God I hope they continue with the new tyoe combos, gen 6 was gold in this department. If they have a large pool of new Pokemon, they can easily make do another 8. My personal top 3 in this department are:
Ice/Fighting
Ghost/Ground
Grass/Electric

Two of those types already exist :p

Ice/Fighting I do want though. I keep saying it should be a frost giant and I stand by it! Game Freak already gave me the Grass/Flying starter and Fire/Poison line I was begging for this gen, so let's make it a hat trick ay Game Freak?

Seriously, the focus on new typings and awesome abilities so far makes me hope that the few Ice-types we do inevitably get will be similarly be treated like royalty.

Also I'm even more convinced Pikipek is dropping the Normal type for something else now. :D

Gen 5 was also pretty good with the unique typings, so I think we'll definitely get a few more if 7 is following in both its and 6's footsteps.

Personal vote goes to Bug/Ice and Dragon/Bug.

Back
Top Bottom